51 (edited by BigCountry 2010-12-10 14:19:49)

Re: How to balance a 50ker vs a 20ker?

Decon wrote:

You do understand that you could train Accelerated Target Locking (ATL) to level 9 for 17,153 EP  almost completely nullifying the EP advantage a 50ker would have on target locking.

But what about the dual sensor amplifiers you can put on an assault bot you say? Well for 17,594 EP you can train ATL to 8 AND all the prereq skills to pilot an assault bot yourself. Thus most likely giving yourself the advantage.

Both scenarios can be done with a brand new character.

(Note: All EP numbers were taken from Perpetuum Planner using a Pure combat character build.)

Like I said it all boils down to player skill/creativity. Use your head next time you decide to spew ignorance on the forums.

Worst advice ever for a new player.....now he is left with 0 points to do anything else in the game..lol

It's a problem. It's the game mechanics. L2 missions are pointless. You get the same rep (and money for the most part because you can do them faster) for just repeating the L1. It makes no sense....

It can easily be fixed I would think. Not sure why it has not been done. Unless they are purposely trying to keep the bulk of the player base on Alpha in order to make better first impressions on people playing the game for the first time.

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

52 (edited by Seridur 2010-12-10 14:18:03)

I think new players should have increased EP gain and not just a fixxed amount like in EVE, but until they close the gap with th eold players.. even if it would last for years.. the bonus would be like +20%, not that much but at least they would feel that they are getting closer and not "being gimped" forever.it would help the moral smile

In eve new player will compete with other new players (low lvl missions, instances, huge world) in PO almost all are doing same missions, trading in same outpost, or farming same mobs. New players are put in same bag with early access people.
New players will be farming same mobs long, long time because if you dont have mech or team (if you are new you dont...) you cant kill lvl2 bots (they ridiculous strong or in pack of 5)
There is nothing to encourage new players to start playing now...

I don't even use my sensor and grind kills a plenty everywhere. I just keep a constant 3 lock. Battle is a bit hectic gotta catch the spawning but it's kinda fun. To fight l2+ I have to team up.

Try to travel between the islands some have less grinders. Problem is no one does L2 so we get gang banged by the mobs thus everyone is stuck at L1. Circle. They should have spawns spread out with less mobs for solo play. PvE is kinda stupid right now.

Judging by the responses I've got in this thread it's pretty obvious that certain people missed the fact that this is a SANDBOX game not WoW where they hold your hand and give you everything just for logging on and everyone is treated like whining children.

Sure my advice with the EP is terrible for a new player BUT it is one thing you can do to beat the 50kers. Like I said if your not willing to use your head, and think creatively to find a solution to your problem then your going to fail miserably at this game.

I'll give you another freebie solution to your problem why don't you try *gasp* something other than solo grinding level 1 combat missions.

Decon wrote:

Judging by the responses I've got in this thread it's pretty obvious that certain people missed the fact that this is a SANDBOX game not WoW where they hold your hand and give you everything just for logging on and everyone is treated like whining children.

Sure my advice with the EP is terrible for a new player BUT it is one thing you can do to beat the 50kers. Like I said if your not willing to use your head, and think creatively to find a solution to your problem then your going to fail miserably at this game.

I'll give you another freebie solution to your problem why don't you try *gasp* something other than solo grinding level 1 combat missions.

There is no "sand" in L2 areas man.....lol

/fail

[img]http://www.cryptostudios.com/PO/Sigs/BC.jpg[/img]

BigCountry wrote:

There is no "sand" in L2 areas man.....lol

/fail

Well have fun fighting with 50kers  in your "L1" areas then because I'm having no problem building sand castles in your so called L2 areas

I love how people are talking about "new players" and "old players" already here in Perpetuum.

We're all the new players at this point in the game, and we'll all be the old players in a few months.

Yes, assignments need more incentive to get you to do higher level ones and go out to beta more.

We have started to see some of the largest corps moving almost completely back to Alpha because they realized they cant handle being on beta 24/7.  Its sad to see.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

This should probably stand as a lesson why RMT is a bad idea.

How do you balance between those who you sold EP to for cash, against those unwilling to cheat?

If there is any RMT, you wont be selling EP, but game time.  You fail because you think they would actually put a function in game to sell EP.

"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

They already did. It was a one time offer though, you must've missed it.

Don't worry, we were all new at some point.

GLiMPSE wrote:
BizzyBeast wrote:
Decon wrote:

This has to be a troll.

There is no way a maximum EP difference whine thread would be started so soon after the game was released

Oh man thats a shame, AXE is so big that their newer players dont pick up on any info?

Sadly youre trying the opposite arguement of whats been the norm. 50k EP (early access) vs 20k EP (25th and on) has been almost totally agreed (obviously) to be a huge advantage early on.

