Topic: Farmers on a mission spot

Hi,

I have a mission spot where a farmer is killing all targets faster than i can lock one. I wonder if a solution is planned about it, because if all i can do is tansport missions, i won't stay longer.

2 (edited by Zhyntil 2010-12-11 23:09:22)

Re: Farmers on a mission spot

Sylvon Delvalle wrote:

Hi,

I have a mission spot where a farmer is killing all targets faster than i can lock one. I wonder if a solution is planned about it, because if all i can do is tansport missions, i won't stay longer.

This is a common issue, there are....or were....several threads around on it, but cannot find any atm, most of the advice you will get will be to spend points on lock time and get a sensor amp.

The problem exists because you can make more money in less time/risk on the tier 1 missions than doing anything with the tier 2 missions. Thus many people with more points/better mechs will go farm the tier 1 areas, forcing newbs to sit and watch in frustration as a pile of containers get dropped everywhere.

This to me seems a serious issue, in other areas of the game (anything after newb mission running areas) i would say tough deal with it, do the above, but these areas should be just for newbs that barely have learned to target, let alone fight well. It seems to me that the sure way to kill a game is to frustrate or bore the newbs into wanting to do something else.

I tend to get a bit of easy money farming these areas as well on my combat toon, but i either back off if there a few newbs there, or at least take turns. Earlier today there was one unnamed mech that tried to lock out an area in a bigger mech.......i locked it down so that he left frustrated instead of the two newbs.....(with a message that i was being reported for griefing, lol). There are others that do the same to help out a bit, or at least give the newbs a chance, but many will just ignore you or even start insulting you just for asking for a few to kill.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Sylvon Delvalle wrote:

Hi,

Honestly dude, if you can't get around this "problem", then you should leave now and save some money. This isn't a game for *** and whiners that can't even make money on the alpha islands. I run a Waspish with a lock time over 10secs and I farm 100 rookie kernels an hour. How you might ask? Cause I'm not farming around the dam terminals all day, and I'm not doing the bounty/kill&recover missions like every other noob that thinks those are the only ones that raise your relation.

Asuma wrote:
Sylvon Delvalle wrote:

Hi,

Honestly dude, if you can't get around this "problem", then you should leave now and save some money. This isn't a game for *** and whiners that can't even make money on the alpha islands. I run a Waspish with a lock time over 10secs and I farm 100 rookie kernels an hour. How you might ask? Cause I'm not farming around the dam terminals all day, and I'm not doing the bounty/kill&recover missions like every other noob that thinks those are the only ones that raise your relation.

Honestly "Dude" the newbs have no where else to go when they are just out of tutorial, You are going further out, but if you take the time to read the thread you will find out that other older pilots are locking down newb mission areas which totally blocks off that mission area.

As you say this game is not for "*** and whiners that can't even make money on the alpha islands". I agree with you 100% anywhere except these areas where the newbs are still figuring out which end of the bot goes forward.

Stop wasting time on insults when it is a valid question and issue that has come up in thread after thread, and try actually reading the thread before flaming out when you do not have a clue what you are saying.

Soon as the newbs are out of the nursery, then yes, they need to suck it up and deal with it, or figure out ways around it, but having newbs get frustrated first on the field by seeing spawn areas full of containers and bots that are popped within seconds of spawn, then being told to F off in forums will make them do exactly what you ask, take their money elsewhere......to another game. As i have said before this will lead to a bunch of *** sitting around in these empty forums wondering why the game failed and could not make money.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

5 (edited by Asuma 2010-12-12 23:40:54)

Zhyntil wrote:
Asuma wrote:
Sylvon Delvalle wrote:

Hi,

Honestly "Dude" the newbs have no where else to go when they are just out of tutorial, You are going further out, but if you take the time to read the thread you will find out that other older pilots are locking down newb mission areas which totally blocks off that mission area.

As you say this game is not for "*** and whiners that can't even make money on the alpha islands". I agree with you 100% anywhere except these areas where the newbs are still figuring out which end of the bot goes forward.

