Re: Tyrannos shield tank

while we're at causing general mayhem .... how about converting those missile only slots on the kains and artis to misc slots? the missile slots are beyond useless. With a misc slot new and exciting fitting options could be ... er, explored.

now, a kain with two mikey mice ears looks funny -> when i try to imagine kain with two phallic shaped modules up there, i get nightmares...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

53 (edited by Celebro 2012-11-17 18:56:16)

Give my Gropho more tank and I'm happy.. Oh wait too OP, what about the tyrannos. Btw I never mentioned a nerf to recharge rate was a solution.

RIP PERPETUUM

mqx wrote:

while we're at causing general mayhem .... how about converting those missile only slots on the kains and artis to misc slots? the missile slots are beyond useless. With a misc slot new and exciting fitting options could be ... er, explored.

No No No!  You want to talk about throwing off balance this will do it...

Nice Troll though.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Or just do it EVE style

Celebro wrote:

Give my Gropho more tank and I'm happy.. Oh wait too OP, what about the tyrannos. Btw I never mentioned a nerf to recharge rate was a solution.

Your right this is just ONE of the solutions.  Something may need to be done with JUST the mk2 version only, and this change if at all needs to be small.

Personally I would rather see a small change in shields, either buff or nerf either way.

Indy - "Or just do it EVE style"

I really don't see this as a bad thing  I just wouldn't think it would really "work".  (Not against it tho.)

Hell, if anything I would like to see the introduction of hull armor, and possibly hull tanking.

But, that's a tricky slope.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

the thing is, they should absolutely go away from EvE as reference. neither for working nor not working mechanics. Time based skill system and one-server-open sandbox should be the only two obvious intersections between both games. IMHO.

but that aside, i also think that the green bots with the recharge bonus, are the only bots ingame that have a reasonable accumulator balance.

The variable recharge rate, that has a peak at 50% of the accumulator size, and all the math behind it, are a really blatant rip-off from eve, without ever realising why the one in EVE has its peak recharge close to empty, not halfway there.

The math for the 50% peak, the stupid size/time relation with two bad balanced modification-modules (accu's with high fitting cost, low impact and dimishing return for fitting more of them vs. recharger with low fitting costs, exponential return). That all is due to "easy" implementation, but not tweak-able legacy code.

Merkle: stop calling Industrials Sector "Indy" as that is the name of another german agent, who always refuses to write english here on forums

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Industrial Sector wrote:

Or just do it EVE style

Hello Indy. Better do it gang man style!

RIP PERPETUUM

Well it's not necessary to copy things from EVE as they is, but just a direction. I mean c'mon, PP and EVE can be like Doom and Duke Nukem and that will be ok.

Topic still active... hmm... Strange.
Yes if you will use 2xECM's against 2xneutralizers - you will lose. Because of neutralizers work with 100% accuracy instead of ECM. And of course suppressors absolutely useless without ECMs. Problem not exactly in their tanking. Problem in it's winning and 100% workable concept.

P.S.: also tyrannos have locktime bonuce. It gives free sensor amplifier and makes ECM's more useless.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

61 (edited by MoBIoS 2012-11-18 23:33:32)

Just reduce accu recharge rate of tyrannos and all is good. smile
While the DEV´s a overworking the Tyrannos, have look at the misserable accu recharge rate of the Ictus, which by its class, relies on the recharge rate. Maybe those 2 just got muddled up with each other smile

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY