Re: William Bonney Invites you to RIDE the Ring!!!

Arjha Shanoo wrote:
Rabus0 wrote:

So, what if some guys turn on pvp flag and kill all race drivers? Its not impossible!

it is - if you yourself don't turn on your PvP-flag or try to shoot the flagged one. Why? Because the necessary isles are alpha ones and you can't shoot a non-PvP-flagged player (if happens otherwise it would be a bug and a big exploit too...) But if you really want to run through PvP-zones, your fault.

William Bonney wrote:

... to Tellesis.  Then Daoden, Shinjalar, New Virginia, Hershfield, and then Back to Attalica....

You didnt understand! If you will be allowed to shoot on other members in race that means that some guys who is not in race can kill you all!

Same amount of EP - no one has an upper hand because of maxed Speed Nexus Ext. with this.

Really???

Rabus0 wrote:
Arjha Shanoo wrote:
Rabus0 wrote:

So, what if some guys turn on pvp flag and kill all race drivers? Its not impossible!

it is - if you yourself don't turn on your PvP-flag or try to shoot the flagged one. Why? Because the necessary isles are alpha ones and you can't shoot a non-PvP-flagged player (if happens otherwise it would be a bug and a big exploit too...) But if you really want to run through PvP-zones, your fault.

William Bonney wrote:

... to Tellesis.  Then Daoden, Shinjalar, New Virginia, Hershfield, and then Back to Attalica....

You didnt understand! If you will be allowed to shoot on other members in race that means that some guys who is not in race can kill you all!

This is an event from a player for players - Game mechanics won't change for this....

just to make sure - noone forces any1 of the participants to activate his pvp flag
therefor its impossible to shoot at any of the participants that don't voluntary activate the flag.
so the phrase that weapons are allowed to be used is just obligatory in there.

PS: William, you wrote my name wrong...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

aye, the original intent, was allowing the speed nexus or not.  With the rule of trials, it prevented someone for having a character with max speed nexus skills.

2nd.  It lets me differentiate in squad, who is a staff person, and who is a trial account racer.

3rd.  It potentially provides Perpetuum with more trial accounts, new and older vets, who may one day spend ICE or other, to keep those new trial accounts active after the trial is over.

I want more business for Perpetuum.  I want more accounts, I don't care if they already have 1-5.  I want more ICE being bought on their site, and sold or traded in the actual game.

In a nutshell, the purpose of the Race is to get us all together, new players and old, to have some fun together.  Show that there are a lot of people playing.  For the vets, it allows them to have their racer there, withouit leaving the Beta or Gamma islands at their stations.  It's quite easy making a new account, and start them at ICS.   It doesn't take up a character slot, and they are not penalized 2880 EP for deleting it on their main accounts.

So, is that reason enough for you?

Annihilator wrote:

just to make sure - noone forces any1 of the participants to activate his pvp flag
therefor its impossible to shoot at any of the participants that don't voluntary activate the flag.
so the phrase that weapons are allowed to be used is just obligatory in there.

PS: William, you wrote my name wrong...

fixed, sorry.

31 (edited by William Bonney 2012-10-30 01:45:16)

Rabus0 wrote:
Arjha Shanoo wrote:
Rabus0 wrote:

William Bonney wrote:

And yes, really.  Even if you had started the trial account on the day I announced the race, any trial would only have about 28,000 EP.  That's enough to get to level 7 in Navigation Nexus.  I had originally thought of allowing it, however due to conversations with other's, and their concerns, all Speed Nexus module are banned.  So discussing them it a moot point.

Same amount of EP - no one has an upper hand because of maxed Speed Nexus Ext. with this.

Really???

The only way you can be shot at on an Alpha island, is if you flag for PvP.  If you're in the race, and you want to, I'm not gonna stop you, that's your choice.  And yes, 20k starter EP means no one will have level 10 speed nexus skills (as was the original intent).  Now though, nexus' are not allowed at all, period.  If you have one, or are caught using one, you are not only removed from squad, but if it looks like you meant to do it, to help out friends or one of you alts, they will also be DQ'd.