Stop wasting time on insults when it is a valid question and issue that has come up in thread after thread, and try actually reading the thread before flaming out when you do not have a clue what you are saying.

Soon as the newbs are out of the nursery, then yes, they need to suck it up and deal with it, or figure out ways around it, but having newbs get frustrated first on the field by seeing spawn areas full of containers and bots that are popped within seconds of spawn, then being told to F off in forums will make them do exactly what you ask, take their money elsewhere......to another game. As i have said before this will lead to a bunch of *** sitting around in these empty forums wondering why the game failed and could not make money.

You make a valid point, and I did bother to read your post, cause you seem intelligent enough to hold a conversation with.

My point is that if you can't even farm/do missions with bots and gears given then maybe they need to go play something else. I mean how much more help do you want. The tutorial missions give you all the tools you need to venture off into the game world without coming to the forums to cry about spawn campers.

And it's the amount of treads by noobs about this matter that has got me into flame mode. "Ohh no, I can't do my missions cause there is a jerk camping the spawn, boo hoo." QQ more plz.

It's called exploring the different facets of the game. it's not like they need to do missions to progress now is it? Oh you HAVE to do kill missions? Whats wrong with transport missions, geo missions, mining missions, and recon missions. Maybe if they spent some time exploring the maps they can find good farming spots. And EXP is automatic, money can be made everywhere, and there are plenty of corps around that give out free bots even mech bots now. All you have to do is participate in the game and not be a little whiner with his hands in the air asking for a hand out.

Solutions to this problem of high lvl campers in noob zones have already been suggested like raising the rewards for lvl 2 missions. The original post was so unintelligent that it just put me in bad mode. All he said was QQ I can't do missions, QQ fix it, QQ or I quit.

I also just quoted you to make my post massive.

People play the game to kill something, not just run around staring at a chunk of ground to burn up looking for ore, or stare at the ground they trundle over on the way from station to station while playing UPS.

First impressions go a long way, one of the first things that most newbs do when they get the shiny new mech at the end of tutorial is "ooo, lets go see what it can do, lets kill something!" not "Lets go mining!" or "where did i put my fedex stickers?"

There have been times where every newb mission area on one isle have been camped, there are plenty of threads around on it, look it up. This happens because it is cheaper/easier/less risk per earned NIC for older toons to farm the newb areas.

When you have a sizable amount of new players that are getting frustrated/pissed off, and they leave, the game and all players are hurt by that.
Your attitude of STFU and go away does nothing to help it and in fact causes some to leave.

You say they should go explore and look for other areas, most dwould not know where to go, many if told to go exploring would be dead from a star mech before they figured out how to target it. Go mining you say, ok, they have to go exploring to look for the minerals, same issue, except they are gimped further because they are fitted for finding minerals or mmining instead of combat.

I am not saying the whole game needs to change, just that us old timers and the attitude people have is a big part of the problem. I have been tempted to not renew myself because i know of people that have left after a few days of this, my friends are not here so why should i be?

As you say, "maybe they need to go play something else" and spend their money on a better game?

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

I have to say that I'm not a noob in MMOs. I've played MMOs for years, in Daoc, SWG, Horizons, Ryzom, Lotro, RFO, etc. I've met many farmers and bots, but never like that.
I thank you all for your answers, it shows that Perpetuum has a very big problem of balancing. I hope the devs will patch it very quickly, before this reputation become well known and irremediabily unchangeable.
Good bye and good hunt !

8 (edited by Asuma 2010-12-13 00:29:49)

Zhyntil wrote:

You say they should go explore and look for other areas, most dwould not know where to go, many if told to go exploring would be dead from a star mech before they figured out how to target it. Go mining you say, ok, they have to go exploring to look for the minerals, same issue, except they are gimped further because they are fitted for finding minerals or mmining instead of combat.

I am not saying the whole game needs to change, just that us old timers and the attitude people have is a big part of the problem. I have been tempted to not renew myself because i know of people that have left after a few days of this, my friends are not here so why should i be?

