Topic: Scarab indy bonus

Scarab nexus bonus is useless.
If i have park of 4 indy guys i will fit 4 rivellers, and after i done i will haul ore with 4 scarabs. Use 1 scarab for nexus and 3 rivs for mining is not effective.
If i have a park of 40 rivellers, i will put nexus on 1 riveller and put 3 scarabs for hauling, because its most effective.

Put another bonus. f.e. speed bonus.

2 (edited by Annihilator 2012-09-14 17:19:20)

Re: Scarab indy bonus

Which parameter of the Scarab makes sense at all?

Big, slow and extreme expensive bot - vs. - less hitpoints then a castel.
750 hitpoints @ 12m hitsize @ masses of noralgis and epriton

-> 1% hitpoints per industrial robot control pushes HP to 825
-> -0.3 hitsize per glider robot control brings Hitsize to 9
-> 5% repaired hitpoints p. adv. robotics
-> 5% demob resist p. adv. robotics demob immunity...
1 legslot, 4 headslots, two universal torso slots

-> either shield, or lwf or plate or self repair
-> not enough accumulator for RR
-> not a single reason to fit a weapon:
- no visual range
- no hitpoints
- no lockrange
- no sensor strength
- did i already mention the low hitpoints?

-> nexus bonus as mentioned from Alexadar makes no sense on hauler in a system where you mine into a container, not the hauler itself. Also, its almost impossible to run both mining nexus on same scarab, if you dont pump accumulator into it (either sacrificing legslot, or transfer energy to it)

Last but not least - the fact that its a "glider" hovering above the ground. I would like to hear from the DEVs if glider stay to be simply mechs without visual contact to the ground...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

I would like to hear from the DEVs if glider stay to be simply mechs without visual contact to the ground...

I wish the glider would simply fly over stage 1 - 2 plants, sadly thats not the case. sad

+1 for replace Indu Nexus Bonus on Scarab

As Scarab is haul bot, there would be only use for speed nexus bonus, but that would increase scarab speed with nexus above Lithus speed. The only reason I would use a scarab for Nexus support on mining op is, if it would get Fast Extractor Nexus Bonus and I have >10 Riveler on spot.

I have no problem, with Scarab role beeing limited to haul large amounts.

BTW Indu nexus itself is only reasonable for those who are not capstabel at all during mining without nexus, as for all other cases your usually fine with Recharge Nexus and Fast Extractor. Maybe if that would change, there would be some better place for Bot with Indu Nexus Bonus

i think, +2% cargo bonus will fit well

The industrial nexus would make sense in a situation where you had to fill all your low slots on the mining bots for defense - aka plates, resist and repair - and not having shield + recharger as ultimate best solution for low-cycletime + defense.

also, the low defense of the scarab itself also cancels out that solution anyway.

IMHO best solution would be if they switched the "hitsize" bonus to avdv. robotics, and instead make give glider control a float hight delta that would enable floating over obstacles.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Alexadar wrote:

Scarab nexus bonus is useless.
If i have park of 4 indy guys i will fit 4 rivellers, and after i done i will haul ore with 4 scarabs. Use 1 scarab for nexus and 3 rivs for mining is not effective.
If i have a park of 40 rivellers, i will put nexus on 1 riveller and put 3 scarabs for hauling, because its most effective.

Put another bonus. f.e. speed bonus.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/4256/scarab/

I don't mean to pry or anything but a long time ago, this idiot, err well something did say something about the scarab.  I at least tend to agree with him on this one, and this did seem to be well before the release of the bot as well.

I agree that the scarab bonus seem to be a bit weird, but again, I do think the Dev's talents need to be else where first.

IE: Do this later Dev's don't make this a priority.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Alexadar wrote:

i think, +2% cargo bonus will fit well

+1

Best possible replacement.

I would have a even better idea -

scarab would be perfect CONSTRUCTION bot if it had a accumulator reduction + cycletime bonus for construction modules.

like -10% accu consumption per cycle (aka hungarian math -100% =  half the consumption)

Annihilator wrote:

I would have a even better idea -

scarab would be perfect CONSTRUCTION bot if it had a accumulator reduction + cycletime bonus for construction modules.

like -10% accu consumption per cycle (aka hungarian math -100% =  half the consumption)

Very good suggestion. It will be very much atmospheric. But it will be work only with 60% cycletime reduction, to be better than symb mk2 with 6 rechargers and nexus and 5 construction units.

For me: its better than i proposed.