What you meant to say, but got confused or flustered, was that it will even out in several years.. So whats the big deal. Ill assume you would have gone with that, had you been informed on what you were discussing.

Biz,

My brother from another mother.
My boy with which I toy. (came up with that right now, awesome, I know!)

Do you really, whole heartedly, with a sound mind, think something is going to change?

I wish I preordered, I didn't, I also wished when I tried stEVE a year ago that I had tried it 6 years ago... the thing is... I had to accept that this is how progression is done in these MMO's. It sucks, sure, but it's how it's going to be. You can either make the best of it or jump off a bridge.

To draw similarities from life... their are those children born into a family that had the smarts and the foresight to get their financial situation in order before having a child... those children in most cases lead a fairly charmed life.

Then there are those who are born to an Ethiopian crack *** --- they don't start off with the advantages of those lucky few... but in this sandbox we call life... those Ethiopian crack children still have opportunities to make something of themselves. Imagine this child, working in the diamond mines of south africa, finds a huge blood diamond, hides it in his rectum and flees the country... now he's one rich crack baby....

Stop kicking the dirt, get your *** into the diamond mines of perpetuum and make something of yourself.

OK, after reading this, I think I have found one of those rare posts that you'll remember for a long time to come.
I can't say I have ever heard a more creative way of being told to.......
"Shove it up your @$$!"

Early access was not selling EP, it was just a bonus.

Before release you only got 1440 EP on account creation.  So you should probably think of the 20k you get now as a pretty hefty bonus.  In essence, everyone is "buying EP" according to your logic.

People will also save inactive accounts that just accrue EP and sell it after a while for a gain.  I dont care if people do this, because that person isnt any farther ahead than anyone else at early access, and has a lesser grasp of the game anyway so they'll still suck.

AC will never, and if they do they'll die, sell EP in any way.  They may have ways to sell game time for NIC like EvE does, but that doesnt put anyone else farther ahead other than economically.  I wouldnt want to have something like that in here, but its certainly a possibility.

Fair enough. If someone is handing over cash and getting any kind of bonus ingame for it, that's RMT as far as I'm concerned, but as you pointed out we're all getting 20k extra so I'll STFU.

I just hope it doesn't because a habit. I guess I have no reason to think it will be.

*sigh* why don't people get that these games aren't supposed to be like WoW and other garbage, the only reason they contain grinding content is because of the storyline and the fact that mats need to come from somewhere in order to kick start production and make it simpler than it would be in real life.

the alpha or "starter" zones are for just that, for starting. Those telling you to get a corp and go work with them aren't trying to troll or be stupid, they're laughing because you clearly don't have a clue about what you're supposed to be doing.

People are farming the kernels on the beta islands, b e c a u s e   t h e y   c a n. It wont change, and it shouldn't change. if you have a problem, find a way around it, hence the term, "sandbox".

I see you're currently in PRIDE, why in all the world are you running missions or farming spawns on alpha? Get onto Domhalarn and work with your corp and the alliance, and stop this silly quibbling about inequality. This isn't day care, where "fair" is key, you make your own fair here. Start building, or get out of the way.

Contact me in game via e-mail or PM for -CS- recruitment information.

L1fe3looD wrote:

*sigh* why don't people get that these games aren't supposed to be like WoW and other garbage, the only reason they contain grinding content is because of the storyline and the fact that mats need to come from somewhere in order to kick start production and make it simpler than it would be in real life.

the alpha or "starter" zones are for just that, for starting. Those telling you to get a corp and go work with them aren't trying to troll or be stupid, they're laughing because you clearly don't have a clue about what you're supposed to be doing.

People are farming the kernels on the beta islands, b e c a u s e   t h e y   c a n. It wont change, and it shouldn't change. if you have a problem, find a way around it, hence the term, "sandbox".

I see you're currently in PRIDE, why in all the world are you running missions or farming spawns on alpha? Get onto Domhalarn and work with your corp and the alliance, and stop this silly quibbling about inequality. This isn't day care, where "fair" is key, you make your own fair here. Start building, or get out of the way.

I guess thats why games like WoW have millions of people playing at once and games like this consist of 450 some, a HIGH PERCENTAGE of which are ALT accounts. This isnt a sandbox though, its just as carebear as WoW and there is only one difference.. IT PAYS TO FARM ON ALPHA.

These problems I point out are real, but im also a 13 year MMORPG vet, I dont sit in a spawn thats being stolen from me.. ALT tab and go *** on the forums. I make the best of the time I can devote to a video game.

