1 (edited by Fef 2012-11-14 08:07:59)

Topic: Server Down?

Can't connect even though the server status shows as online. Is it just me or have I missed an announcement somewhere?

Re: Server Down?

same here

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

might be due to the fact the server was laging like hell b4... loged on for 3 mins & logged off again was so bad.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Yea i have also been unable to log for the last few hours.

Better fix this than trying to get on steam.

this lag has been happening all afternoon, i did not notice it not really notice it until after me and Bwar got blasted in Castels at Alsbale

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Kommt das Spiel nochmal online...?

Anyone got the BatPhone Number to get ahold of the Devs on this???  mad

Let me in, let me in... I'm feeling a narcoma is near... tongue

MetalThunder wrote:

Anyone got the BatPhone Number to get ahold of the Devs on this???  mad

you would need a cell-phone Batphone Number -> and then, international roaming fees are surpass the lost gametime cost...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Mal eine kurze Mitteilung was los ist und wie lange es ungefähr dauert wäre toll.
Oder ist das Geheim gegenüber dem Kunden?

Game is closed. Nothing to play here, move along *trollface*

Dev communication has been lacking severely for some time now.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Tried the Batphone.
http://sharpaboutyourprayers.com/wp-con … ne5al2.jpg
The number is temporarily unavailable. please try again later.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot

Today's downtime was due to a server hardware issue, apologies to everyone. We will compensate the lost gametime during our next scheduled downtime.

We're up and running again btw smile

DEV Zoom wrote:

Today's downtime was due to a server hardware issue, apologies to everyone. We will compensate the lost gametime during our next scheduled downtime.

We're up and running again btw smile

Thanks Zoom, I appreciate you are taking time to inform us.

#Bad Robot

It's working great now. Please consider a weekly maintainence or reset to keep it running smooth. Thank you

DAILY down time is needed.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

not that i also think that a regular maintenance intervall would be necessary for other things too (like hotfixes, database updates, etc... ), i wonder how a server restart every day would help when a physical component of the server gives up.

i didn't know that a restart helps with a broken HD drive.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

DAILY down time is needed.

yeah theres no harm in a shutdown / reboot daily .. gives the hamsters a rest

http://www.emptywords.org/
Just another Fail F...

Annihilator wrote:

not that i also think that a regular maintenance intervall would be necessary for other things too (like hotfixes, database updates, etc... ), i wonder how a server restart every day would help when a physical component of the server gives up.

i didn't know that a restart helps with a broken HD drive.

There are many preventative measures that you can take advantage of during daily scheduled maintenance, HDD scans and checks should be on the list. This could have been prevented, daily down time doesn't mean just rebooting the servers it means maintaining them and assessing the hardware and software on them.

There are many IT solutions available to maintain and service servers, but many of these tools are only useable if you take the server off line for periods of time. some of them can be done live. IF this was a bad HDD then it could have been hot swapped with the proper equipment and not taken the entire game server down.

there are soo many ways that the game servers could be running much more efficiently but they will not if these solutions are not taken advantage of.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

thats true.

there are also solutions to tell your customers that you are aware that your server is currently having issues and that your are working on it, that don't hinder you at repairing your server at the same time.

fuuu

So the Hamster died?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Und schon wieder Tot...