1 (edited by Merkle 2012-12-30 13:28:11)

Topic: Unacceptable Period

Today on Hoop we attempted to have a good fight on the kara sap, the server completely *** up, now this isn't just one side saying this both sides were having fits.

We could barely do anything, this is unacceptable, GET this issue fixed now.

Azyre> that was bullshit for both sides
Cassius> well gf ... but only happened like that because of the server ... i should have died a long time ago
MaSTeR GuNz> was not fun sad
Guran> having over 900 range is pointless if I cant keep up with the lag lol
JasAlt> spawn the *** out of them with tickets smile
Obi Wan Kenobi> *** u CCp!

Just a few of the unhappy customers.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

2 (edited by Homer J Simpson 2012-12-30 13:29:19)

Re: Unacceptable Period

+1

Also

+1

BIGGEST joke ive ever seen

I hate unnacceptable periods. I mean its Christmas day man! I NEED some poontang. Just not acceptable.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

4 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-12-30 13:30:34)

lag is the new Ewar

Also posting on the wrong alt ftw

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

+1

6 (edited by MaSTeR GuNz 2012-12-30 13:35:16)

+1 Merkle post
the fight was not enjoyable with all the crap that happened

+1
+1
+1
+1 ...  THIS IS Ridiculous... Give your game some TLC... I Think only one hamster is still alive.. Maybe you forgot to feed them when you guys went on vacation 6 months ago.....

8 (edited by Burro 2012-12-30 13:34:10)

BUY MORE HAMSTERS

the funny thing to was it was LAgging well b4 the fight ever happend lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

10 (edited by Goffer 2012-12-30 13:36:28)

The point is you couldn't notice the lag unless wanna follow someone or check move of NPCs or active wanna do something. Just moving around was fine from an individual point of view.

Its just ridiculous if you see all other dots on radar warping instead of moving

I Had a great time.  Lag is fun.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Get Norhoop a new Server!!!!! Its the only Island I ever have multiple crashes on.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

+1111111111111          cool

Could be an aftermath of yesterday's SQL trouble, we're looking into it.

Did anyone have problems on other islands today around 12:50-55? (Did anyone actually do anything serious on other islands?)

I was fine on bergers

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Imidero was fine doing a bit of harvesting and killing some mobs. Sparked to Norhoop, undocked about 20 minutes later and WHAM.

Well so far we found nothing that could be tied to internal server problems. It all seems like an ISP/connection issue that somehow only affected one server which Norhoop is on. (Bergers and Imidero are on another server.)

It was unfortunatley way more than just normal lag issue.
It took sometimes more than a 2 minutes for update of client. E.g. enough to drop beacon direct in front of us (~300m) and using it. 
Chasing a plateted Messmer took almost all the way from Kara to Uria as on my client (all other chasing agents as well) the Messmer didn't move most of the time, but warped in 600-800m steps. So you had to guess if your too near or too far away.

I had after the battle fitted a self rep dock out, start repair module and docked in after 2 minutes with only ~200 HP restored. Undocked again, and found out that  rep module won't do anything at all. After third try nothing improves I decided to log off. Even after reloggin after hours, there was dmg left.

That was my plated Mesmer ... and I had tha same on my side, no idea who was chasing me, their position updating only once every 2 - 3 minutes, my modules cyling and frozen, no idea if I was repping or out of accum, and yeah I made it almost 3/4 of the way across Hoop walking being chased by 7 people without dying ... that would be epic if it was under normal conditions, but with the lag it was just sad.

No player should have a larger voice than any other player in game.  But this occured in a fight that probably involved 30-40 of your most loyal customers ... it is something that should be found out exactly why it happened, and fixed so it doesnt happen again.

One aspect of this game is when it works the pvp is great.  There have been 2 large and great fights over the holidays where our side has won. It excites the blood and keeps the customers interested.  This time the other side was quite eager and capable to deliver an epic asswhooping on us, and it was messed by the conditions. Not fair for them or fun for anyone involved.

Just jumped out of TMB to rep up and that painful lag is still there on Hoop. All seems fine on Imidero.

What other islands are on the Hoop server? Are they having issues too?

Might be something up with the server too after all. We're doing a restart now.

Pretty much all the inner alpha 1-2 (except New Virginia, Hershfield and Tellesis) and beta 1 islands are on this server (not beta 2). Plus 4 gamma islands, Blackpoint, Greensward, Novaya Trava and Neuhorn.

Hokk had the same "lag" problem on it FYI zoom