Re: Goodbye Perpetuum online

Hey f-navy, yesterday they lost koykilli, hydelhorn, and inertia. Come back, and make em loose more. You guys already made them loose lots of heavy. Come on aranol smile

Sorry,what?

Its probably the outposts we've been trying to hand out to newbie corps since Terra Incognita. lol

Ah. finally, occupants.

80 (edited by Lemon 2011-12-06 21:33:09)

Hi

Awe no title yet

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

troll or nice guy

idiot or genius

noob or vet

its always sad to see someone go.

o7

"False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade."

Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia wrote:

Hey f-navy, yesterday they lost koykilli, hydelhorn, and inertia. Come back, and make em loose more. You guys already made them loose lots of heavy. Come on aranol smile

Yeah Aranol it was awesome watching 62nd heavy mechs blow up!  Even better when Mara and balifzar teleported off island while the rest of their squad got got camped in Moyar!  It was like old times again.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

What 9 hours and no witty replies yet? Did someone lose their tongues? Ah, no, it was mechs they lost.

WTF ?_? http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Ingame:Most_dangerous
I have a better place than before i stopped the game -_- ? Any pvp activities since i left ?

the "Most Dangerous Agents" must also count the dead made on the official forum.

I notice ole Syndic dropping down...hasn't been on lately or his guns jammed?
http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=agent&name=Syndic

Villie seems to have taken the lead smile

87 (edited by Mara Kaid Pirate of Nia 2011-12-07 17:31:16)

Ville wrote:

Yeah Aranol it was awesome watching 62nd heavy mechs blow up!  Even better when Mara and balifzar teleported off island while the rest of their squad got got camped in Moyar!  It was like old times again.

It was really fun watching ville hide behind several mechs and claiming such battleprowess, it was also fun taking down his friends in heavy mechs and forcing ville to fight with 20 people at his back. For one with such courage and prowess I'm amazed at his skill in making such comments. I'm glad my guys will fight with just 10 vs 20, or 10 vs 30. While others will wait to engage with having 2x or 3x the numbers.

I'm also glad ville fought with a group that claims to drive people from the game, and then complains about lack of pvp in the same thread. Awesome.

They've lost control of norhoop f-navy, and their stuck defending domhalarm now. Come back to the game and force another offense on them.

Posting pathetic comments on the forums to pat your boys on the back for losing 300 Million in assets for meaningless outposts proves further how delusional you are.  I think we lost 7 bots last night and you lost 38. smile  You know the pirates are fuuu when there is nothing but dead silence in General Chat.  I love it.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Jack Jombardo wrote:

Haha, it's what I expected *g*.
The server isn't even online again and the first one start to whine like pink girlys yarr.

And it's not the DEVs who don't know, what is important. Most of you don't understand what this game need!

First of all it's: population

Not more content (there is enough), not new icelands (hell, betas are nearly empty, go there before you ask for more), not POS or whatever you want to call it. It's flat population.

And I know many of you don't want to hear it or even can't except it, but games like Perpetuum live from their PvE-player base!
If miners can't sell their stuff, they will leave.
If trading isn't posible as noone sells or buys trader will leave.
If noone buys their stuff, producer will leave.

I know many of you just want to pewpew and kick *** ... but it's unimportant, when most new players don't stay as there is NO MARKET! As long as new player don't stay becouse of no market .. you will NEVER be happy about Beta-Population!
And no golden eggs will change this!

Quoted For Truth!

The easiest thing the DEVs can do is to forcing every trade to happen on the open market and lower the tax rate by 50%. Sure direct deals will still happen between trusted parties to save that 1% (at max skills), but using the market will be a lot more feasible all of a sudden. We will see more open competition, which will reduce prices and give everyone an realistic frame of reference of what that price level really is.

We had a population boom and it helped matters for a little while.
The major issue is that there is no upper limit to the amount of people who can gang together.

A lot of people whom join end up leaving because of the drama, lack of small PVP content (Addressed with intrusion 2.0 a little too well) and the lack of market activity. (Because everyone just trades inside their own alliance)..

Bring in an alliance smashing tool. People will not want to be in the same corp together..

91 (edited by Jack Jombardo 2011-12-14 14:02:38)

Alexander wrote:

lack of small PVP content

Sorry but no.
I know it might be realy hard for you PvP players to get ... but they don't left becouse of no PvP. Sorry.

I am one of this guys who joined that time and there are many reasons why most of them left.

Missions:
As new fight char you do missions to earn your first money which you need to buy fenzy pew pew stuff.
But as there are just 3 to 5 level 0/1 missions at each main Alpha these mission spots where crowded hardcore ... which was NO FUN. Even less when some older players with lock times close to 2 seconds taged each and every NPC.
And instead of beeing happy to see so many new players ... some of you flamed and blamed and lought about them when they asked if they can have their mission NPCs -> new player left again becouse of anti sozial behavior.

Market:
When I started trail accounts could only buy amunition from NPC orders and it was not posible to earn enough money from missions to purchases the amunition you need to do the mission as amu cost >>>>>>>>>> mission reward.
Bad designe @DEVs.
So they had to bag for amunition or grind gray drones to get the amunition to do missions. This drove away several more of this new players.

In addition the market was pritty empty which you realized when you subed ... many just subed once when they saw it.

