Topic: How to fight an Ewar bot?

Hi,

lost some light mechs to some Intakt of Ecorp today. I was wondering how you can fight e-war bots?
They mark you at 400m, have a speed of up to 90km/h and with lasers can fire up to 150-250m. Next to some gimicks like disturbing your lock, slowing you and so on...

If they do it right, an enemy never ever get a chance to fire at them. And if, so what? They can alway run. They will be even faster wenn demobilised.

So, how to fight them? Is having an e-war bot yourself the only option?

P.S.: Although learned that teleporting with PvP flag is not possible. tongue

2 (edited by HereticZero 2010-12-14 07:11:17)

Re: How to fight an Ewar bot?

Having Ewar yourself does help.  If you don't there are a couple things you can do to help give you a small chance of getting away or at least fighting back.

Fitting your bot with an armor plate instead of lightweight frame gives you a better chance to avoid being slowed.  Fitting an ECCM (Requires Jamming electronics 3) will help you not get jammed/suppressed a little.

In the end you have to decide if you're going to try and fight or run.  If you decide to run don't fire your weapons as it's ridiculously long to lose PvP timer and port anywhere.

Hope this helps a little.

The Enclave - No drama!  No prisoners!

3 (edited by Neoxx 2010-12-14 07:29:50)

*****CENSORED BY M2S SECRET SERVICE*****

If you dont *CENSORED* kill it.  At least 1 should be *CENSORED* sensor amp.

Force it *CENSORED* and dps it as much as possible at that point.  If you dont have *CENSORED* it takes damage.  It will continue *CENSORED* you're dead or escaped.

You certainly dont need *CENSORED*, but *CENSORED* to dps is best.  2 *CENSORED* out an intakt in 2 *CENSORED*, sometimes in *CENSORED* they have good skills.

Hope that helps!

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Thanks for your input.
Decoding department is currently on its task to break the M2S code.

I will try to outfit my mech accordingly. Running is no option. yarr

On a second though:
If I equip ECCM in the only head slot, I might not get jammed. But without a sensor amplifier the ewars will dance in and out of my locking range much easier.
If I equip armor plates, I may not get slowed. But I am slow from the beginning (with more armor at least).

Both options doesn´t look to promissing on a light mech...

well ewars are advanced robots really. What kind of robot are you expecting to use effectively against them?

7 (edited by Shmekla 2010-12-14 13:57:02)

Neoxx wrote:

Force it *CENSORED* and dps it as much as possible at that point.  If you dont have *CENSORED* it takes damage.  It will continue *CENSORED* you're dead or escaped.

You certainly dont need *CENSORED*, but *CENSORED* to dps is best.  2 *CENSORED* out an intakt in 2 *CENSORED*, sometimes in *CENSORED* they have good skills.

Hope that helps!

This is very similar to what nano HAC advised when they asked how to fight nano HACs  big_smile

As Neoxx said, (I hope wink ) fit sensor amp, that you can lock at relative same distance. Force him to come close, that mean, exploit landscape, use any LOS blocking object, try to go to hills where is no large free LOS. DO NOT fight in open area.
ECM do not have big dps and lot of armor so you may get a chance..

skills, and mabye a friend.....?

9 (edited by Golden One 2010-12-14 19:16:28)

Hey I'm pretty sure I'm not in ECORP...

You'd think that after demobbing your Sequer and harassing your 4 lights for that long you'd get the Corp name right.

<mutters>

Shmekla wrote:
Neoxx wrote:

Hope that helps!

This is very similar to what nano HAC advised when they asked how to fight nano HACs  big_smile

As Neoxx said, (I hope wink ) fit sensor amp, that you can lock at relative same distance

Not even close to the same distance.  IF the intakt isn't fitting a sensor amp himself, and IF he has no points in long range targeting, THEN maybe it's CLOSE to the same distance, but even that is stretching it.

incoming nerf ewar post

8 ewar killed an Artemis less than 10m from outpost entering range.

There will be much whining.

The Game

Alexander wrote:

IT WAS A PROTOTYPE!

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Well got an ewar bot on my own now. 500m locking range and high speed even with gimped skills is sexy smile
Hit points are the weak spot, so thats the way to bring it down. I am pretty sure I will lose that mech again... but hey, its a learing experiance. And some day I will have the necessary experiance and extensions.

@Golden One:
You had no chance to touch our Sequer. As our 3 (not 4) light mechs had no chance of touching you. Without the Ecope troups you called in you wouldn´t have done any damage at all. Your sign might read Sachs, but I guess you are Ecore after all.

postman wrote:

incoming nerf ewar post

You're too late, that post was made 3 days ago.

Raiser wrote:

Well got an ewar bot on my own now. 500m locking range and high speed even with gimped skills is sexy smile
Hit points are the weak spot, so thats the way to bring it down. I am pretty sure I will lose that mech again... but hey, its a learing experiance. And some day I will have the necessary experiance and extensions.

@Golden One:
You had no chance to touch our Sequer. As our 3 (not 4) light mechs had no chance of touching you. Without the Ecope troups you called in you wouldn´t have done any damage at all. Your sign might read Sachs, but I guess you are Ecore after all.

Lol I like this guy. Ballsy smile

17 (edited by Golden One 2010-12-16 00:03:16)

Raiser wrote:

Wait, are you bragging that 1 Intakt can't take 3 light bots and a Sequer?  I would hope not. 

However 2 of us did manage to kill 2 of your light bots without any problems.  And having 1 alliance member show up to a fight does not suddenly make us their lackeys.

Care to make another refining run and see how much money it costs you next time?

Sure. big_smile
But be warned: We are learning fast. wink

1 ewar robot can kill three light bots and a sequer it just takes a lot of time and stupidity on the light robots part.

The Game

is the world so broke that they cant afford an assault at this point... lol

Alexander wrote:

Forgive me as I am new and there is a big learning curve to this game but shouldn't 8 of just about anything be able to beat 1 of just about anything?

StormWatch wrote:
Alexander wrote:

Forgive me as I am new and there is a big learning curve to this game but shouldn't 8 of just about anything be able to beat 1 of just about anything?

Depends on skills, 8 of what vs 1 of what and of course the human factor.  8 afk arganos arent going to fight back wink.  However on paper yes, in practice not always

So how many Light Ewars should an Artemis be able to fend off assuming equal skill by all players?

StormWatch wrote:

So how many Light Ewars should an Artemis be able to fend off assuming equal skill by all players?

Not many. It's not like an Artemis is a godly step up. I'd even go so far to say 1 light ewar could take out an Artemis given enough time.

25 (edited by BigCountry 2010-12-16 20:03:12)

The energy drain ratio is what needs nerfed. It's ridiculous. U can drain an assault bot for crying out loud in 10 seconds. lol

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]