Topic: The Great Pumpkin

....Rerun....

Re: The Great Pumpkin

LINUS!!!!!! 

Linus wake up.  He's here.  He's here Linus WAKE UP!!!!

3 (edited by Linus Van Pelt 2012-10-26 19:18:17)

/pulls blanket off his head, sticks thumb in mouth and:

What Lucy, I was sleeping.

But Linus, he was actually here.

Who was here??? NO!!!!

Not again, not The Great Pumpkin.  I COULDN"T have missed him again.  AAAAHHHAAAHHHH!!!!

Yes, but it was wierd Linus.  He seemed mad.

Mad, mad at me?

No, he wanted Rerun.  And he was so cold Linus.  Shivering and clammy.  I think the frost has come too early this year.  I think he's dying Linus.

I can't find him Lucy.  I can't find Rerun?   We'd better go look....

Great, just when I got started.  Wonderfull.  Now I gotta find my snot-nosed little brother??  Won't you two ever grow up?

Well, I give up.  Stupid boys.  Tell them to stay somewhere, and they wonder off.  I had better things to do today, I'm sophisticated.

Congratz to Guneera for unlocking step one of William Bonney's first Halloween Event.

He has now completed step one, and can move on in the event
The prize has not yet been discoverred.
There are many ways to unlock steps one, two, and three.
Good luck and have fun.

Rabbiscuit now has also completed stage one of the Event.  Great job.

bobo1994 has completed stage 1 of the event, and has moved on to stage 2.

NOTE:  I gave him a small hint, so I will give it to you all here.  All my previous forum posts this week "may" have had something to do involving with the Event.  Good luck and have fun.

bobo1994 has just completed stage two.  Luckily for him, Rerun's comms were fixed by itself in the conversation, but he can't message Linus for some reason.

bobo1994 has just uncovered the prize!!!!!

Each branch of the story is different.  One branch guarantees you I.C.E.  an in game item to extend your play time by 30 days.  One brajnch in stage three, guarantees you ICE, the other branch depends on an in game mechanic.  Once one branch is complete, I will let folks know.

17 (edited by William Bonney 2012-10-27 02:47:23)

Congratz to bobo1994.  He helped Rerun get back to Linus, and kept the "Ice Crown" from getting into the hands of the Great Pumpkin.  The true Pumpkin King was so glad the Land of Christmas was saved, he let bobo keep the crown.

Congrats again bud.

I will open this event back up tomorrow.  bobo1994 completed the path that took him to the guaranteed I.C.E.   All that is left is the one that depends on an in-game mechanice.  We'll see what happens tomorrow, if anyone gets far enough to test it.

I think William Bonney needs to post more in this thread.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

hah!  Just trying to add a bit different and rewarding "player driven content" into the game.  These types of quests are a lot more interactive.  When I was a kid, I used to read a lot of those books that gave you "choices" when  you read them, affecting which ending of the book you would reach.  I think it's something that, if done properly, can be a lot of fun.  Now that I have more experience writing I thought I would give a go at trying some of the same ideas into the games I play.  I like adding to a game's content, I spend so much time with them.

So stay tuned, more to come.