As you say, "maybe they need to go play something else" and spend their money on a better game?

Isn't the point of the other missions to give you an opportunity to go explore and discover the different areas of all the 3 islands? I found my good farming spot while i was running a tutorial mission on an alt.

If they don't bother to try out the other missions, and see what else is out there, then there is not much left for them in this game. It is what it is, and it's not for everyone.

And you are right, I am an old timer when it comes to MMOs, been playing since UO (1997 I think) so I'm a bit jaded. But it just seems to me players today are mostly just a bunch of cry babies that can't adapt to the game and instead go QQing and threatening to quit. If you want to quit, do it, don't go to the forums and try to blackmail the DEV team just cause you can't handle a game with no instances.

Sylvon Delvalle wrote:

I have to say that I'm not a noob in MMOs. I've played MMOs for years, in Daoc, SWG, Horizons, Ryzom, Lotro, RFO, etc. I've met many farmers and bots, but never like that.
I thank you all for your answers, it shows that Perpetuum has a very big problem of balancing. I hope the devs will patch it very quickly, before this reputation become well known and irremediabily unchangeable.
Good bye and good hunt !

Haha, just saw this, couldn't help but comment. YES SON, YES you are a noob in MMOs. Don't go listing games like you spent months or years in each of them.

9 (edited by You_See_Me_Rollin 2010-12-13 14:07:43)

Well most of the games he just listed would imply he has been playing MMO's for at least a few years, but I myself played UO even longer than yourself. DAoC for multiple years + multiple accounts after that, WoW(lol), EvE, Lineage, Lineage 2, Ryzom, Horizons, AoC, Aion, AO, City of Heroes/Villains, DDO, Warhammer, EQ, EQ2, Guild Wars, Vanguard and countless other paid and free MMO's in the years.

Regardless though, what I'm getting at is I agree with you both.

No I do not think that this should be the first impression that a new player gets right out of the tutorial missions, but on that same page no it also isn't the only option a new player has. But I fail to see how someone running a Mech sees the need to camp a 1st star spawn for countless hours as opposed to say going to and kill some 3rd stars, who also drop T2 equipment and won't have much competition on.

Now as far as the coming to the forums and voicing their concerns about it in an intelligent fashioin, more power to them.

What I do hate to see first thing in the morning is exactly what Asuma is talking about which would be the OMGZ QQ I R GONNA QUIT.. attitudes.

(Edit: It's early I listed EQ2 twice , lol)

Asuma wrote:
Zhyntil wrote:

Isn't the point of the other missions to give you an opportunity to go explore and discover the different areas of all the 3 islands? I found my good farming spot while i was running a tutorial mission on an alt.

If they don't bother to try out the other missions, and see what else is out there, then there is not much left for them in this game. It is what it is, and it's not for everyone.

And you are right, I am an old timer when it comes to MMOs, been playing since UO (1997 I think) so I'm a bit jaded. But it just seems to me players today are mostly just a bunch of cry babies that can't adapt to the game and instead go QQing and threatening to quit. If you want to quit, do it, don't go to the forums and try to blackmail the DEV team just cause you can't handle a game with no instances.

Haha, just saw this, couldn't help but comment. YES SON, YES you are a noob in MMOs. Don't go listing games like you spent months or years in each of them.

You sound like this really old dude who was around back when women couldnt vote. Those *** and durr damn complaining to vote. Haha.

I been playing MMOs one year longer then you (Merdian 59), which means I have more merit and say. What that taught me is that not all gamers are 'Take it laying down' push overs like yourself.

"Back in my day MMOs didnt let you use the left mouse button and only the spacebar was usable on the keyboard, these pesky kids gots it all cozy these days."

Spare us the awkward old hermit routine. If they dont try everything then this isnt the game for them... You realize that the TUTORIAL shows you each type of mission.. and it doesnt get any more fun or better then that?