The one who survived this shock realy tryed to handle the situation and started to mine, produce or grind. First one who left had been the producers. First they bought all the kernals to learn how to produce some T2/T3 items. They spend ALL the money the had for Kernals ... you know ... producers normaly do NOT have the fighting extensions to kill the NPC to get kernals ... they need to buy them!
But there was no reward as noone bought their T2/T3 items OR the market price was FAR belove production cost becouse of sold drobs.
Hell, some realy tryed to survive by producing mining charges or amunition but even this market was far to small to survive.
-> they invested alot but got no reward and left

Next the miners left as without producers there had been no buyers for their ore anymore.

Let's check it:
- mission runners left
- producers left
- miners left
- noone started as trader as soon as they saw the empty market

I understand that you and some more only want to PvP ... but games like Perpetuum NEED much more then just PvP. This is not CS or CoD. MMOs just survive when they can astablish high active player counts and for this they MUST HAVE alot of PvE players (PvE includes Mission, trade, mine, produce).
Just check the numbers, PvP player alone by far aren't enough to get a healthy population.

You don't like this fact? Doesn't matter! It is as it is.

PS: I started together with 23 friends coming from this other Sifi game (*g*). Most of them left after some days (the mission runners who did not like to fight for mission NPCs). 10 subed for 1 to 3 month. After that time only 3 where left (2 NPC grinder, 1 miner) ... now I am the only one with two active ACC ... and I don't realy know if I sub again as I'm a hybrid NPC grinder/producer/miner.
And it's realy boring to grind all the Kernals to produce stuff noone buys as the big corps all have their own small market sad.

Jack Jombardo wrote:

alots of things

T.H.I.S.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Jack Jombardo wrote:
Alexander wrote:

lack of small PVP content

Sorry but no.
I know it might be realy hard for you PvP players to get ... but they don't left becouse of no PvP. Sorry.

I am one of this guys who joined that time and there are many reasons why most of them left.

Missions:
As new fight char you do missions to earn your first money which you need to buy fenzy pew pew stuff.
But as there are just 3 to 5 level 0/1 missions at each main Alpha these mission spots where crowded hardcore ... which was NO FUN. Even less when some older players with lock times close to 2 seconds taged each and every NPC.
And instead of beeing happy to see so many new players ... some of you flamed and blamed and lought about them when they asked if they can have their mission NPCs -> new player left again becouse of anti sozial behavior.

Market:
When I started trail accounts could only buy amunition from NPC orders and it was not posible to earn enough money from missions to purchases the amunition you need to do the mission as amu cost >>>>>>>>>> mission reward.
Bad designe @DEVs.
So they had to bag for amunition or grind gray drones to get the amunition to do missions. This drove away several more of this new players.

In addition the market was pritty empty which you realized when you subed ... many just subed once when they saw it.

The one who survived this shock realy tryed to handle the situation and started to mine, produce or grind. First one who left had been the producers. First they bought all the kernals to learn how to produce some T2/T3 items. They spend ALL the money the had for Kernals ... you know ... producers normaly do NOT have the fighting extensions to kill the NPC to get kernals ... they need to buy them!
But there was no reward as noone bought their T2/T3 items OR the market price was FAR belove production cost becouse of sold drobs.
Hell, some realy tryed to survive by producing mining charges or amunition but even this market was far to small to survive.
-> they invested alot but got no reward and left

Next the miners left as without producers there had been no buyers for their ore anymore.

Let's check it:
- mission runners left
- producers left
- miners left
- noone started as trader as soon as they saw the empty market

I understand that you and some more only want to PvP ... but games like Perpetuum NEED much more then just PvP. This is not CS or CoD. MMOs just survive when they can astablish high active player counts and for this they MUST HAVE alot of PvE players (PvE includes Mission, trade, mine, produce).
Just check the numbers, PvP player alone by far aren't enough to get a healthy population.

You don't like this fact? Doesn't matter! It is as it is.

PS: I started together with 23 friends coming from this other Sifi game (*g*). Most of them left after some days (the mission runners who did not like to fight for mission NPCs). 10 subed for 1 to 3 month. After that time only 3 where left (2 NPC grinder, 1 miner) ... now I am the only one with two active ACC ... and I don't realy know if I sub again as I'm a hybrid NPC grinder/producer/miner.
And it's realy boring to grind all the Kernals to produce stuff noone buys as the big corps all have their own small market sad.

This and the constant drama and name calling.  Its like playing with a bunch of twelve year olds. sad

@Jack: Well, done.

But I would like to suggest to not take perpetuum too seriously. It's just a game.

95 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2013-01-10 08:20:55)

http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

PoKK:2013-01-08 20:36:39
gj guys smile)

Anonymous:2013-01-08 21:06:11
pokk!! come back to play perp!

F-NAVY member:2013-01-08 21:41:12
yes, come back to us PoKK! come back to the French Navy and blow things up on beta!

Lobo:2013-01-09 03:40:00
POKK come back

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Do you even know who he is?

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Decent PvPer? Ex xXAXx/XXsiXX/TOG/F-NAVY player?/Old S.Q.U.I.D Alliance member?/No longer plays?

fill me in on what details i have missed please, enlighten me on another piece of perpetuum history and old players who don't play that much anymore smile

for i do not believe i was in this game when i was, although i did see him in SovNov Vs. S.Q.U.I.D vid or 2 on S t u G's youtube channel in which there was some fight at fort douglas on 11-14-2011 i believe? you were at that fight i believe, im just over here trying to figure out my perpetuum history as there is new history created in the future big_smile

*Merkle backs up slowly....

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

*Merkle backs up slowly....

oh yeah... you died in that fight, and was apart of SovNov (RG)

Let me get that loss, I think it was one of the first Mk2 Mesmer Losses Ever.

http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=4963

I think I got over 20KM in that thing, was fun.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13