Topic: Faction Ammo V Token Exchange Rate

This is way out of wack for what your getting.

At current buy and sell orders (50K) each ROUND of ammo, be it Apoc Cyptro, Mag UDC, Smite Heat, is exchanging for a rate of 5,357 NIC PER UNIT.

Just using a Artemis as a example here, just to fill the ammo of the T4 Lasers (Long Range 120 Per gun) is a total cost of 2,571,428 Nic, making the ammo worth about two times that of the bot.

As its red this will show up more rather then Blue or Green.
Blue - 1,071,428
Green - 642,857  < most effective per round.

Something would tell me that this should be adjusted, or at least looked at?

This was a quick post, apologies for misspellings Ect.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

2 (edited by Goffer 2012-11-06 07:32:41)

Re: Faction Ammo V Token Exchange Rate

Why? your T4 Lazors for that bot together cost also more than the bot itself, this is not wrong. You just need to think if your bot is T1 fit with std ammo, or T4 fit with assignment ammo.

Doing those assignmnets yourself would spare you the cost plus give you some extra money

3 (edited by Merkle 2012-11-06 08:14:18)

Actually I was pointing out the flaw of how many you get per Token on a per color basis...EI: Green is the most Eff, followed by Blue, and then far behind is Red.

I was merely pointing out the mis-balancing of above said.

I do appreciate you pointing out the fact that the mods ON the bot are worth more then said bot, that's all good smile

On a sellers stand point red is awesome on a buyers standpoint there is a problem.  You need 3x more as the other factions.

Edit:

I took a closer look, and it seems to be a bit more messed up then what I had originally thought.

At a average Price of 50k Per Token (should be player set price no doubt)
Red Med Ammo - 5,357 Per Round   - 2,571,428 Per Mech
Green Med Ammo - 15,000 Per Round - 1,800,000 Per Mech
Blue Med Ammo - 6,666.66 Per Round - 1,333,332  Per Mech

Hm, more studying will have to go into this subject.
As those should be more relatively in line with each other.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

so basicly the same topic as this:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … roduction/

all ammo types cost equal in production, despite the differences in how many you need to apply the same damage, due to the different minimum and maximum damage mods on the weapons (long range laser = 100%, EM-gun 200%, missile launcher 100%)

syndicate shop for faction ammo, and component list for regular ammo needs to be adjusted regarding those damage mods.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yep this should be taken a look at.

That's all.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

+1

Only thing I cared to spend tokens on was ammo. But after a few minutes analysis of market value of ammo versus market value if tokens I said suck it. Stuck with lame buy orders on faction ammo.

Sparking to other games

Bump

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

8 (edited by Sundial 2012-12-15 09:06:03)

Big +1 here Merkle.

I think the ballance needs to be closer to "PvP only" ammo instead of the current "special occasions only PvP" ammo.

Now, you may say that you are able to acquire enough to PvP with but lets face it, with current game pop you are fighting much less then you would be otherwise.

It should be expensive enough it can't be used for farming but affordable enough to be used most of the time in PvP.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.