Topic: field cans o.0

So field cans have been nerfed and buffed to the point that we now have the ever present 1 hour non-destroyable field can.

Q: Why was it implemented to be able to shoot them then taken back away from us?
A: People were farming and AOE was killing their can.
Q: why were people to stupid to move can?
A: Oh yeah the bot cans were blowing up also!!!
Q: Why was this never fixed so that we can still kill field cans but they wont take aoe and NPC cans will not take any damage?
A:_______________________

Why can't we shoot them and when they blow up they produce a can like what you get from NPCs with a chance at getting the loot in the field can.

If not that why can't I chemical/Plasma bomb it!!!>? As it is now if I scare off the miner/NPC ratter I'm left with camping a can for an hour or leaving.

Why not make a new module (I Know wait for the patch) that allows you to hack a persons field can. This is my choice!!!

More SAND this is sand that was here before where is it now?

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Re: field cans o.0

Yea I feel your pain.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

its truly mysterious...

but...

you know how you can tell easily if its worth blocking that fieldcan for an hour or not?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The problem Khader was the people who were living on Beta mining, had fields spawning under NPCS.  The only way to really mine  (shielded and tanked) those fields was to farm the NPCS.  By farm there were two methods:  You ECM and Suppression spammed them or you literally killed them.  Now since all bots had pretty much ALL the ewar packages ECM and suppression the miners caught hell trying to mine the fields even when the mobs were CC'd.  There were numerous times a wild mob got freed and ended up during the farming session getting a little too close to the cans and blew up on the cans.

I don't like the idea personally of hacking field cans because that setups too many jackasses being able to alpha grief people and some people might be saying well I want more sand, but I feel like I want more people who don't rage after mining in an argano for 3 hours to have their can flipped by a veteran sequer with combat support.  I think that will piss more people off and cause them to leave then it will create more content for others.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Good points but how about

No explosion damage to cans, but still lockable for firing

For hacking, could be rules in place like inability to hack a can open by owner. Hacking could be something essentially only possible once can is abandoned. Or just make hackable Beta and Gamma only

I think this game is too immature population wise to give greifers another outlet. So not for ruining some Active miner's day on alpha. But if he abandons his can for too long...

Sparking to other games

Sounds good to me!

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

can i cargo scan a can? why not?

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men

Lobo wrote:

can i cargo scan a can? why not?

you can scan a can wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

but can you scan a can and scam a man with a scam can scan?

I want to shoot a guy in Beta or Gamma who has a can, then take the stuff he has in his can, please.

Thanks -

Gunner wrote:

I want to shoot a guy in Beta or Gamma who has a can, then take the stuff he has in his can, please.

Thanks -

This

and No I don't want to scan the can because I'm not gimping my fit or bringing a follow bot with a cargo scanner. Besides I would be angry that I can't take it and waste my time camping it.

Lobo wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Thanks -

This

and No I don't want to scan the can because I'm not gimping my fit or bringing a follow bot with a cargo scanner. Besides I would be angry that I can't take it and waste my time camping it.

but you would want to gimp your followbot with a can-hacker?

you could also just do real piracy - offer the mining/farming guy to NOT kill him if he drops stuff into a fieldcan that you have brought. If you just kill him right off - its your decision, not the game mechanics that need to be adjusted.

with hunters words: stop playing with hands growing from ***!

fuuu

13 (edited by Lobo 2013-01-05 14:44:45)

Annihilator wrote:

but you would want to gimp your followbot with a can-hacker?

you could also just do real piracy - offer the mining/farming guy to NOT kill him if he drops stuff into a fieldcan that you have brought. If you just kill him right off - its your decision, not the game mechanics that need to be adjusted.

with hunters words: stop playing with hands growing from ***!

fuuu

Clam down angry man I'm not asking for a new bonus to kains I'm asking for a feature that was implemented but removed because it wasn't "perfect balance" Ie. Makeing them immune to explosion damage but still take targeted damage. and only on beta and gamma.
Having a can hacker wouldn't be a gimp it would be a plus because you would get something from it other than a picture and number of what it is.

Honestly in the past 2 months I've only caught 2 people with cans. One told me the combo to the can after I killed him the other we camped the can and got a good fight. I just think if we can hack alien tech to drive their bots we can hack a metal can.

Edit: spelling omg it was bad

Yea as it stands, cans are really OverPower'ed.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I want the bot made out of the stuff the can is made from please.