1 (edited by Goffer 2012-06-23 13:56:59)

Topic: ICS Tutorial Assignment III

The ICS tutorial #3 asks to scan for titan and mine some. ATM the next titan spot near the ICS-A Terminal is guarded by Camelon and Yagel which is impossible to deal with in Arke.

For those having this problem it is good idea to move as fast as possible as far as possible away, which atm means move to "New Brandenburg Teleport", jump through and start scanning there.

Re: ICS Tutorial Assignment III

I ran into that as well, if you go a ways north from alpha there is some unguarded titan as well.

I experienced the same. At first I wasn't able to get the titan, but got help from two other players that needed the ore too.

Ehm, that was a T-M tutorial assignment :-S. Still, the titan was guarded.

For other 1-2 hour old players such as myself, I'll add this note:

There is no Titan ore at the point labeled with the red "a" on your map.  The tutorial apparently sends you to the wrong location.

Try the area well east of Matsu Shoto Teleport by the water (near Matsu Shotu II teleport or something similar) and you'll see good deposits (big yellow and orange indicators) that will enable you to complete the tutorial. 

To the developers:
Seems like a nice game, but if you want new players to stay then you really need to make the tutorials accurate.

The assignments need to be updated. Don't go to the spot marked for you. Instead buy some directional scanner charges for titan ore and find it that way.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

The point is things were implemented with out actual thoughts of  what they would interfere with.  Dynamic Ore spawns + broken missions + npcs that are gone + support tickets taking weeks to answer + field containers that can be killed by explosions + low population = MechWarrior Online here I come.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Thank you so much Goffer. This was really irritating me!

=]

9 (edited by Rabiata 2012-09-02 22:19:38)

Ran into this too.

The tutorial actually says to use the directional scanner, as Gemrod suggested. I did so and it led me to an area on a hill south/southeast of the ICS terminal. I guess it is the same area as mentioned by Goffer, as it is usually guarded by two Yagels and one Cameleon. And yes, a Arhke with only one autocannon will be unable to handle those.

There is at least one more thing wrong with that tutorial assignment:
It does not say how much titan is needed to complete the mission, although it suggets taking a significant amount of drill charges.

Edit:
There is indeed another deposit near the coast. I got my titanium there and I'm on my way back now.

10 (edited by Goffer 2013-01-20 18:52:01)

At the moment it is quite frustrating for new player to do this assignment near TMA Terminal.
As the nearest two fields in north of terminal are nearly down mined, only few dark green spots (if ever).
It is normal game play that ore fields behave thsi, when mined not to the end, but for new players it is wrong start in game.

Maybe you should get a special scan ammo for this tutorial with quite better accuracy.

BTW it is still valid to teleport as far a possible away from the bad spots and start scanning there.

make a static slodbit or what ever the ammo is that the arkhe comes with and put it near the station make the tutorial have you scan and mine that. problem solved

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d