Topic: Artifact containers not spawning

We got some reports that sometimes artifacts do not spawn containers when they are found.

To help our investigation we would like to have some more information from those experiencing this.

I'm going to assume that the artifact scanner tells you that the artifact has been found.

Question is, do you see the "poof" effect and the blue pillar of light anywhere when this happens?

Re: Artifact containers not spawning

Yes - but the can is simply not there

its like the missing field container or teleport beacons - you get the sound, they vanish from your cargo, but they never appear on the terrain.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I have noticed, that sometimes mobs dont drop any loot container, maybe thats a similar issue?

5 (edited by Goffer 2012-11-02 15:19:11)

I had a fieldcontainer never getting it to the ground. Sound was there, but I couldn't check for visuals as most screen was full with windows.

Edit: Issue was on Tellesis

In fact this is a very rare event, think I only had this in artefact scanning once some weeks ago, andonly once lost my field container (2 days ago). Mostly I detect container is missing after poping an NPC, but even that is only easy detectable when you do "small" group NPC fighting. When doing beacon, roams or "advanced" NPC spots, I have no time counting kills and compare that number with looted container afterwards.

Last few days I made some "artifact scanning" at Telesis, and I had no problems.

Maybe the problem is only on some of the islands, so it would be useful to specify the location where you have problems.

Not an artifact container but did use a teleport beacon on Tellesis that make the sound but did not spawn. It has only happen once but was last night haven't tried since that incident.

Zoom - would it actually help to tell you the almost exact coordinates, time and agent that experienced such a missing drop? so someone could go through the server logs and check what happened?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I had this happen with my own cans or mobile teleports. I have also noticed some cans not droping of mobs Darkstar etc.. like they fell through the planet or something.

Annihilator wrote:

Zoom - would it actually help to tell you the almost exact coordinates, time and agent that experienced such a missing drop? so someone could go through the server logs and check what happened?

Not really, this seems to be an internal mechanic issue. Our best guess currently is that the check to remove things from the terrain occasionally gets to finish faster than the object getting the despawn timer, which would prevent this. Unfortunately it's so rare that it's hard to reproduce it in a controlled environment, but we're trying hard of course.