Like are you *** kidding me? The smog tower of ICS Alpha is such a beautiful place when the Ninth moon is low!

DERP DERP.

All you guys who think this game is perfect, always make it sound like youre hardcore PvPers. This game has ONE likeness to UO... Alpha is trammel and NOBODY is in Felucca.

Keep talking like you guys keep Betas populated, you dont. The game needs TONS of things and *** that its perfect is much worse then being honest about its flaws and expecting more.

Now go sit down and put your oxygen mask back on old timer, I know you probably got really hyped up having to get backhanded by the truth.

Asuma wrote:

Great way to make an impression.....YES SON, YES you are an *** in an MMO, congrats.
You have done more to prove my point that the community can make more of a difference than the game itself.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Zhyntil, thinking that everyone plays this game to pew pew shows how ignorant you are of the MMO population, especially in a game like this.  Some people only mine and produce just to see people buy the stuff they make or supply the war machine of their corp.  Some trade to make tons of money and affect the game on an economic level.
The Game
Everyone pretty much wants to affect the game in their own little way.  Theres many ways to do that in a game like this, which is why it is called a sandbox.  We're given some sand to play with, but its up to us what we do with it.  Some will build castles, some will dig holes, some will destroy the castles others have built, and will try to sell you their sand by telling you theres something better about it than anyone elses sand.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Neoxx wrote:

Zhyntil, thinking that everyone plays this game to pew pew shows how ignorant you are of the MMO population, especially in a game like this.  Some people only mine and produce just to see people buy the stuff they make or supply the war machine of their corp.  Some trade to make tons of money and affect the game on an economic level.
The Game
Everyone pretty much wants to affect the game in their own little way.  Theres many ways to do that in a game like this, which is why it is called a sandbox.  We're given some sand to play with, but its up to us what we do with it.  Some will build castles, some will dig holes, some will destroy the castles others have built, and will try to sell you their sand by telling you theres something better about it than anyone elses sand.

Your post shows how ignorant you are of this thread and of me......me i can understand, i am not worth much attention really, but you should have read the thread (and the 5 or so others about this topic). I would not really say anything usually, but you are fairly active here and have probably seen my posts a few times, including several here in this thread.
I am not here for "pew pew" mostly, I am a carebear, have been since day one, i carry things around from station to station buying and selling, occasionally i go out and blow up the same mechs that we are talking about on my little used alt, but i said enough about that earlier.
Others however are here for "pew pew", and several newbs have come to the forums posting about how it is hard to fight at mission points because of older players spawn camping the mission areas. My last several comments are aimed at the people that reply back with something along the lines of...."whine moar, QQ moar, go somewhere else or learn to play the game." (being polite)
As i have said several times, if this happened anywhere OTHER than these T1 mission areas i would be saying exactly the same and probably adding a few insults myself.......but to first have newbs deal with this in game, then be treated like $#!^ on the forums for making a suggestion or asking a question is beyond what many will or should accept.
People can disagree with me all they want, but a fact of MMO's is that if you piss off the newbs, they leave taking their money and friends......and their money. No MMO can survive for long without new subs.

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Zhyntil your comments were directed at me for my callus comments toward that noob that created this thread, but even you must think he deserved it.

There are plenty of other posts about this issue where the OPs didn't threaten to rage quit if they didn't get their way. Other people offered ideas as to how to solve the problem of high lvl campers in noob zones, while that terd Sylvon Delvalle offered nothing but QQ.

So you see, you are really the one not reading here...:rolleyes:

First impressions are quite important, no?

When a new player goes on bounty hunting/recon assignment after completing the tutorial and is all happy and excited. And then, instead of an exciting battle and smell of burning metal he finds an assault bot and its alt on steroids circling around the spawn spewing missiles like there is no tomorrow stealing all the kills.

It is a problem and I find it quite strange that it has not been fixed yet. Sure there are plenty of exciting ways to to earn your nic around here. You can find a spawn that is not camped. You can click on the ground and activate your mining modules. You can transport items from a to b and be a robomechatrucker. You can take your calculator and optimize your production lines and search for cheap deals and gullible customers.

