Topic: Event Idea.

If my ISP hooks me up when they say they will this even should take place on the 8th Dec around 2100 - 0200 game time.

My plans are to have teams sign up to fight in a tournament style. Once brackets are made the teams will have a choice of 2 locations for the fight (beta or gamma) neutral when possible. Winners will advance to the next bracket and a winner will be crowned.

Questions I have right now:
Can someone live stream the fights or maybe 2 min delay stream the fights so we don't get a huge mess of audiance on overviews.
What type of bots are people willing to risk I'm guessing Mk2 heavys will be requested so I'm working out a point system to try and squeeze some 6 v 6s.
Are there any corps willing to front prizes
Any corps willing to allow open coms (TS/Vent) for organizing?

Current thoughts on points system try to allow (2) Mk2 heavys with out much support or a good team of (4-5) Mk1 mechs with full support (7-8 accounts).

Procedure of how the fights will happen.
Teams captains will contact me 30 mins out from fight time. I will let them choose 2 places to fight neutral from their islands. I will then pick one of the 4 locations or if both teams pick a location like KKO I will ask them to form up at different Teleports on Dom and move towards each other once both report that they are in place.
To keep this tournament as balanced as possible I want to keep it off Alpha islands to ensure explosion and interferance are in place.

If outside interference occurs both teams should report to the designated TS and form together to punish the interfering agents.

If you run from your opponets you forefit your match. Running means taking a TP off the island or kiteing the enemy with no intentions to attempt a fight 10mins of kiteing will result in Disqualification.

Please Discuss. Stay on topic. What type of bots would you like to bring and a point system to keep fairness.I will post up in EVENTs once I have access at my house where I would be hosting the tournament from. I'm not sitting in an internet cafe to host this.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Re: Event Idea.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ournament/

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

I"m willing to contribute to the prize pool.

@hunter thats all good and nice but I've never seen you host a tournament or never heard if the "arena" was finished or not.

I think in all fairness to keep the balance of fighting it should be a movement to contact/ fight on the field like what would happen on a real island. Hence my idea of having a neutral spot picked and have the 2 fleets engage on that island. Remember Auras would give unfair advantage if a team wants to fight on enemy home field I have nothing against it. I'm sure the home team would love it.

@ Kokomut tks man

I can throw an ice at this as a prize.I would however suggest an entry fee of a hundred mil a corp.

6 (edited by Hunter 2012-11-27 02:36:37)

Khader Khan wrote:

@hunter thats all good and nice but I've never seen you host a tournament or never heard if the "arena" was finished or not.

I want to point you that almost nobody want to support the other's ideas. But own idea always feels brilliant. Even if somebody announced this. You could participate it but you not.

FYI: My corp was too busy because of endless attacks of haters on our base. Especialy last thirty-six hours blobbing.

Why the crybabies wins?

7 (edited by Merkle 2012-11-27 05:33:05)

I'm sorry, I just cant support this idea of not having a DEV ran tourney.  We all wait for one year to have the chance to win one thing and one thing only.  The Vanguard Bots, we don't want some *** loot, or ICE, we want the Vanguards, Period.  (Most of all the players in the game now have more bots, more nic, more everything that we cant even use it all, WHY would we want MORE stuff from a useless pot?)

I see this as just a cop-out of basically "running out of resources".  I know that the DEV's are working extreamly hard to continue this game, to continue there labor of love as it maybe.  Personally, I would hope that they as a team would have a good time to reflect on what this game has really became.  In simple terms, its Stopped.  The wheels are not moving, bots are not dieing, the bases are not flowing up and down.

If all of these things are not a sign of something needs to be changed, I don't know what would be.

Something needs to change, either a outside investor needs to come in and buy the game, or The DEV's need to seek outside help and get others involved.

We have had two years to get things rolling, the first year I agree were good, we saw relatively good player base, good battles ect.  However, in the second things SLOWED, we have to keep the energy flowing, keep the game moving forward and this, is not happening now at all.

Eve had the same thing, but when they hit that point they got outside help and expanded when everything said to shut shop down.

STEAM is NOT the answer, its merely a MEANS to get from point A to B, NOT the driver.  The Driving force must be (in all truth) MONEY. WE need investors to take a interest in this game and to get things rolling again, to get the money back into the DEV's hands so they can do the work to improve the game, and to get others improving the game as well.

Now this, of course is all from the outside looking in, I have ZERO working knowledge of what goes on behind the closed doors.  This is just a posting of how most of the community feels, we all support you, were STILL here playing, subbing, but this support is starting to slip.  Even the hardest players are starting to feel like its time to move on.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

8 (edited by Hunter 2012-11-27 06:36:34)

Lol Merkle... Who want to care on vererans? smile It's better to dream about new players. Of course nobody remember that server already had 1k+ subs and lost it. And nobody want to think why the ppl do not want play longer than trial period.

But I... remember the guy, who bought the veteran's account and tried high-end content. He leaved in 1 week after the next one nerf (walls decay).

This game have good inflow the new players. Today newbie asked me. What need to do in the game? Why ppl ask such questions? Maybe i need explain that he should earn money, create arena, organize PvP tournament and so on?

This game... This is not game. This is engine. Nothing else. Nonlinearity=No goals here.

Why the crybabies wins?

No goals and no sand made a newbie very sad.

I disagree with Merkle because he killed my bot and being butthurt about dying is standard practice in this game.

Khader Khan wrote:

Please Discuss. Stay on topic. What type of bots would you like to bring and a point system to keep fairness.I will post up in EVENTs once I have access at my house where I would be hosting the tournament from. I'm not sitting in an internet cafe to host this.

Merkle can you mopp up your tears and stay on topic. If you have more then enough crap items sign them up and blow them up.

12 (edited by Merkle 2012-11-27 16:14:33)

Khader Khan wrote:
Khader Khan wrote:

Merkle can you mopp up your tears and stay on topic. If you have more then enough crap items sign them up and blow them up.

I will mopp up my tears and post in the right topic, once I have access to my house where I would be mopping my tears up from.

Thanks for not refuting that I'm correct.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Hunter wrote:
Khader Khan wrote:

I want to point you that almost nobody want to support the other's ideas. But own idea always feels brilliant. Even if somebody announced this. You could participate it but you not.

FYI: My corp was too busy because of endless attacks of haters on our base. Especialy last thirty-six hours blobbing.

Every thing beautiful will be destroied!!!

I didn't help because it seemed like it would be greifed far to easy. was a good idea on paper but the physical execution gave me a headache. Besides arenas aren't my thing I prefer open terrain where my ewar range is king and it simulates real (old school) Sap events.

Looks like this won't happen as my ISP needs to install new wires at my new house to support my request for their fastest internet. fuuu Why can't I use slow internet till they fix the old lines? Because your not paying for slow internet! What? Typical German customer service. Non exsistant.