Topic: Zenith's lockrange

Hi again.
I'm here to post this needless topic, which will change nothing, interested only by me and so on...
Basicaly I noticed that on high-skills, Zenith's lock range much less than optimal range of suppressors/ECMs because of bonuses. It means that you MUST HAVE sensor amplifier on board. There are no logical fit variants for zeniths without sensor amplifier.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: Zenith's lockrange

Other ewars have the same problem tbh so it's not only zenith.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Hunter wrote:

Hi again.
I'm here to post this needless topic, which will change nothing, interested only by me and so on...
Basicaly I noticed that on high-skills, Zenith's lock range much less than optimal range of suppressors/ECMs because of bonuses. It means that you MUST HAVE sensor amplifier on board. There are no logical fit variants for zeniths without sensor amplifier.

Range fit Grohpo same problem....nothing is needed here...

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

4 (edited by Annihilator 2012-10-05 10:21:21)

Merkle wrote:
Hunter wrote:

Hi again.

Range fit Grohpo same problem....nothing is needed here...

you say it, range fit, thats something different then extensions only.

Gropho lock range: 510m
Gropho Missile range with T4 launcher: 468m
Gropho Missile range with T4 launcher + HeatIX: 546m

use the right example - Waspish has a range bonus, and with it and T4 launcher, it exceeds its locking range by 9m with regular missiles. or a tyrannos...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

But if you could lock up to your maximum module range, what would you do with your remote sensor amplifying alt?  What you speak off would not encourage people to use multiple accounts so it's a big no no.

+1
-Confucius

indeed, who fits a sensor amp on his expensive ewar mech anyway - Spider-RSA is the way to go.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Kaldenines wrote:

What you speak off would not encourage people to use multiple accounts so it's a big no no.

But that's exactly the intension of the DEVs - a multiplayer game not a "One player - multiple account" game.

Sorry for being offtopic, had to let it out...

Many
Mults
Operations
Rage
Producing
Game

bump

Why the crybabies wins?

The only thing, what i dislike in ew mechs, is a vitality of vagabond. Unlike kain and mesmer, vagabond completely unable to play anywhere but behind cover, by intended design: low hp, fast base movement speed and repair bonus.
Player used vaga with shield, what is right. Other choice, be it resistance tank, armor tank, or repair tank, barely will help vaga better than shield.
Solution: add more hitpoints, or legslots.

about topic:
I think it nothing to worry about: long distance-less modules to use. Close distance-more modules to use. because distance=advantage. Pretty well balanced.

It was actual before maskers introducing.

Why the crybabies wins?

Arjha Shanoo wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

What you speak off would not encourage people to use multiple accounts so it's a big no no.

But that's exactly the intension of the DEVs - a multiplayer game not a "One player - multiple account" game.

Sorry for being offtopic, had to let it out...

What! but then all the EP i've invested into multiple accounts and all the time spent setting up that multiboxing program would be wasted! I want my money back!

+1
-Confucius

The devs like it very much that people have multiple accounts, otherwise there would be atleast some measures to put these players at disadvantage. Sad but true.

Sadly I can't continue our cynism roll, Kaldenines... A "sad but true" argument was placed here wrongly by someone...
Trying to justify this opinion without thinking of the DEVs issues/workloads is really sad but true. Same for still trying to find arguments for Devs liking multi accounting after they already shared their opinion -> look here:
http://forumos.perpetuum-onlrine.com/post/72074/#p72074

B2T, sorry but can someone explain me why a fit without sensor amps should be necessary to gain the maximum possible optimal EW-range? A weapon is always restricted by its own parameters and the abilitiy of its owner - but even if the owner is a master of his arts, a pistol won't ever be able to shoot farther than its own parameters allows.
If the issue here was that even with the right modules fitted (on the bots specifying on the issuing modules here) the optimum range can't be reached, I would undoubtly say, yes you're right, that needs a change.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Ville wrote:

Quick question?  Why would the devs not want you to have more then one account?

Believe it or not, but we don't. It's just the thing that we want to make a multiplayer game with different roles and careers, where no single character is able to fill every role simultaneously.

The reality is that players really do want to do everything by themselves, and they use multiple accounts to achieve this. I believe one of the reasons for this is our low population, because it's hard to find anyone to go with you, let alone someone with a specific skillset.

The reality is that players are really use things in a way that is suitable for them, regardless of initial purpose. That leads to understandings what players need and what they should never have.

The funny thing: If you have not high lvl skills - most probably you wont require help of assistants (RSA/RR etc).

bump to active

Why the crybabies wins?