1 (edited by Balfizar 2012-09-15 02:21:51)

Topic: Davs = epic fail/terraforming

thats right im calling u out devs!!!!

What on earth were u thinking? Basically theres no rules or restrictions no balance! You have people terraforming in teles on Rhaoshan and prob else where so they can *** it up and carebear with no risk all day long. I remember this thing called walls and they were everywhere. These same people gaying it up raged on countless threads "no fair no fair wheres the balance!" So the wise devs said fine we will make them decay. Once again these complainers rejoiced and praised the devs. Yet now we have the same problem with terraforming. People closing off entire island but theres no complaint from these same people b/c now its in there favor. I ask you Devs wheres the balance? Is this what you are going for? Islands completely closed off no risk yet billions of NIC in rewards? With walls you could shoot them/blow them up and many other counters but short from terraforming there are no counter to it. I thought this was suppose to be a hardcore PVP game not sit in safety all day and not worry game.

Solutions:
terraforming can only be done 8k in a circle around ur OP
terraforming is not allowed 4k from shore lines
plasma bombs can tunnel through terraformed areas letting u get behind it

I sure more of u can come up with better ideas but these are just a few. Thx for listening! Also thx to those who live on Gamma that arent taking advantage/exploiting this aspect of the game

KEEP PVP ALIVE!

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

Re: Davs = epic fail/terraforming

Balfizar wrote:

terraforming can only be done 8k in a circle around ur OP

And how would you prepare to set down an outpost?

I would say decaying terraforming, but that would be veeeery bad for people who want sandcastles while not abusing the system.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

WB Balfizar...

very great insight... range restrictions around xyz are the best soultion you could think off?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Yeah that's right DAVS you tell that Dav Balfizar!  I agree with Balfizar it kills pvp and you guys really screwed Kentagura Alliance with walls!  WTB Hunter new rage proverb!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

well balfizar i have to agree this kills your pirate style pvp as you are used to it.

just look at the killboard. nebs, stc and chaos + some others had and most likely will have a lot of fun with it. so your opinion seams a litte bit one sided.

yes it kills the pvp when you want tu run around enemy land and shoot what you can while you escape when forces are showing up. but this is not beta. look at the point when you want to attack a state. you can not go in there and kill a few ppl and take their stuff. the goverment will not like that.

well back to this game. there still are ways to do so. but they are not that easy. they require a bit prepration and you have to adept to the situation. but we had exact the same discussions months ago. yes with the walls and yes with the terraforming as well. try to adept and all is fine. cry more and it will not matter. where there is a will there is a way but that way you have to find for yourselves. but its not taht hard to figure it out. an yes, no easy ganking on gamma if the residents choose to do so. and that is fine.

Well Balf, thanks for pointing out the obvious.  A few of us on the forum and in the dev's listening exercise (there's a recording of it somewhere) tried to point out the same really obvious problems but unfortunately by the time we were doing that, most pvpers had already stopped playing.  The ones who were left were in a minority and, it seems, ignored.  The devs are assuming that what a few vocal corp leaders want is representative of what all people who would ever play perpetuum would want.  The result: a tiny population.

+1
-Confucius

Zortarg Calltar wrote:

yes it kills the pvp when you want tu run around enemy land and shoot what you can while you escape when forces are showing up. but this is not beta. look at the point when you want to attack a state. you can not go in there and kill a few ppl and take their stuff. the goverment will not like that.

ummm.....special forces? seal teams do it all the time....

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     

Kaldenines wrote:

Well Balf, thanks for pointing out the obvious.  A few of us on the forum and in the dev's listening exercise (there's a recording of it somewhere) tried to point out the same really obvious problems but unfortunately by the time we were doing that, most pvpers had already stopped playing.  The ones who were left were in a minority and, it seems, ignored.  The devs are assuming that what a few vocal corp leaders want is representative of what all people who would ever play perpetuum would want.  The result: a tiny population.