Of course I don't know for certain, but am guessing that quite a large percentage of players find pve pewpewing more to their liking than mining/production/trading/hauling.

On a related topic.. combat assignments and pve combat in general in this game is in very sad state. Borrring repetitive and all that unfortunately common mmorpg jazz. I really hope that the devs are bringing in more pew pew related toys and soon.

But new player experience should be top priority especially when you can remove lots of frustration from them by quite simple fixes.

And after some band aid fixes I hope the whole combat assignment and pve-pewpew system gets some love. Until then.. time to hop into my Sequer and enjoy the exciting ride.

Also, and imho most importantly, insulting others is bad m'kay..

Petteri Petraaja wrote:

But new player experience should be top priority especially when you can remove lots of frustration from them by quite simple fixes.

Also, and imho most importantly, insulting others is bad m'kay..

Exactly, said in far less words than i did.....

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

I might be wrong, but I have a feeling that in most cases this is an issue of learn to play. I farm mission points because I make twice the money from it. I have an arbalest without any sensor amplifiers so I actually have slower locking time then others. I get angry rude tells once in a while from people in light telling me to *** off. But even with my slower lock time I have no problem getting kills. I have a feeling people are just too lazy to keep the number of targets locked at max and to lock on to fresh spawns. Grindspots are hectic in Perpetuum and takes a bit of twitch unlike other mmorpgs where you can just lazyclick. On a few occasions I have seen assault low locktime lockdowns though and then it's ***. But I have only seen it once since the beginning so it shouldn't be a huge problem.

18 (edited by Red Five 2010-12-15 21:15:48)

\/

19 (edited by Red Five 2010-12-15 23:55:24)

This can be solved by making harder bots pay more after accounting for increased travel time, increased kill time and increased ammo use.

The Sevant Heralds outside TMA net me far better NIC than the Sevant Grunts that are 500m further away.

I can 2 shot the Heralds so that's 700 nic on ammo but I four or sometimes 5 shot grunts, thats 1400 at best in ammo

Herald 500m away

Kernal              5500
Random loot, say 500
                       ===
Total income    6000
Outlay in ammo 700
                     ====
Profit              5300

Time taken to kill 10s so 530 nic per second

Grunts 1000m away (more travel time but not taken into consideration)

Kernal                6500
Random loot, say 1000
                        ====
Total income       7500
Outlay in ammo   1400
                        ====
Profit                 6100

Time taken to kill 20s so 305 nic per second

I go farm the Grunts these days cos I felt a bit of a douch farming those newb bots but it is costing me serious NIC

Its not quite as bad as my above figures as if I am at the herald spawn I sometimes have to wait for a new spawn to appear which never happens at the grunt spawn so lower my herald nic/ sec by, say 5-10%

When I do that I have to add down time for healing, so I end up at something closer to 150 Nic vs 500 Nics. I actually make three times the money on L1 spawns maybe more. Healing takes lot´s of time...

@ Red Five: nice Avatar with that bondage on mouth.
@ others: lol

fusion reaction created me

Wow in this game community is really bad, when someone have valid problem, someone from big corp is saying to him learn to play noob and stfu.
Game have so many flaws and now sucky community too if half population will pay for 2nd month it will be success.
There shouldt be nic farmers on 1st mission spot, not in assault bots. On some missions there are 3-4 mobs respawning and like 3-5 people killing them, and you need them to do many times to incrase standing, to get 2 lvl missions that you cant complete in assault... lol at people that are defending this.

Drop the npc kernal buy orders and let the players decide their worth.  My guess is that low level kernals will be worth a lot less and it will bring balance to kernal value.  This will drive vets from the low level spawns in search of better profit.

We have NIC faucets with missions, so this wont be missed.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

I agree, kernel buy orders must be stopped or they should worth much much less.
or at very least low level kernels should worth much ess than high level ones.