And the worst part is you trying to use me as a conductor for some silly lies or some propaganda spin. You DONT farm on Beta, most of the alliance farms on Alpha.. 3 people in Arkhes call out PvP on the island.. We spend 20 minutes insulting each other and another 20 minutes having a VENT/TS/MUMBLE is better debate.. By then someone died lost their ***, we finally mass up and we go out as a blob, in Arkhes, to PvP. Noone has the leadership to gather the group onto a single VOIP.. AND nobody has the balls to risk anything more then an Arkhe because of this. 3 times now ive brought an Assualt bot and was the biggest thing there..

What are we building? Besides a *** reputation.

OMG he giving secrets!!!! Thats the worst part, most of the recruitment is so lax that all of this is already well known by any of our enemies.

There. Now we have some truth, thats fair.

Just give the 20kers, new players, a respec point.

Most of them will probably use it within the first few days anyway. Those that are smarter will have a respec point saved.

The problem with being 20k over 50k is that the margin for error is much higher. If you know what you're doing you could equip an assault bot and get the necessary extensions to "compete" with under 17k, maybe not beat the 50ker but you can at least grab a few spawns.

A respec point would let you test the game out and make adjustments if needed.

yeah, give me a respec option!
then i can switch from small bot extensions to fully mech extension with my 50 EP

wait, what 50k EP??

the whole discussion can stop here now, as we are 4 weeks into the game now, and that whiny guy there should have his sensor extension on the same level as everyone else who had a little headstart.

BizzyBeast - did you play beta? I cant help but you sound exactly like one of the *** from beta that complained about things while sitting in an alpha terminal the whole time.
I miss you in the "lasers are broken" discussion...

Annihilator wrote:

yeah, give me a respec option!
then i can switch from small bot extensions to fully mech extension with my 50 EP

wait, what 50k EP??

the whole discussion can stop here now, as we are 4 weeks into the game now, and that whiny guy there should have his sensor extension on the same level as everyone else who had a little headstart.

BizzyBeast - did you play beta? I cant help but you sound exactly like one of the *** from beta that complained about things while sitting in an alpha terminal the whole time.
I miss you in the "lasers are broken" discussion...

No I didnt play beta and your vauge references arent 'cool' or 'tough'.

The simple truth is that youre in JOKE and I did not need to play beta to know that ironically (or purposely named?) youre the laughing stock of PvP, right behind AXE.

The reason a laughing stock would think respecs for newer players would be a bad idea, is because they would suddenly be even worse at the game if new players go a second chance to get the right skills.

Sorry. Good luck.

*edit* Offensive. - DEV Zoom

BizzyBeast wrote:

No I didnt play beta and your vauge references arent 'cool' or 'tough'.

The simple truth is that youre in JOKE and I did not need to play beta to know that ironically (or purposely named?) youre the laughing stock of PvP, right behind AXE.

The reason a laughing stock would think respecs for newer players would be a bad idea, is because they would suddenly be even worse at the game if new players go a second chance to get the right skills.

Sorry. Good luck.

What has my Corp have to do with you beeing a whiny guy on the forums?

Annihilator wrote:

What has my Corp have to do with you beeing a whiny guy on the forums?

Would you stop crying about people complaining.

*edit* And again. - DEV Zoom

omfg, all y'all still crying about this?!?!?!?!  How many threads do ppl who did not sign up for EA have to start and keep alive now?  It's like a kid told "no", they keep thinking that if they keep asking someone will say "yes" finally just to shut them up....

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!

Yes

Who the $#@% is stEvE?

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

omfg, all y'all still crying about this?!?!?!?!  How many threads do ppl who did not sign up for EA have to start and keep alive now?  It's like a kid told "no", they keep thinking that if they keep asking someone will say "yes" finally just to shut them up....

Dont worry there will be less and less topics about this, because there are less people that are playing...
If people will be few times blow up in beta islands or few times griefed on mission spot, most will quit. Because there is no fun when you dont have chance to retaliate, cant do missions or cant sell goods...

75 (edited by Lupus Aurelius 2010-12-15 17:09:03)

franko wrote:

Dont worry there will be less and less topics about this, because there are less people that are playing...
If people will be few times blow up in beta islands or few times griefed on mission spot, most will quit. Because there is no fun when you dont have chance to retaliate, cant do missions or cant sell goods...

That's a load of crap - every MMO out there has new people not as skilled as older members.  And, it is a MMO, really, the idea is to work with other people, not solo.  As has been said many times before, join a good corp with lots of people, and work as a team, you will have no issues.  As time progresses, and we have seen this already, the EA vs regular access EP means less and less.  And what about new people who join today?  Should regular access people have to give up their 20k for that?  How about when the Devs remove the 20K starter EP, which they have stated that they are planning on doing?

Don't be an idiot, use your brain, work with others, and stop ya biatchin'.

PS - For those who have bothered to look, membership is increasing.  So much for fewer people and/or people leaving...

In the gods we trust, all others bring data!