Topic: Metal Ceramic Bullets

What they are for?

I haven't found a robot+resist combination where they are the best choice.

"Armor Piercing" or "Composite" are always the better choice after "chemoactive" which is always the best but with 50% range penalty.

Even when i look at the component list - they are also seem to be the most expensive/complicated ones to build.

Has any1 suggestion?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Re: Metal Ceramic Bullets

I might be wrong, but they are good against blue ones.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

3 (edited by Annihilator 2012-10-03 16:17:08)

nope, against blue bots, composite is better (only 2 less thermal damage and more chemical damage)

all three non-chemo medium bullets got a total of 44 damage.

after resists you get this on blue: (in brackets if active thermal hardener is equipped)

Armor piercing: 23.97 (23.97)
Metal Ceramic: 29.50 (23.70)
Composite: 31.28 (26.44)

see - composite is even better against the blue bots without additional resists

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

4 (edited by Line 2012-10-03 20:46:23)

Well, you're answered your question, aren't you? With almost no difference against the armor hardeners, Metal Ceramic do more damage than Armor Piercing on blues.

Upd.: Also, compare production material cost on there 3 - which is cheaper? Which is easier to get resources for?

Metal ceramic has same components as composite, but more of them.... so its cheaper to
build composites.

why would it matter if MC bullets are better then AP, when both of them are worse then Compo?

and btw, 4 of 6 possible blue targets (mech, HM) got a thermal hardener fit, and if not they got a unihardener.

6 (edited by Merkle 2012-10-03 21:35:34)

Annihilator wrote:

Metal ceramic has same components as composite, but more of them.... so its cheaper to
build composites.

why would it matter if MC bullets are better then AP, when both of them are worse then Compo?

and btw, 4 of 6 possible blue targets (mech, HM) got a thermal hardener fit, and if not they got a unihardener.

Clearly this guy is up today with the PVP fits that are being used currently....

But...he does kinda have a point?

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Why do you need an ictus to kill any properly fit and skilled green bot?
Why is the Zenith better for ECMing than the Vagabond?
Why do light bots have no function in pvp other than as detector alts?
Why is there no attempt to provide alternatives to the use of follow alts for rsa, repair and energy transfer?
Why is the best place for a nexus always on a follow alt and not your main?
Why do we have mechs that demob from 800m away without line of sight?
Why is it possible to completely wall off islands?
Why is it possible to wall in probes so that they can't be killed (aka why do probes last forever)?
Why is it possible to encase buildings completely in terrain?
Why was armor tanking nerfed when erp was the problem?
Why does the beta island intrusion mechanic revolve entirely around timezone warfare and hour long guarding sessions?
Why are there so many useless but annoying spawns on beta?
Why the *** can you not point your guns at a wall and shoot it unless there is a bot standing behind it?
Why is it that nobody has ever completed the research tree?
Why should industrialts be made to grind spawns for many months before they can produce the modules that are in such high demand?
Why does everything require such ungodly amounts of minerals (i thought we came to Nia for the energy not the matter)?
Why has there never been any advertising for the game?

All these questions and more, pale in comparison with the mystery that is... ceramic bullets wink

+1
-Confucius

Whoa, wait, you mean that if we will find an answer on metal ceramic bullets question, we will get an answer to everything in this world and a pack of Higgs bozons as a bonus?

while it is totally off-topic, i will answer you all your question as good as possible.

Kaldenines wrote:

Why do you need an ictus to kill any properly fit and skilled green bot?
Because the accumulator recharge bonus of the tyrannos was not adjusted to the shields (which are IMHO now are working as intended on everything but a tyrannos)

Why is the Zenith better for ECMing than the Vagabond?
because of the more slots of the Zenith, the must-have of LWF on the squishy EWAR mechs and probably the implementation of ECM Tunings. Though, other, more PvP experience Agents disagree with you
Why do light bots have no function in pvp other than as detector alts?
because they cost only a fraction of a heavy mech
Why is there no attempt to provide alternatives to the use of follow alts for rsa, repair and energy transfer?
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/72074/#p72074
Why is the best place for a nexus always on a follow alt and not your main?
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/72074/#p72074
Why do we have mechs that demob from 800m away without line of sight?
you got your own topic about that
Why is it possible to completely wall off islands?
Sandbox
Why is it possible to wall in probes so that they can't be killed (aka why do probes last forever)?
Sandbox + probes don't need to be powered like i wrote when i suggested them in my topic
Why is it possible to encase buildings completely in terrain?
Sandbox, no LoS restriction for the hundreds of connections between buildings
Why was armor tanking nerfed when erp was the problem?
because the numbers on the repair tunings looked to high
Why does the beta island intrusion mechanic revolve entirely around timezone warfare and hour long guarding sessions?
because gankstyle PvP is fun
Why are there so many useless but annoying spawns on beta?
beacause they are everywhere
Why the *** can you not point your guns at a wall and shoot it unless there is a bot standing behind it?
shooting plants is evil
Why is it that nobody has ever completed the research tree?
nobody that is currently ingame...
Why should industrialts be made to grind spawns for many months before they can produce the modules that are in such high demand?
beats me
Why does everything require such ungodly amounts of minerals (i thought we came to Nia for the energy not the matter)?
beats me
Why has there never been any advertising for the game?
beats me

All these questions and more, pale in comparison with the mystery that is... ceramic bullets wink

i would add another mystery queston: when did "Line" learn to write so well in english?

Annihilator wrote:

i would add another mystery queston: when did "Line" learn to write so well in english?

Played Fallout 2 much big_smile

Back to topic: It's hard to answer your question. Bullets are "non-racial" weapons and have very strange stats. Seems to be an another example of perfect hungarian logic.

P.S. My cat like to add: 7766666666q