Topic: Yo Devs, LAG WTF?

Devs, seriously this lag on Beta/Gamma is getting to an unbearable level.  PVP engagements are turning into who lives closest to the server.  We got people dropping out mid fights dieing, 9K ping for periods of 10~30 seconds even for people on low settings.

You NEED to test this immediately because if the population hits in the 1000's this game is dead in the water.  Stop burning up toasters and let's get some LIVE server testing going on with people.

My two cents, balls in your court.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Yo Devs, LAG WTF?

+1

[05:36:51] <Lemon> i hate you... just so you know

[15:05:49] <Ville> I have to admit, that was pretty fu**ing pimp ^^
                           http://www.perp-kill.net/related/749

reminds me of that time i had to get a reimbursement for my old Tyrannos because of Lag while fighting NPCs on beta.

But yeah, if the game gets Greenlit, the lag is something that will need to be taken care of!

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

4 (edited by Burial 2012-10-05 06:21:55)

I sometimes lag and sometimes not, haven't seen anything bad happen in fights(other then server crash once). I I'm running with 60-150ms ping.

http://www.upload.ee/image/2723727/unbearable-level.jpg

+1

Very serious game breaking bug with PvP in Beta/Gamma.

I had PvPed here for over a year and took a break.  Whatever changed occured in the last few months.

We went from smooth fights with many people up to 100 sometimes with very little issues to 20 guys that are frozen and clients crashing with unplayable lag bombs.

very very bad

please fix and if we can help in any way to demostrate this, just ask

Gunner

the pvp fight we had today (GF to all btw smile spent most of the time suffering from module lag. was a bit odd to see.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

This is not good, takes ages for me to undock sometimes and now this Lag all happening since the engine change.

RIP PERPETUUM

i am pretty sure the countless player buildings, that each have their own accumulator mechanic, are not the reason for any overload of the server. 200 defense turrets, each an idividual "NPC" is probably not as much as EVE drone spwarms, but who knows...

tower defense games also never start to drop framerates towards the end of the level big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

+1 the fight from last night was great but the lag was terrabad then my client crash wtf are u guys doing Ive have move crashes and lag since I came back last month then I ever did a year ago ffs fix it

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

As was reported with lag lines , there is no such things (swept under the rug)

hermit wrote:

As was reported with lag lines , there is no such things (swept under the rug)

actually those were fixed i thought ... unless they made a come back smile

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Annihilator wrote:

i am pretty sure the countless player buildings, that each have their own accumulator mechanic, are not the reason for any overload of the server. 200 defense turrets, each an idividual "NPC" is probably not as much as EVE drone spwarms, but who knows...

tower defense games also never start to drop framerates towards the end of the level big_smile

this lag occurs on beta and gamma. my guess is still that something weird is going on with the explosions, i.e., the aoe damage. this is basically an issue that affects everyone. when you engage, you never know who will lag out. very frustrating. please fix this as fast as you can

13 (edited by mqx 2012-10-05 16:29:35)

*accidentally a douplepost*

its not just on beta / gamma, even on alpha side there are lagspikes - mostly near/in static spawns.
They came up the same time as the issue with the lag lines and got even worse over the past few months.

last couple of fights, no problems at all

most of our guys still seemed to have issues. devs, can we get a comment on this? this wasnt an issue before gamma ... something changed in that patch and it needs to be fixed!

hey remember "lag lines" yeah that took the devs months to see "oh wait there is a problem ok we will look into it"

Dont hold ya breath tongue

serveur down?

yup

On a positive note, I received a reply to the ticket related to the server problems.

I wasn't even able to logout, when I tried it put my account into the black terminal thing, and I tried to logout again and now just have a black screen.

I wasn't even able to logout, when I tried it put my account into the black terminal thing, and I tried to logout again and now just have a black screen.

I have experienced to forms of lag.  One is definately when a bot explodes and plants crumble.  This also happens a bit when the wind blows and the plants die.  The other time is when there are a lot of objects rendering on the terrain window. 

Now if you get 20 players on the screen, bots exploding, plants dying, and you are near Gamma base, well you can just sit back and hope that all is well when the Nia dust settles.

Put 1000 people on one gamma island and I think the underwear on the server-doll will rupture.

Some people play checkers, some play chess...  Once in a while you can find a guy playing GO.  The former is prey, the secondary is a teacher, and the latter is a general.