Topic: T4 small missile llaunchers are underbalanced vs other T4 weapons.

Standard light missile launcher rate of fire: 7.50 sec
T4 light missile launcher: 6.50 sec

Barely 15% faster cycles
Standard medium missile launcher rate of fire: 14.00 sec
T4 medium missile launcher rate of fire: 10.50 sec

25% faster cycles - This is the improvement the light missile launcher should get too.

Then compare the T4 light missile launcher vs T4 turrets

Standard light HCL laser
100% damage, 4.00 sec rate of fire, 150m optimal range
T4 light HCL laser
110% damage, 3.50 sec rate of fire, 165m optimal range

T4 equates to around 25% more damage and an increased optimal range.

So as you can see, the T4 standard missile launchers are hugely underpowered compared to their medium missile launcher and turret counterparts.

Re: T4 small missile llaunchers are underbalanced vs other T4 weapons.

They are fine, missiles are overpowered as it is.

how is that possible siddy? from all the dps models i have seen missiles r the lowest dps. unless i am missing something. the only advantage missiles have is LOS issues. pls inform the masses how youve come to the conclusion that missiles r overpowered as it it.. ty

its called "sarcasm"

Forum Rule #5
Pyramid quoting, quoting excessive amounts of text or quoting without any senseful reply is forbidden. Only quote that is necessary to show what your reply refers to.

The only thing that is a little unbalanced is the other T4 weapons. the mechanics behind the weapons are fine. but the T4 lasers and ems are ok, nothing to write home about.

It certainly does seem as though the further I progress in this game the weaker my missiles get.

Cons wrote:

It certainly does seem as though the further I progress in this game the weaker my missiles get.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

I agree with Purg about the launchers.

No extra range or damage, my initial response was wtf.

No wonder they were only 1.3m each.

Devs do you plan to look into this or missiles for some reason need to be weaker than other weapons?

One thing I'd like to point out is that missile launchers actually get an ammo bonus at T4, 50% more, but lasers and EM actually get less ammo at T4.

This does help the case of missiles somewhat because in my mind missiles are about consistency over raw dps.  Sure, with reloading skills higher this wont be much more than 1 cycle missed with reloading, but in any decent fight you'll be firing 20 rounds easy, so having the extra 10 is a good bonus.

I still think they could use a bit more love, but for those crying that they are oddly balanced, I think the ammo capacity has something to do with it.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

The only thing ive noticed is the absence of large flat areas. Hills, obstacles, and many an uneven ground compose the beta islands.

Granted ive only explored a 3rd of each of the islands, due to not many people being on them, but from the looks of it while my lasers are going to be hitting the ground 2 outta 5 times- missles will be pounding my bot brown starfish.

BizzyBeast wrote:

The only thing ive noticed is the absence of large flat areas. Hills, obstacles, and many an uneven ground compose the beta islands.

Granted ive only explored a 3rd of each of the islands, due to not many people being on them, but from the looks of it while my lasers are going to be hitting the ground 2 outta 5 times- missles will be pounding my bot brown starfish.

Sounds like a good time.