1 (edited by Stranger Danger 2012-10-22 06:23:06)

Topic: youtube tutorials

Easy solution to a lot of the new player issues, relief from explaining the same mechanics over and over.

Someone make a new trial account who knows what they are doing, do a youtube video and narration.

Cover the basics both combat and indy, just explain step by step what your doing and why.  Also a "before you start" with the basics showcasing each faction and the basics ect.  explain things about how the bots fight, their role, what to expect in the first month and what to expect after 6 months ect.  Navigation of the client and how missions relations and the world works via world map teleports alpha 1&2 betas and gammas.

Then stick the link to the tube on help chat, or make it accessible in game.

Even if you guys redo the new player experience, something as simple as a youtube walkthrough makes a world of difference.

In all honesty, the tutorials are lame.  Forces people who know what they want to mine dirt ect. and do a terrible job of explaining stuff.  this could easily replace and just start players off knowing their goal is to grind mission rep until they figure out a corp to join and get real goals.

Also..sorry for posting in anni's personal complaint forum.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Re: youtube tutorials

I had a decent friend in another game that used to do that for every game he played.  I'll see if I can still get in touch with him.  Last I heard he was over in Xsyon doing it for them, even made a paid staff position from it, heh.  I'll check and look to see if I still have access there, or if I can find him in mIRC or something.  He was really good at them.  Some examples can be found under the SaintBob001 username on youtube.

Here's the Guy:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=UU … ature=plcp

Hopefully I can get back in touch with him and he'd be willing to come over if I offer to pay for a month or two worth of subs for him.  He's really great at what he does, and is a pretty hardcore gamer, and well, I love his accent.

4 (edited by Hunter 2012-10-26 02:26:44)

You funny guys smile
Do you really believe that interesting watch how plays another one? The video on youtube need only for the first look on the game. Any video tutorial will be useless. Tutorials should be implemented only in the game. The best that people agree - background audio support.

Imagine: You just downloaded and installed the game client, registred (maybe paid). What will you do next? Watch youtube video? smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

"Background audio support." - Hunter

He means a really sexy voice telling you what to do...

+1

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

6 (edited by William Bonney 2012-10-26 03:17:27)

Ido believe it Hunter.  It's why one of his Xsyon videos were so successfull, and he loves doing 'em.  He doesn't spend hours upon days upon weeks, because he doesn't enjoy it.  He does it because some people out there, do watch them, and do appreciate them.  They are called fans, just because you aren't one, doesn't mean you have to degrade his accompllishments.

Quit being a bitter vet bud.

Oh, and we're all "regular subs" here.  We can't change what they code in the game ourselves.  We can make YouTube videos, guides, and in game events.  It's that term "Player Driven Content" they sell on the box.

7 (edited by hermit 2012-10-26 03:46:50)

Didn't Gremrod already do a beginner tutrial of the setup and mechanics of the game, i'm sure i saw it around somewhere i just can't remmember where.

(Needs more sexy voice, Gremrods Voice IS NOT SEXY)

I'm Sticken to my guns on this one.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

(Needs more sexy voice, Gremrods Voice IS NOT SEXY)

I'm Sticken to my guns on this one.

LOL

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Yeah, the Britt accent he's got is easier on the ears.