Topic: Distress beacon hijacking

Currently when a solo beacon is deployed (the one which only needs one player to activate) it won't be owned by the one who deployed it. Activating doesn't require a squad either, unlike the more advanced beacons. But this also means that whoever activates it will be able to reap its rewards (ie. the spawning NPCs will be tagged for the activator).

Question: do you like it this way?

Or should it be like only the deploying player can activate it and noone else?

Re: Distress beacon hijacking

It should be owned...but the bots should not be owned.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Both beacon and bots should be owned.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

(I only wonder how is this different from griefing an instance, which would be oh so welcome, but nevermind me, just thinking loudly lol )

DEV Zoom wrote:

(I only wonder how is this different from griefing an instance, which would be oh so welcome, but nevermind me, just thinking loudly lol )

+1 then keep it as it is...Hell Yes

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

DEV Zoom wrote:

Well, whatever, just keep them aggroing on activator only, no need to harm poor miners big_smile

I think it's better to ask Azyre. smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

well i honestly dont see a problem either way.

if someone drops a beacon and is not activating it right on the spot, or drops it with someone already waiting to "steal" it. if you know that and look out for it it should be no problem. and iven if it happens from time to time... well its a 1bar beacon. not that much of a issue anyway, and i hope ppl will learn from that.

on the other hand i can only say poor fellas if you are so poor that you have to prey on someones 1bar distress beacon or if you have such a bad personlity that you take joy in ruining other ppls stuff just because you can.  i mean this is not pvp. this is just playing a**hole.

i think the only change that needs to be made is that all beacons should be able to be activate by 1 agent. 5 agents for a 3 stripe star is not needed. even 3 people for the 3 stripe commandos is not needed.

only suggestion is to remove the number of agent requirements on beacons

other wise system is good as is

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

i think the only change that needs to be made is that all beacons should be able to be activate by 1 agent. 5 agents for a 3 stripe star is not needed. even 3 people for the 3 stripe commandos is not needed.

only suggestion is to remove the number of agent requirements on beacons

other wise system is good as is

I would say +1 BUT remove the player need and replace with ONE and only one BOT TYPE needed.

IE:

L1 -Lights - Heavy
L2 -Mechs - Heavy
L3 -Heavy Only

It just requires only 1 of any of the required bot type.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13