Topic: ProtoType Bots = I want

So we currently have the possibility to Prototype bots, and yet we don't see them at all.

Well why Merkle why is that, you ask.  Well The reason is the quite simply they are the same bots, there are ZERO difference between a proto bot and the next, hell, not even the NAME is different.

Can we please have this changed, if anything, give them a SMALL fitting bonus, as they are extremely pricy anyway.

A thought, an idea, a well you get the idea.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

2 (edited by Goffer 2012-10-18 06:24:59)

Re: ProtoType Bots = I want

+1
There should be difference between MK2 and Proto. I'm mnot saying that proto should be the other MK2, but as it is mroe expensive to produce Proto than MK2 I see no reason why MK2 is that much better

a proposal that leads back to early beta - there we had proto bots with better parameters, the slots were the same if I remember right (MK2 have more slots) ... either way too long ago for me to be able to say what exactly was different, can only say I liked them.

Protobots in the current system would need to make a double system for robot production: REing of protobots and REing without them. Now, protos are needed in higher tiers to even be able to produce CTs, for robots there's no need for that - this is what I like and whats also good and necessary for the current gameplay. REing bots without protos needs to stay because of various obvious reasons.

Re-introducing protobots would leave another question open here - we don't have that many new bots to research and for production they just aren't necessary - so there would be no other use for them than their slightly better perfomance.
Compared to a MK2, which can fit more modules, the price-performance ratio will still be worse for protos Protos still would be more expensive and have less overall performance than MK2s, so who in their right mind would use protobots with just a fitting bonus?

Arjha Shanoo wrote:

Re-introducing protobots would leave another question open here - we don't have that many new bots to research and for production they just aren't necessary - so there would be no other use for them than their slightly better perfomance.
Compared to a MK2, which can fit more modules, the price-performance ratio will still be worse for protos Protos still would be more expensive and have less overall performance than MK2s, so who in their right mind would use protobots with just a fitting bonus?

If I recall. The above is the reason protobots were dropped during beta.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Arjha Shanoo wrote:

a proposal that leads back to early beta - there we had proto bots with better parameters, the slots were the same if I remember right (MK2 have more slots) ... either way too long ago for me to be able to say what exactly was different, can only say I liked them.

Protobots in the current system would need to make a double system for robot production: REing of protobots and REing without them. Now, protos are needed in higher tiers to even be able to produce CTs, for robots there's no need for that - this is what I like and whats also good and necessary for the current gameplay. REing bots without protos needs to stay because of various obvious reasons.

PROTO MK 2!

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Arjha Shanoo wrote:

Well Lets see, Bling factor, fitting factor, blah blah blah....

I really don't know what should be better about them, I just find it hard to believe that they are not in the game as are other mods.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

there are neither "standard prototypes"... nor do you start with t2 research while t1 is fully npcs seeded and mass loot drop for most items...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Sure

While at it how about introducing ANY new bots. It's been too long

Sparking to other games

Annihilator wrote:

there are neither "standard prototypes"... nor do you start with t2 research while t1 is fully npcs seeded and mass loot drop for most items...

Hm...you sir have a very good point.

But Rex has my point in a nut shell.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

+1