1 (edited by Purgatory 2012-12-24 20:24:59)

Topic: Defiance sci-fi MMO shooter - By Trion (Rift developer)

Been following this since it was announced ages ago. Looks cool, see no talk about it here, thought I'd let you all in on it. It releases April next year, along with its counterpart television series, also called "Defiance"  The game and TV series are said to effect each other.

Defiance the game is said to have over 150 people working on it. Defiance the TV series, is said to be syfy's biggest budget ever production, with a high budget than even Battlestar Galactica.

Beta sign ups went up recently with a flashy site from the fictional Defiance corporation "Vonbach Industries" said to be recruiting people as Ark hunters for the next beta mission which takes places in about 25 days. - http://vonbachindustries.com/en/

You don't hear much about this game yet because they're no doubt waiting until after the holiday season to ramp up the hype, beginning with the January beta events.

Oh, and if having a TV show as part of it wasn't enough, it's also going to be released on the PC, PS3 and Xbox all at the same time, which means it's likely to be massive, no MMO has done this before, neither the multiple platform release or the TV show part.

Re: Defiance sci-fi MMO shooter - By Trion (Rift developer)

Purgatory wrote:

Been following this since it was announced ages ago. Looks cool, see no talk about it here, thought I'd let you all in on it. It releases April next year, along with its counterpart television series, also called "Defiance"  The game and TV series are said to effect each other.

Defiance the game is said to have over 150 people working on it. Defiance the TV series, is said to be syfy's biggest budget ever production, with a high budget than even Battlestar Galactica.

Beta sign ups went up recently with a flashy site from the fictional Defiance corporation "Vonbach Industries" said to be recruiting people as Ark hunters for the next beta mission which takes places in about 25 days. - http://vonbachindustries.com/en/

You don't hear much about this game yet because they're no doubt waiting until after the holiday season to ramp up the hype, beginning with the January beta events.

Oh, and if having a TV show as part of it wasn't enough, it's also going to be released on the PC, PS3 and Xbox all at the same time, which means it's likely to be massive, no MMO has done this before, neither the multiple platform release or the TV show part.

DC universe released on multiplatform at the same time if I recall.

But yeah I have seen this game advertised.

eh.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

do someone selling black bots there Purgatory? big_smile lolololo

4 (edited by Purgatory 2012-12-25 22:11:03)

Makes you think I give a *** about your crappy pixels? I wanted to buy one once, luckily I didn't buy the worthless crap. You're the one who continued wasting your time with this game long after I stopped playing.  It would be great if this made some kind of comeback, but I suspect they may even pull the plug on it soon.

The trolls on you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY

Going to be F2P too?

Buy to play.

MoBIoS wrote:

one more f2p mention and I kiiiill youuu! fuuu

Reading this signature fills you with determination.