26 (edited by TheEchoInside 2011-06-29 16:54:51)

Re: High-Rez World Map Image

Hmm, I could definitely use it in getting around myself. I'll fiddle around and see what I can do smile

*edit*

Also, anyone want to see anything else on the map?

Here's the work in progress:
http://theechoinside.com/artdisplaytemp … umWIP2.jpg

There will be two versions, one print and one for screen. The print version will have some tweaks to make it more printer friendly, the screen version will have smaller text. The print version will be poster sized (2 versions of that too due to paper sizes, one for North America, one for the rest of the world =P)

It'll have a bot type weakness/strength table of some kind attached (still figuring that out). And I'll have an optional second page listing terminal/outpost facilities.

Anything else people really want? Or any thoughts on the current design, etc?

Also, anything that's said/suggested more than a day after this post, no guarantees it'll make it in, because I'll have already started doing the rest of the map =P

Thanks!

Quick note: this side-feature is broken in the current version of the client because the map would require itself to be ~10000*20000 pixels large, so I think I would need to break it up into pieces to be able to render it.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

DEV Gargaj wrote:

Quick note: this side-feature is broken in the current version of the client because the map would require itself to be ~10000*20000 pixels large, so I think I would need to break it up into pieces to be able to render it.

i never got what this feature does or produces...

I always crashed during building it.. dam low memory. tongue

A big image that you could use - in your application, as a wallpaper or a dart target - where to attack next.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Gargaj:
renderislandmap [ISLANDNAME/ID NUMBER]
This should render either the island you are on or the island select by the ID (Optional parameter)

Can you do that?

Alexander wrote:

Gargaj:
renderislandmap [ISLANDNAME/ID NUMBER]
This should render either the island you are on or the island select by the ID (Optional parameter)

Can you do that?

i support this idea
+1

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Bumping this for the attention I'd reckon it deserves ^^

is there any chance there is some sort of update for this? that include all the new islands that got added? i want to make a world map which clearly identifies the pvp zones to pve zones with colour codes as well as to which teleports go where... I think this would be very helpfull to the various corps that are out in the game as well....

If any devs see this, pls make another pnp image of the islands again!!! pretty please!!!

You know what really grinds my gears?

How using the in game world map...it loads every other island im not on first, adding the one im on as last to load.  Makes quickly checking my map a total pain sometimes.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

37 (edited by Annihilator 2012-09-20 11:25:45)

Stranger Danger wrote:

You know what really grinds my gears?

How using the in game world map...it loads every other island im not on first, adding the one im on as last to load.  Makes quickly checking my map a total pain sometimes.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … interface/
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ap-filter/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

still would like an external map that i can print off and make tactical plans big_smile

just wanted to give this a friendly bumb in hopes that a dev will reply with some info on weather or not we'll ever see a world map .jpg or pnp or in a bmp format