Re: Should there be a paid for account EP reset?

No way. If its there and ready I can wait a while and all of a sudden I want to undo a 45 day extension... pow instant done. Click and wait you need to wait once you decide you want to do it. Wasteng the I between time. The game works on pools of extensions and should follow suit there's a pool of reset points. Why change the way things work

Kamikazie wrote:

No way. If its there and ready I can wait a while and all of a sudden I want to undo a 45 day extension... pow instant done. Click and wait you need to wait once you decide you want to do it. Wasteng the I between time. The game works on pools of extensions and should follow suit there's a pool of reset points. Why change the way things work

You are right.

What really makes any kind of repeatable no penalty reset bad is that you're never running at a disadvantage.

For instance it takes 45 days of EP to get robot level 10. Without a reset your character has to 'save' EP for 45 days making it less effective, since you can't spend them elsewhere.

With a reset you can place those EP in other skills while you wait for your total EP to accumlate, then reset and get robot level 10 without ever being at a disadvantage.

This breaks the whole EP progression over time system, and absolutely is pay to win if you can do this at anytime using either in game or RMT.

29 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-07-20 00:49:12)

^ and that's why I chose a realy small number like 5k/month or the 10/1 ratio.

If you spend EP worth 30 days you need 300 do make it unhappen. No way to FOTM-jump or spend 9to10 Niumqal-Mech EP somewhere else before aktual train level 10.

Level 10 should allaway be a pritty "final" dessition for high end extensions. You should be 100% sure and you should 100% know what you are doing when you do it.

But when you are new or played some time and noticed, you skilled something that might sound cool but you actual never use it (like me Recycling 6), it wouldn't hurt, if I free this 3k EP after a month and use them somewhere else.

I would vote for the ability to re-assign EP for each individual skill at the cost of NIC.  The way account resets are now is for the birds IMHO.  As many have said previously, we should be afforded this flexibility for many valid reasons, shifting between PvP and PvE builds is one obvious example. 

For those worried about role play factors like a persistent world, guess what?  Our avatars are robots.  Any robot I know of is reprogrammable within the limits of hardware.  Re-assigning EP is in keeping with the nature of our robots-on-an-alien-world game, if you really think about it.

The Dev Team can make alterations painfully expensive as a disincentive.  For example, each point "bought back" would cost the initial NIC value - so if initial cost=125K and you want to buy back 3 points, it would cost you 375K.  ---OR---  The higher the point's value, the more it costs to buy back, so buying a level 3 point costs less than a level 6 point.  This would make complete alterations impractical if not impossible, but fixing a mistake would only be painfully affordable.  And for the hard core players who feel regular respecs are a necessity for max performance in every Field Op, let 'em grind the NIC and have fun.

RP answer - No, your a remote 'spark' not a robot. Perisitance isn't just RP - its about making choices that are important in the game, and the sand reaches well outside of the little Nian islands.

At any rate, even if you accept the concept of changing skills around, attaching it to NIC is a bad idea. There will come a time when having 20 or 30 Billion NIC is fairly common for players that have played since launch. If the cost is high enough to make them think twice about using it, 4 or 6 Million NIC per point, then average players will never be able to use the system. Too low and the rich players can change at will. It's impossible to balance a game breaking feature like EP movement using any payment system; in-game or out. Rich will always have the FOTM advantage then.

tl;dr - EP is too important to allow players the ability for unlimited adjustments at any cost. The world is made of Sand, People should be made of Stone, or this game is no different than an x-box FPS.

No EP reset, kthx.

This needs to happen, and it needs to be costly.  I suggest a Paid EP Reset costing $30 to $50 or w/e the Euro transfer is.  This will help do a couple of things.  One entertains the flavor of the month crew while injecting capital into Avatar Creations.  We got ICE and its wonderful and dandy now we need make the cost a little steep in order to curb on the whims but still an option.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

If it's a real cash only thing then I say go for it.  More money for the game project is a good thing... I might buy a reset once... but only once. It would be a good high cost item.

Sociorum, inimicos, omnes

-:does speak for NSA on the forums:-

Sure lets just make it a even $200 USD.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Sure lets just make it a even $200 USD.

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Do you get a 50% discount on gifted accounts?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."