1 (edited by Hunter 2012-10-26 08:22:49)

Topic: Light bots and medium weapons.

This is shiny prometheus. I would be glad to use medium shortrange weapons. Is it possible to adjust? Something kinda robotic bonuse "medium LCL Laser usage modifier" 5% per level of skill Telodica robot control.
Also would be nice to redraw medium magnetic weapons. Yagels looks ugly.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Light bots and medium weapons.

I think that would probably imbalance the Reactor Usage for the Mech sized bots.  That it was you are not able to use the big guns, on little bots, even wit the lack of the bonuses.  It has to do with the reactor/cpu usuage, so what you are "overall" allowed to equip on them.

I'm personally fine with it really.  You'd probably only get 1 or 2 medium guns on a bot built to have 3 or 4.  As long as things were balanced on the Mech sized as well.  To subtract from one, add to another, or reduce maximum's.

3 (edited by Hunter 2012-10-26 08:23:37)

I wanna more sand.
Also there are no problems with balansing. I advice to look @ AP usage on medium weapons. It will be next one step to customisation. Not imbalance.

Why the crybabies wins?

hunter - personal question: why do you suddenly bring up topics that you have trolled in the past with comments like:

"play the game as it is, stop playing with hands growing from ***"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Hunter 2012-10-28 07:07:19)

Annihilator wrote:

hunter - personal question: why do you suddenly bring up topics that you have trolled in the past with comments like:

"play the game as it is, stop playing with hands growing from ***"

you mean topics with similar keywords like "light" or "robots" (maybe "weapons"), but another subjects?.. hmm... let me think. Can you link me topic about light bots and medium weapons which has been trolled by me?

Why the crybabies wins?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

+1

Hunter were on the same wavelength here...was trying that the other day with some very strange fits.  yarr

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Its possible to run a prometheus with t2 medium gauss whith only one t4 reactor fitted as far as i remember.

Aside of med mg + med launcher the only light bot with med weapons that doesnt need both legslots for reactor modules.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

One suggestion on light bots...and maybe assaults.

Radar signature could be adjusted for bot profile.  Meaning,,,,if the light bot is not facing or retreating directly it is not on radar.  If the player is driving his light bot, left, right, left/forward, right/forward,,, he is not on radar until he fires.  This puts some pilot skills in play, lets lights and maybe assaults, be viable in combat.  With bot explosion AOE under 100 meters, extra damage under 100 meters is not viable.   Maybe a armor that absorbs explosion damage.  But lights should be able to do extra damage under 100 meters, to the extent of cries of anguish from mech pilots....The damage could be even under 100 meters between lights and mechs,,,if the mech player sees the light and clicks on the bot on the terrain he is targeted at any range, and profile. The light is just not on the bookmarks.

Happy Trails...