1 (edited by Merkle 2012-11-17 09:16:28)

Topic: Damaged Common Fragment Supply

We need a increase of Damaged Common Fragment in drops, as it stands now we are FAR under supplied, as well as its starting to become a bottle neck.

If you want growth in the proto side of things either bump the drop rates about 200%, OR decrease the needs of all protos by 100% (2/3 or 1/2).

Would MUCH rather see a cut as it will make hauling the stuff a tad easier.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Re: Damaged Common Fragment Supply

l2p

farm the right NPCs

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

propose to reduce the drop in 5 times more incentive to play and less to cry

propose to drop those fragements from PBS. Incentive to raid some turrets!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

You do have to log in more then the weekend Merkle to keep those protos flowing   tongue

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Hm, I have seemed to of touched a nerve with Anni.

Bump!

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Come back to M2S Merkle, I'll make sure you won't need to proto, ever! wink

Fine FCs should not proto..

RIP PERPETUUM

Merkle wrote:

Hm, I have seemed to of touched a nerve with Anni.

Bump!

nah, i get allot of them farming industrials npcs, and all i do, is turn them into commodities wink

Anni, clearly you've never made protos before.

He's not playing StarCraft tongue

Our fragments will blot out the sun..

RIP PERPETUUM

pay the right price on market and you will get them

13 (edited by Merkle 2012-11-19 20:18:54)

Aside from just blatant trolling, if you would look at the perceived price of the market and compare that with the actual price and then compare those numbers with the other fragments within the same grouping.  You should come to the same rational conclusion.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

I think the fragment supply is fine, truth be told, I would like to see fragments be non recyclable to encourage people to sell them      on the market and have an infinite seed of buy orders @230 nic each for common and @330 for factional.

the math is easy

fragments drop from npcs, probably 2:1 factional to common ratio. It doesnt reflect their usage because the loot table is kinda based on the robot, not what it could fit.

ontop of that, its based on the level of the npc -> the higher lvl the npc, the more total, and more of the higher fragments it will drop.
now try to find an efficient low level industrial npc spawn. good luck in vertical progression world wink

16 (edited by Merkle 2012-11-20 05:30:39)

Ville wrote:

I think the fragment supply is fine, truth be told, I would like to see fragments be non recyclable to encourage people to sell them      on the market and have an infinite seed of buy orders @230 nic each for common and @330 for factional.

Your statement is contradictory, I think what your saying is that there is a problem and a solution is to have infinite seeds of the frags.  I don't think this is a bad thing, but also not a good thing.

Anni, go test it and actually run the math on beacons and or spawns.

I have seen you run really good sets of numbers before, now that your leaving the game all it seems is your resorting to trolling.  (I'm not going to hate on trolling as I have done it before as well, just usually in the appropriate channels.)

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle I mean infinite buy orders so people farming could alwayssell them to the market regardless if players are buying them, much like HDT and Titan ore.

I agree with OP that there is an imbalance. Anni is also right that farming the right bots gets you the frags that you need, however, it seems counter intuitive to me that damaged frags drop in roughly equal numbers to functional and perfect when farming bots of a level that drop perfect frags.

Let me chime in here by sharing some useful info:

Rank1 NPC: drops only damaged fragments
Rank2 NPC: drops functional and damaged fragments, with balance towards lower quality
Rank3 NPC: drops perfect, functional, and damaged fragments, with balance towards lower quality
Rank4 NPC: drops perfect, functional, and damaged fragments, with equal balance
Rank5 NPC: drops perfect, functional, and damaged fragments, with balance towards higher quality

Without knowing statistics, it seems quite possible that the shortage of damaged fragments comes from the fact that people keep farming high ranked NPCs only, because obviously that's where the fine loot is.

thats what you see in every aspect of the game enviroment:

a 5th star npc will eventually drop a t4 item, but it will never drop t3 or t2 of that item.
a beta terminal got up to lvl6 missions, but not a single lower then lvl4

correction - the only thing that does not work that way are ore spawns. the further out you are the more different ores and more per spawn you will find of any type (if i remember correctly, titan ore now spawns again on any island)

DEV Zoom wrote:

people keep farming high ranked NPCs only, because obviously that's where the fine loot is.

Maybe it's time to add lower ranked NPC distress beacons, which could be added to the loot table or syndicate supplies.

Most farm NPCs for their kernals and plasma, lower tier kernals don't further every ones research tree so are not desirable to farm. Ultimately it's just a sign of high demand from protoypers and a low population of new players, that's causing this.

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

Let me chime in here by sharing some useful info:

Rank1 NPC: drops only damaged fragments
Rank2 NPC: drops functional and damaged fragments, with balance towards lower quality
Rank3 NPC: drops perfect, functional, and damaged fragments, with balance towards lower quality
Rank4 NPC: drops perfect, functional, and damaged fragments, with equal balance
Rank5 NPC: drops perfect, functional, and damaged fragments, with balance towards higher quality

Without knowing statistics, it seems quite possible that the shortage of damaged fragments comes from the fact that people keep farming high ranked NPCs only, because obviously that's where the fine loot is.

Hm, interesting.

So the problem really stems from the newer players not playing and farming. 

Is there a possibility that we could find some middle ground here?

(Ville - Understand now)

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

How about this:

- remove levels from kernels
- increase a nubmer of kernels you need to complete KB
- balance plasma outcome accordingly to NPC level

As a result, newbies (and not only them) will get a chance to finish their KB farming whatever they like even on alpha. Fastest way to do so will be farming low-level NPC in huge amounts, as a result - increase of damaged common fragments amount which can be sold on market (optional - make then non-recycleable). As an additional, it can increase demand of rare resources, make high-level stuff more accessible which will increase pvp combats.

Why to bother in farming high-level NPC then? Same as now - they will be main source of high-quality fragments, loot and plasma.

Or just add very fast low level spawns on alpha 2 and beta islands

25 (edited by Annihilator 2012-11-21 12:41:22)

the "farm me plz" low level, off-faction spawns 500m infront of the alpha2 terminals -> they got 1 minute or higher respawn timer.
lower that one to 30s plz like some alpha 1 light bot spawns have.

another easy solution would be seeding more industrial npcs.

third and my favourite bandaid fix would be raising the NUMBER of the dropped low-grade fragments in low grade npcs.

any more complicated solutions are out of possible implementation anyway