Topic: Perpetuum Artifact Hunter

Perpetuum Artifact Hunter: http://sequer.nl/artifact-hunter

Similar to Scan1App, but web-based, this tool will help you find artifacts. Using trilateration (funky math, not even the Hungarian kind!), this will calculate artifact location based on 3 scan points. It's session based, so closing the browser will discard results.

If three scans don't yield a result, enlarge a scan by a few meters. Just double click a scan to modify it. Also, it's more of a techdemo right now, stitching screenshots is slow and boring as ***. New Virginia is on par with how I want things to look.

Re: Perpetuum Artifact Hunter

Very nice, would be great to see beta islands etc as well smile

i would ask the perp planner guy for assistance - he was able to extract most data from the gbf. i think the highway information is there too

to bad that the game internal export tool is broken atm due to the sheer size of the worldmap

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I still cringe Everytime thinking about using a third party script in order to gain an advantage over those who don't.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

I still cringe Everytime thinking about using a third party script in order to gain an advantage over those who don't.

You mean basic math skills and compasses? Because that's what this is essentially. Also, welcome to the sandbox.

Doek wrote:

Also, welcome to the sandbox.

Yeah some people said that too and got banned for a month.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

If you need a third party tool to do something in game competitively (spreadsheets don't count) then something is clearly broken.

Still a good tool.

If anyone is interested in seeing how these artifact finding things work, i worked it out in a spreadsheet.  It's not very pretty but it works more or less anywhere.  If anyone actually looks at it, let me know and I'll go back and make it a bit more readable and document a bit of what's going on.  https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0t7Y- … jc3TmhzWU0

Basically you need 3 scans from fairly different locations.  You plug in your coordinates at each of the scans and the distance your scans resulted and you get a artifact coordinates. 

Keep in mind that the coords given are only approximate.  The way these solutions work is to draw a circle around each of the scan points with a radius equal to the distance reported in the scan.  Depending on how the scans are oriented, the circles don't intersect at a single point but rather, bound a region in the center.  I'm currently pondering how to deduce the error of any particular reading but I'm not quite there yet.  (i'm aware that someone has probably already solved this, but I like solving puzzles.)

Again, here's the link to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0t7Y- … jc3TmhzWU0

p.s.  Also, i doubt the sheet will work in google docs so you'll probably need to download a copy for yourself to play with it.

There's the link to the trilateration (not triangulation, this has nothing with angles) article on Wikipedia in the first post, explaining the basic math.

Or, just the raw code:

http://sequer.nl/?a=wiki-view&p=Raw … lateration

The coordinates are actually more than approximate. If your geoscanner has 100% accuracy, this method will always return the exact coordinates.

Jasdemi wrote:

If you need a third party tool to do something in game competitively (spreadsheets don't count) then something is clearly broken.

Still a good tool.

Nothing is broken when the need arises to use third party tools, its just using them usually makes the actual problem. Building third party tools also gets you committed to the game as well as sharing them can keep a player community together.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

Still a good tool.

Nothing is broken when the need arises to use third party tools, its just using them usually makes the actual problem. Building third party tools also gets you committed to the game as well as sharing them can keep a player community together.

can someone share with me his mining macros and the audio warning when a red dot appears on the radar? i would really appreciate his commitment to the game!

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Celebro wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

Still a good tool.

can someone share with me his mining macros and the audio warning when a red dot appears on the radar? i would really appreciate his commitment to the game!

roll Not all third party tools are macros. trololol

RIP PERPETUUM

13 (edited by Doek 2013-04-04 13:15:43)

I've made a few tweaks and changes:

- added all islands (most of them have one layer now, with grid and passable terrain/highways)
- adding a scan when you have existing artifacts (series) scans automatically fills the form, so you can quickly enter distances
- you can now delete all scans of a (presumably found) artifact with one click

Some more changes:
- the site now attempts to refresh the session every 5 minutes, meaning you can keep the browser open for a few hours and come back to your results still being there. Closing your browser still means clearing the results.
- not filling out distances no longer adds the scan result without a distance.

Do yourselves a favor if you use an non in game tool, it's very easy to populate information from the program that gets sent to others on the web, I've always been Leary and I will admit I have not tried Doeks arti scanner, but I know with the doom app when I scanned with it I always used alpha islands and correlated it with coordinates on Beta Islands/ Gamma Island.  I'm not saying Doeks version does this.  Doeks actually doing a great thing, but just remember protect yourself practice safe scanning.

thx cool

I love this program. but why is it slow on my 64bit chrome?