Re: The Slow Painful death of Small scale PVP

B> If I wanted to kill noobs I would go camp the telleports with a detector and an assault logged off. That is not a Good fight.
C> If I wanted to kill miners I would go scan for the ore and loggoffski with a mech on a spot and over watch with detector. LOL could do both B&C with 3 accounts smile
D> I know how to move in and out of places with out being spotted ask Ville "Ninja vanish" and he has 3 detectors looking for me and I still escaped.
E> If I wanted PVP on a platter I would just put a base up beside the NEBS one and Undock up cliff. LOL was great work Chaos. Had me LOLing looking at pics.

All of the above points are kinda of counter intuitive of what your arguing.

What your arguing now is that its not the kind of PVP that you want.

You rail against the log off trap then you say you can easily pull one off, which is it?
Use the great resources that you have already and you will see PVP and kills will start to pay off. Together you can pull off some major kills, with out the "blob" as you would call it.  It's mainly a perception issue, its all how you look at it my friend. 

Keep Pewing and keep you head up.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

27 (edited by Merkle 2012-09-22 04:54:07)

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

double post FTW ?:D

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Oh shut up...

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Oh shut up...

Who loves ya baby tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Daddy Does

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Hehe, now dam it stop trolling this is clearly a serious thread.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

m2s still exist? lol

34 (edited by Malsier Dabian 2012-09-23 16:01:38)

Personally on PvP.

I am glad that Smaller corps and players who do not belong to HUGE alliances and Corps have the opertunity to explore and Build Colonies on Gammas.

Unlike in Eve, we don't need to be Part of Goonswarm, Razor, AAA, Or one of the other Huge alliances that owns everything, and if your not with a huge alliance, Kiss any type of Higher level game activity goodby.

The fact that No matter who you are in Perpetuum, you can do EVERYTHING, is one of the reasons I love this game, THAT IS Balance.

Why can you do this?

For many of the same reasons you are listing as bad. IE, Terra forming in particular. I can make the island a pain in the *** for any larger corporation to come and hassle Mine. it evens the playing field, yea you might have 100 people, But I will make you loose Billions upon Billions in Bots and Months of time trying to get to our colony.

Which is the point.

I do not like games where the little guy has no avenue or ability to play the entire Game, and must resort to reliance on some large PvP corporation.

If a player does not want to pvp, but desires to experience the rest of the game (With the OPTION to pvp), this should be allowed, and in Perpetuum it is through terra-forming.

I support being able to ring teles with teleporters and set up 1000's of turrets and defensive ravines. it means the next blob corp with 100 alts in combat mechs actually needs to think about Is it worth it? Before he tries to take on the 20 man corp who just built their colony on the island next to him.

Other then that I don't really care about the rest of the post as I have no issues with any of it, and I think ganking bots/ships that can't shoot back at you is cowardly and generally means you probably suck at pvp. The very same reason I leave smaller corps alone as well, if you know your going to win or ROFL face stomp someone), where is the challenge? And if there's no challenge wheres the fun? I am not into griefing and find it distasteful and immature, something a school ground bully with the mentality of a 12 year old would do because he realizes he sucks and can't really fight anyone anywhere near his level because he'd loose.

Just my 2 cents.

@Malsier

The reason you can play on Gamma right now and carebear risk free is mainly due to low population. Being able to wall off teles and beacon every path certainly helps avoid PvP. But if you think a 20 man carebear corp dug in on Gamma should stop a 100 man PvP corp you're wrong. Enjoy while it lasts and get ready to pay your future landlords. With population you will see mega alliances, naps and pets accross Gamma.

Sparking to other games

Malsier Dabian wrote:

Personally on PvP.

I am glad that Smaller corps and players who do not belong to HUGE alliances and Corps have the opertunity to explore and Build Colonies on Gammas.

Unlike in Eve, we don't need to be Part of Goonswarm, Razor, AAA, Or one of the other Huge alliances that owns everything, and if your not with a huge alliance, Kiss any type of Higher level game activity goodby.

The fact that No matter who you are in Perpetuum, you can do EVERYTHING, is one of the reasons I love this game, THAT IS Balance.

Why can you do this?

For many of the same reasons you are listing as bad. IE, Terra forming in particular. I can make the island a pain in the *** for any larger corporation to come and hassle Mine. it evens the playing field, yea you might have 100 people, But I will make you loose Billions upon Billions in Bots and Months of time trying to get to our colony.

Which is the point.

I do not like games where the little guy has no avenue or ability to play the entire Game, and must resort to reliance on some large PvP corporation.

If a player does not want to pvp, but desires to experience the rest of the game (With the OPTION to pvp), this should be allowed, and in Perpetuum it is through terra-forming.

I support being able to ring teles with teleporters and set up 1000's of turrets and defensive ravines. it means the next blob corp with 100 alts in combat mechs actually needs to think about Is it worth it? Before he tries to take on the 20 man corp who just built their colony on the island next to him.

