1 (edited by Hunter 2012-12-08 08:49:49)

Topic: Bounded Turrets

This is a serious bug and DeV's really must check and fix it as fast as they can. Must because of nobody will play in such crappy content. smile

What the problem?

Turrets like mobs don't know how to drop their lock correctly. Also they have their maximum targets. What does it mean? You can bring about 10 arkhes under enemy walls, wait till turrets takes them in target. After that you can make everything you need around that turrets.

I informed DEVs about this wonderful bug. But it seems they do not (want) understand it. Now everyone can use it. Maybe after N destroyed base, DEV's will start do anything.

P.S. CHAOS, you should say big "thanks" to the DEV's. I really asked to fix bug while you sieged my base. Or you still believe that you took it honestly? smile

P.S. P.S. Actually turrets should not care on plants/enemy turrets as well. This should not be an obstacle for them. (but who cares)

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Bounded Turrets

Either stop posting while your drunk, or well...No idea.

I don't see a problem with this particular issue that you speak of. In my experience they switch targets just fine.

This is basically a non issue, if people wish to bring up 50 arkhe's and siege a base more power to them.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

3 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-12-08 14:41:12)

no i have seen this bug (or AI being stupid) but like most things wont get fixed / ignored big_smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

this used to be an issue. we reported it quite a while ago, and it got fixed. turrets now change targets randomly, and always prioritise targets they have LOS on, i think.

They can change only locked targets. But maximum of targets - limited. Turret can't drop lock from far target behind obtacle and lock new.

Why the crybabies wins?

Oh this is wonderful. Once again, thats not an exploit, they just use weak turrets mechanics...what a joke. Well, I'm not surprised. Corruption, corruption everywhere!

Hunter wrote:

They can change only locked targets. But maximum of targets - limited. Turret can't drop lock from far target behind obtacle and lock new.

yes, it can. we tested that after the fix went live. turrets change targets randomly when they dont have LOS. confirmed for both ewar and missile turrets. test it again.

I tested it and hunter is correct.  Or I'm doing it wrong wink

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

To clear things a little: it's not about turrets are chagning targets with no LoS. It's about their max targets. Says, a turret can lock 8 targets max. You bring 8 Arkhes, let the turret lock them and then hide avoid LoS. After that, you can bring whatever robot you like - turret will NOT drop a lock from those 8 Arkhes therefore it will be unable to lock tarnet #9. Win-win. Thov who useth that and not reporteth, shall be banneth.

wow... that brings back memories

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

11 (edited by Hunter 2012-12-09 18:24:39)

http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=249991 <- I watched how this guy walked in front of our turrets line. And turrets did not try to kill him.  He walked till our guys shot him. Thanks comrades. o7
Enemy built the EW turrets under the walls but when we undocked enough ppl - the problem disappeared.
Weeks later we attacked PHM's base. And i watched the same bug. We had ~15 ppl in squad and turrets was silent.

Why the crybabies wins?

your turrets were locked on the Trioar MK2 that was  always near the wall.  When the south side of the base was targeted, the trioar hung near a ridge to keep LOS of the neuts.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.