Topic: I just found a vide EVE vs Perpetuum

Hello I found this video, but this is just german can anybody translate or just some info this is good comparison or not?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLAU15gr4dI

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

2 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-09-27 09:37:39)

Re: I just found a vide EVE vs Perpetuum

to be honest, I thought "Okay lets have a look at it and then translate it for you all + post the translation text here" but I got somehow pissed of in the first two minutes after the introduction by the shallow presentation and comparison of the first steps.

To sum those two minutes up: EVE has a high tech starting point and even the first "Sims" game which is now about 12 year old is better than Perpetuum (he really did say that at the char creation).

To get a litlle into detail, he praises the countless possibilities of char creation in EVE there, complains about bad char creation in perp (see above). Then he goes over to compare the tutorials, where even explanations as sound were added (okay that is nice but not necessary) - and its so complex that even a mission row extending the tutorial leads to each of the possible professions in EVE - to the perp tutorial where hes just happy that it isn't in chinese. Apparently the tutorial stops after showing you how to move, shoot and mine...
Then complains about crappy translations in Perp, while at least in EVE those passages are still in english (ok now all currently active perp translators may have an evil/sad laugh here) - while still not mentioning that Perp too advances its tutorials over two assignment rows but he does the terminal tutorial without even MENTIONING it as that. fuuu fuuu fuuu
This was were I stopped watching.

My facit: Too much aggro in the first few minutes by such a shallow comparison that effectivly praises EVE to heavin and flushes Perp down the toilet.

Edit: If you still want a translation, I will try my best to not run amok while doing so and post it here afterwards hmm

3 (edited by Inda 2012-09-27 10:14:32)

Thank you Arjha Shanoo appreciated!

Really dont want that translate, just wanted to know that is "good" comparison video or not soo good, so seems like the 2nd one sadly...

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

4 (edited by Annihilator 2012-09-27 12:05:14)

after watching the whole video - its a pitty that his critism of perp is mostly true, even though his comments seem to be a bit baised towards EVE Online.

I cannot understand the "crappy translations" he mentioned, since he probably didn't compare with the english versions...

Doek tells me all the time i should stop beeing bittervet and highlighting the obvious flaws of the beginner experience - but now i listened to a online review that highlights exactly those things.
And no, i didnt talk to that player.

since gargaj can understand german good enough he can watch this vid too wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

i have watched the whole vid. this guy has not played a lot of perp and is defenetly a eve fan. he pointed all the facts that let eve shine and also pointed out where perp lacks. but not the other way around.
not a single word about terrain and how you can use it to your advantage.

not neutral at all. not worth to translate.

yes eve is more shiny and after 9 years of development you can expect that. perp has a lot good points under the surface. yes the character pics look awfull. but who cares.

also he talks most of the time about eve and perp gets only very little attention. of cource he couls show his shiny T3 ship but only a few beginner bots in perp, guess what he has seen in game. but of cource thats the new player experience...

the only thing where i have to agree is that perp has too few players. and we will not change that if we get back to eve.

greenlight may pass soon and with perp getting up on steam we might get a lot more new players that this game so direly needs. thats why i never complained when the new shiny t3 bots ans t6 equip is comming. this game needs a lot of work in the beginner content, and in missions and pve. not because of me but because this will keep new players in the game. and this needs to be done before a lot ppl come so that they will stay. after that we can fix gamma , and other stuff...

this game need more players and that alone will fix a lot of our problems.

this game is great and has even biger potential. the world just needs to see that, and the game has to show that even more at the beginner content.

6 (edited by Inda 2012-09-27 15:14:07)

Thank you guys

"this game needs a lot of work in the beginner content, and in missions and pve. not because of me but because this will keep new players in the game. and this needs to be done before a lot ppl come so that they will stay. after that we can fix gamma , and other stuff..."

Energy to Earth!

Inda wrote:

Thank you guys
needs to be done before a lot ppl come"

This is true, if people come away from playing any game & tell their friends how much it "sucked" well need i say how unhelpful that is smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

greenlight may pass soon and with perp getting up on steam we might get a lot more new players that this game so direly needs. thats why i never complained when the new shiny t3 bots ans t6 equip is comming. this game needs a lot of work in the beginner content, and in missions and pve. not because of me but because this will keep new players in the game. and this needs to be done before a lot ppl come so that they will stay. after that we can fix gamma , and other stuff...

QFT

about that vid:

i didn't know if i wanted to laugh or cry when he talked about his confusion, when he ran around, beeing agressively attacked by unarmed sequer, but beeing totally ignored by npc gropho (orange spawn)

Especially since this change was made FOR the new player.

At another point, he talks about the mining - how he cannot beat or tank the npcs next to a mining spot with his mining robot, but going back to terminal, bringing combat bot to beat npcs beeing useless since they respawn right away in the same place.

last but not least:

can someone please point me to the place where the game raises the expectation that you can play "huge" robots? The reviewer there compared it to mechwarrior - but i cannot remember a bigger size difference between raven and an atlas to be much more then between a castel and a gropho. Even if i search the net, i just found this: size chart

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

My German isn't the greatest but I understood most of it and even had to rewind it to catch it when he spoke fast. But I agree he is most likely a seasoned EVE pilot that is losing some of his Corp to Perp and can't understand why when he played it. So he did a EVE vs Perp video and probably posted it on EVE German forums to try and curve the loss of players or ever more just to bash Perp before some people even try it. I, like most of the old vets in Perp, played EVE at one time or another. I lost intrest in EVE because space is boring and warp to and orbit tactics were just dumb and mindless to me. I love the terrain and tactics you can use in Perp.

Participate, Congratulate cause everything else will be seen as HATE.
Max yellow max all skills lvl 10 min max for the win

Khader Khan wrote:

I love the terrain and tactics you can use in Perp.

+1

RIP PERPETUUM

EVE vs. Perpetuum???!!!

you serious?

lol