Edited to add:  the 26,000 EP, something a trial account who started on the day I announced the event, would be enough for Navigation Nexus 7.  I had orginally intended to allow that, however, after conversations with others, and their concerns, I decided to ban all Speed Nexus's.  So this argument/point, whatever, is all moot.

32 (edited by Burial 2012-10-30 11:55:58)

Next race please just give a set of checkpoints throughout the map the participant has to visit. smile

There's really no checkpoints for the race, other than the islands themselves.  You're allowed to take any path you want across the islands, those are the checkpoints.

34 (edited by BeastmodeGuNs 2012-11-02 06:43:43)

i sign in, my alt name is Ilshavoh, (the name is of a unit from Supreme Commander Forged Alliance)

Edit: u should also add the server time this gonna be at, so its easier for people who wont be able to figure out what time it will be in their timezone

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

so, how did it go?

did someone show up? the event was far to late for me to stay online.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

36 (edited by William Bonney 2012-11-05 19:18:13)

Sorry, a lot going on for me this morning. 

Perpetuumrace came in first, with a time of 23 minutes.

Ishlavah (alt of BeastmodeGuNs) came in second with 26 minutes.

And with a time of 32 minutes, Rainer L came in third.

They were the only three competitors, which is not as many as I had hoped for honestly.  However, as a "first try" and seeing how it'd go, along with the staff set-up, I know what I need now for future events such as this.

I thank all who helped me organize this, the staff and the racers themselves.

The next one will not require a "trial account" as stated it's not necesary with the banning of the Nexus Modules, and it will also be more of a "EU Timezone" setting.  I'm hoping to have this organized for some time after Thanksgiving.

Hope to see everyone next time, and stay tuned for the "Bots Deathrace" which I am working on now, for some time near Christmas.

Edited to forward from first post:

A BIG thank you for all Staff who, even though we only had three racers, seemed to have just as much fun with it as the racers.

So thanks again:
Hydra - with Phalanxx and Warblade
Statecorp - Cassius/Brutus/Atticus
Axis Inc - Azyre (who also let us jump on her TS so we could have VOIP)
Brotherhood of Steel - Slouson

I miss this guy.  William where have you gone?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

38 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-08-12 06:59:12)

Azyrex wrote:

Damn, this was 2 years ago now? Yep, hope he decides to log in again sometime and do this again.

Yeah same. was some good Quality entertainment! also the very competent player & PVPer. A great lose for the game.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Oh, this looks like it used the now non-existent golden triangle.  I re-read it because I thought it was the demob-the-sequer game I forgot the rest of.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I remember this.  The guy advertised this event using google word ads. 

Bobo, beast (I think) and some random guy participated.  Bobo won.

One of the highlights of the 30 man server though.

I remember he interviewed me and someone else in teamspeak, eventough he wasn't a journalist and wasn't publishing or writing anything...

ahh good times.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

lol

E was one of zooms alts

E?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

44 (edited by William Bonney 2015-02-12 06:47:01)

Hah, I have returned.

As for those interviews, that was for work back in the day.  A game review with some true in-game player feedback about the game.  I submitted the reviews but unfortunately they were not published as that company's interest in the game drifted off.  Their excuse being "sandboxes are too niche."

So where have I been?  I ruptured a couple ulcers in my gut, almost died, and was told I have this condition Crohn's now.  Kicked me pretty hardcore there for a while, but it's under control now.  But because of poor health I was unable to work, was pretty much a bum being supported by my wife, and since I have yet to invent the money-growing trees, had to cut down on my gaming and spending to a bare minimum.  It sucks not working.

But my health has returned, I'm no longer spending 3 days a month in a hospital, and I have plenty of free time again so I can get back to my passion, and that's gaming.  Even plan this summer to start looking for new means of employment.

Edited to add:  It was kind of cool coming on here and seeing this post up top.  I'm grateful to be remembered.