Other then that I don't really care about the rest of the post as I have no issues with any of it, and I think ganking bots/ships that can't shoot back at you is cowardly and generally means you probably suck at pvp. The very same reason I leave smaller corps alone as well, if you know your going to win or ROFL face stomp someone), where is the challenge? And if there's no challenge wheres the fun? I am not into griefing and find it distasteful and immature, something a school ground bully with the mentality of a 12 year old would do because he realizes he sucks and can't really fight anyone anywhere near his level because he'd loose.

Just my 2 cents.

Careful, you may make your self a target....people like to attack those that have a brain and a opinion.

2nd Top Killer 2012
02: 061 -- 353 -- 292 : Xadhoom

"Annihilator no fix for crashes when fighting burial/merkle/xadhoom ?"

Malsier Dabian wrote:

Personally on PvP.

Why can you do this?

Which is the point.

Just my 2 cents.

Bears can go to wormhole space and do exactly what you describe, only with more balance.

Xadhoom wrote:

Careful, you may make your self a target....people like to attack those that have a brain and a opinion.

this is a very true statement.

Malsier Dabian wrote:

I am not into griefing and find it distasteful and immature, something a school ground bully with the mentality of a 12 year old would do because he realizes he sucks and can't really fight anyone anywhere near his level because he'd loose.

Just my 2 cents.

Soon™

Lemon wrote:

You Lose

Undefeated 2013
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Rex Amelius wrote:

@Malsier

The reason you can play on Gamma right now and carebear risk free is mainly due to low population. Being able to wall off teles and beacon every path certainly helps avoid PvP. But if you think a 20 man carebear corp dug in on Gamma should stop a 100 man PvP corp you're wrong. Enjoy while it lasts and get ready to pay your future landlords. With population you will see mega alliances, naps and pets accross Gamma.

Um.. I am not a carebear lol. And yes a 20 man corp can easily destroy 1000 man corp provided their strategy is appropriate to the situation as is their defense and offense. I saw it happen every day in EvE. And if it can happen in eve, it is even more likely here.

Also

Terra forming is only 1 part of a defense. Albeit said defense allows a person to create a network of other defenses. The idea of a smaller corp vs a larger one is to kill the larger corp through attrition, You make them waste their money time and resources on your defenses, while simultaneously hitting their production and supply lines. When they are weakened and batters your 20 man fully geared and tactically minded unit swoops in and destroys their colony which in their arrogance in numbers, was set up like a wet paper bag, and it goes down like one.

The first and last mistake you will ever make in combat is underestimating your opponent and his intelligence.

Sun T'su said:

the man who goes to war thinking he has already won, has in fact already lost. Yet the man who lets war come to him realizing he may loose and planning for such through preparation, has already won.

A larger force does not guarantee victory, A smaller force when used correctly can inflict insurmountable damage upon a larger enemies forces, to the point of crippling the enemy and causing them to withdraw, or if planned correctly annihilating the entire enemy force.

nice theory, but doesnt work in perp. No matter which battlefield, in perp its always "Attrition warfare"

and due to the number games, its more likely that the small corp gives in then the big one. Alone for the fact that the big one is more likely to cover 24h. They can also defend, attack, and collect resources at the same time.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Malsier Dabian wrote:

**stuff**

I like this guy hes got guts!

Sun T'su also said:

Don't assume you're the only one with a copy of my book.

All the best Rambo

Sparking to other games

Malsier Dabian wrote:

*Stuff*

In all seriousness, What you speak of doing with 20 vs 100 and winning is possible. However I will state that probably only by a handful of players is that possible, provided your enemy is *** (which in PO is quite common).

You should tread carefully on making such bold statements as there are many in PO who enjoy making people eat there words.

On the other hand i could name 10 people that when put together would beat your 20 and that 100.

Undefeated 2013

Lemon wrote:

On the other hand i could name 10 people that when put together would beat your 20 and that 100.

with our without dualboxing alts?

sorry, it may sound like a stupid question, but "people" =/= "agents"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I wasn't issuing threats or bragging, I was simply pointing out that underestimating people is a bad idea. Overconfidence is the number 1 killer in war. I also wasn't stating my corp could personally kill a 100 man corp, we might be able to, maybe not, we've also got a lot of powerful friends who may or may not help.

I don't know, I am just a grunt, Either way my post is still true as far as things go, assumptions kill entire armies in  and cause no end of misunderstandings and losses in other ways.

I just think everyone should be mindful of the little guy, you never know when they may have a nuke up their sleeve especially in perpetuum.

PS. "My corp is like 50 people or something so were not small but not huge either, and none of this really applies to us anyway "I don't think".

Careful, he could be the guy that brings his 300 man corp over from eve

48 (edited by Rex Amelius 2012-09-25 19:15:22)

Grazskin wrote:

Careful, he could be the guy that brings his 300 man corp over from eve

PLEASE DO!!!

Game needs population, and the more PvPers, the better.

Sparking to other games