1 (edited by Hunter 2012-09-24 07:58:27)

Topic: The theory of mutual interests.

I'm sure that many people are wondering: Why in this game so bad relationships between the opponents?

Answer: All the people at the same time are friends and enemies, polite and rude, honest and traitors. It all depends on the presence of mutual interests.
If it is, the community will be at their best. If not - hatred, lies, and all mortal sins.

No reason to ask the players to be more honest - because the atmosphere of the game sets them against each other. Current codes of conduct won't work too.

If the DeVs want to see more good qualities of people than bad - they will give mutual interest.

There are nothing to do together, but always finds the reasons for war.

P.S. I'm not ask for some changes, actions or something else. Just saying.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Re: The theory of mutual interests.

wat

Communities are bad because trolling is very popular and cool right now.

i think i understand what he wants to say, but i don't care to translate big_smile
- i also think i know what could be done to make it better - but writing it down here would be: wasted effort.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Burial wrote:

Communities are bad because trolling is very popular and cool right now.

i resent what you just said

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

My job here is done. big_smile

Burial wrote:

My job here is done. big_smile

u know your only making things worse tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

8 (edited by Line 2012-09-24 21:39:40)

Well, hes right, but not, actually. There is alots of enemies that are respectable to each other - it's all matter of reputation you created for yourself.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

I understand?

http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=249533

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

Line wrote:

Well, hes right, but not, actually. There is alots of enemies that are respectable to each other - it's all matter of reputation you created for yourself.

Me and Line are enemys; However, when I see on the forums he needed something I helped him out.  Not all the trolls are morally corrupt some of us might actually be well you know, do it because of the great lolz or even better Internet Space Robots meet Vodka.

One thing that might help you Hunter is being less of a whiney cry baby.  You take things too serious and are always the first to butthurt town!  Loosen up a little drink some Vodka and free ball in the computer chair some you might enjoy internet space robots some more.  Speak of that boobies are approaching me ttyl.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

What Ville said. You should be a completely arsehole to get into a situation when people are unwilling to help you, and even that can be changed somehow. Otherwise, you may ask ANY troll for help (even me lol), and he will gladly help you in an emergency.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

all i see is "troll troll troll troll troll OMG THE COMMUNITY IS EVIL QQ" tongue

But i agree with vile & line wink

You are all insane
Have a nice day smile

+1
-Confucius

Bump for the Blackout while he in rage. smile

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

What would happen if a rogue malevolent inter-dimensional perp server tried to take over our Nia?

Do you think our mutual interest would see this server collaborate and defeat the dark ones?:fuuu:

hump for wodka!

Times change, goals change, people change.  I once hated the very people I would now give up a Sunday evening with the family to sit back drink beer and listen to sound board clips.

I agree with the OP.

What you are talking about, OP is player policy. It isn't up to development to make it or enforce it.

If there was something Development could do in this dimension of the game, it would be to template a corporate page here on the forums, for each Corporation that is in the GargaJ graph. It would be up to the corporation to decide what policies were transparent and what policies were classified. This could include Blue and red lists, Research trees, all political and trade affiliations.

Mostly what you are talking about is 'politics' and it adds a dimension to the game. The problem is, we don't always know the politics of the politics.

I'm going to use Joke and CIR as an example. They reset not too long ago and it seemed to be a shake hands and walk away affair. Then there appeared to be a betrayal where Joke lost and undisclosed cargo Scarab while trying to evac Beta. On the surfaceit appears that CIR stabbed Joke in the back but we have no information on agreements and how that whole situation went down.

A public corp page would allow for transparent policy and public relations guidelines on such political aspects of gameplay.

tl:dr most 'bad' player behaviour is rooted in misinformation.

role play good guys

role play bad guys

I am not aware of many people who genuinely dislike the opponents.  At least not I.

I just stir *** up to get fights. about it

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rage Blackout wrote:

role play good guys

role play bad guys

I am not aware of many people who genuinely dislike the opponents.  At least not I.

This is correct.  We still love you Jita and Smokeyii.  *** Cherno, annoying ***.

Ville wrote:
Rage Blackout wrote:

role play good guys

role play bad guys

This is correct.  We still love you Jita and Smokeyii.  *** Cherno, annoying ***.

*** Serpens too. The rest is correct.

Skydell wrote:

I'm going to use Joke and CIR as an example. They reset not too long ago and it seemed to be a shake hands and walk away affair. Then there appeared to be a betrayal where Joke lost and undisclosed cargo Scarab while trying to evac Beta. On the surfaceit appears that CIR stabbed Joke in the back but we have no information on agreements and how that whole situation went down.

Where do people get this stuff from?

Nothing of the sort happened. We left amicably and since the situation has soured because of personalities, not actions.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Skydell wrote:

Where do people get this stuff from?

Nothing of the sort happened. We left amicably and since the situation has soured because of personalities, not actions.

Well, he already wrote it down in his own post:

Skydell wrote:

tl:dr most 'bad' player behaviour is rooted in misinformation.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

Word Vomit

Its you. You are the mutual cancer we can all hate.