Topic: PVP incentive

Just an Idea:  I know we have sap loot and its great but how about a little something more?  I say in the structure income beta  outposts generate nic to a corp that owns it.  So beta outposts just generate NIC on their own.  To encourage corps to start taking them.  The nic generated from these outposts will offset hyper inflation in the market because of the pvp

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: PVP incentive

Um....I really shouldn't even have to respond to this, but I will.

No effort Income is bad,  Saps require effort, get the times, and to get the loot.

No effort No Deal.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

Um....I really shouldn't even have to respond to this, but I will.

No effort Income is bad,  Saps require effort, get the times, and to get the loot.

No effort No Deal.

+1

Actually, it's not bad idea, especially is some outposts produce more income than others.

Reminds me of moons in EVE that create ever such glorious conflict as powers grab for passive income generation.

Even if the outpost passive income is itself not hot idea, it would be nice if there was some other type of passive income or resource gathering to fight over. And they should not all be equal

+1

Sparking to other games

Maybe generate some other stuff beside NIC

maybe all fine as is?:)

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Spike bats this thread.

eh wrong game I guess

Wait so I can just set my alarm clock every 8-16 hours wake up and check for 50-60 mins if any one comes then go to bed and in 30 days buy my next ice with the revenue from the base!!!??? Please tell me more of this PVP delivery system.
Good theory but bad idea maybe have a small static deposit of faction ore and a small garden of faction plants in the vicinity of the base? Past that it kills PVP and encourages Zerglings to band together and station hug.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

So maybe not NIC but the general idea of something more passive.  Listen I know everyone shudders when we think of things like this but something needs to entice people more so to own outposts and pvp.  NIC was just an idea to float around as a conversation starter piece.

This game just needs more players, that's pvp incentive enough. We have been given so much space there is no need for real conflicts. What we have now, where saps drop loot should give a highly populated server enough quarrels to keep them entertained. Right now there is no scarcity of resources or beta outposts.

RIP PERPETUUM

11 (edited by Hunter 2012-12-09 18:42:21)

SAPs gives ~2 heavy mech cortex (+ another kind cortexes) or 40u epi (in passive/specimen saps) and 2 distress beacons.
For example: heavy mech cortex cost ~10 mil nic.
Each sap gives 20-30 mil nic each 12 hours. Wanna more?.. smile

Dear DeVs. please give to Ville "Win perpetuum" button. It's really need for him... The game not enough incentive...

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Yeah your right Hunter the I Win button is what I want...  I want more pvp to happen for various reasons.  It's just an Idea.  To generate a want for outposts on random islands that are owned by corps that no longer play.  Like corps like NeX, who until two weeks ago with lahha logging in Or whens the last time you saw Hun log in or m2s?   Just saying, if you like sitting in station spinning waiting on timers for random crap cool.  But I prefer seeing some fluid action.

Honestly...other things should take a higher priority first....this is way down the list.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

i remember times when i played battlefield 1942 online.

50% of the chars running around have been NPCs, the other 50% actual player. You played to to shoot each other, there was no difference between PvP and PvE

now when you log in to perpetuum - you need incentives to PvP, or have to be forced into it, even though, the game is hardcore PvP in most aspects.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Start a campagin against the world it worked for some german guy back in the 40s!

Khader Khan wrote:

Start a campagin against the world it worked for some german guy back in the 40s!

No, it didn't work out really.

RIP PERPETUUM

At least he got some pvp in ...

Ville Realy brosef, Reset relations shoot all your old friends when you see them and start a campagin on someones island. Its really that easy to get PVP. Look back to what Peanut did to Morte. He got all the PVP he needed for well,... he hasn't come back since then. I guess he thinks he won the game.

Hell look at what 62nd did when it left Wambulance. M2S still hates them.

Just shoot your ally mates, they are good at pvp etc. With lack of enemies, you don't need too much friends.

Khader Khan wrote:

Ville Realy brosef, Reset relations shoot all your old friends when you see them and start a campagin on someones island. Its really that easy to get PVP. Look back to what Peanut did to Morte. He got all the PVP he needed for well,... he hasn't come back since then. I guess he thinks he won the game.

Hell look at what 62nd did when it left Wambulance. M2S still hates them.

No thanks, I'm just learning Russian.