So what your saying is the devs dont want there own game to succeed or there just generally ***? Well fear not my wee tiny Kaldenines I shall be vocal!!! Sure steam green light is great and will bring in new players. But how many can the devs imagine to retain if all they do is hinder pvp? I would Imagine most generally join this game for pvp as its suppose to be a full loot hardcore pvp game. When they go try to do roams ect and keep seeing walled off teles and no ways to fight anyone then there just going to leave again and you will be stuck with this small population of indy carbear *** again. So lets just go ahead and call this single player/co-op game and make every island a alpha now and finally put the last nail in the coffin for this game........

Hey 62nd failure. Stop spamming the forums.

Terrain should SLOWLY(very) revert back to original.

Jasdemi wrote:

Terrain should SLOWLY(very) revert back to original.

if you think so - then why dont i see your +1 in there:
http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … mentation/

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

http://www.upload.ee/image/2677124/rhaoshan.jpg big_smile

14 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-09-16 04:52:23)

man yet again no one seen how Tfing would be ab(used) OH WAIT we told the devs even b4 it came out how the players would be able to abuse it.

People should be able to wall them selves in if they wish but doing it just around TPs is a joke.

Add no TFing within 500m-1000m of the beaches?

Balfizar wrote:

thats right im calling u out devs!!!!

What on earth were u thinking? Basically theres no rules or restrictions no balance! You have people terraforming in teles on Rhaoshan and prob else where so they can *** it up and carebear with no risk all day long. I remember this thing called walls and they were everywhere. These same people gaying it up raged on countless threads "no fair no fair wheres the balance!" So the wise devs said fine we will make them decay. Once again these complainers rejoiced and praised the devs. Yet now we have the same problem with terraforming. People closing off entire island but theres no complaint from these same people b/c now its in there favor. I ask you Devs wheres the balance? Is this what you are going for? Islands completely closed off no risk yet billions of NIC in rewards? With walls you could shoot them/blow them up and many other counters but short from terraforming there are no counter to it. I thought this was suppose to be a hardcore PVP game not sit in safety all day and not worry game.

KEEP PVP ALIVE!

Oh balf you have no idea how many times me & other yelled at the devs about how TFing would be used. So it seems like always some one has to waste time & nic to prove the point. CIR did it with build range around TPs & now we have to prove the point with TFing.

I am in M2S but i agree with you. Sadly the DEVs seem blind neutral

As for not complaining well dude i gave up. Even in the player confrance the issue was brought up but guess what.... DEVs only hear what they want to hear.

Proof from the test server forums: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … raforming/
& yet again: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ng/page/5/

The annoying part for me was i assumed we wouldnt be able to TF down to the beach (in the above thread)

Lemon wrote:

Guys, Gamma will be the same as it is with walls.

Those who want pvp will Terraform to allow it and invite it.

Those who want to carebear will make Helmsdeep.

I for one know that if i get the chance, my island will invite pvp but i will have a cool base at the same time.

He did call it ^_^

TFing atm is swinging way to much to carebear. As the population grows more people will do what we have been testing on Raoshan

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

i really wonder when you have the first island terraformed completely FLAT, and only leaving the wall around Teleports.

Thats was also mentioned some time ago to happen.

Annihilator wrote:

i really wonder when you have the first island terraformed completely FLAT, and only leaving the wall around Teleports.

Thats was also mentioned some time ago to happen.

TBH if some one wants to flatten a whole island. Then power to them. the time it would take is insane lol. I dont think mechanics should stop that.

The real problem is & not to pick on CHAOS but.. If you were to apply the design they have done for Their base & "wrap" that around a TP, no one will ever be able to get onto your island lol.

But the more i think about it the more i have to admit, If you nerf TF to hard or in the wrong way you will severly damage both TF & PBS. Not a good move after what happened last time >_> The Big problem is the longer the devs allow people to do this the more it "could" hurt them in the future.

Just saying

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Keep in mind the people who lock down tp also have to get in and out so they must do alot of work to maintain there "gate" and they also create there own weak points. Gamma basis should not be able to get breached by 2 bots out on a roam

bleu wrote:

Keep in mind the people who lock down tp also have to get in and out so they must do alot of work to maintain there "gate" and they also create there own weak points. Gamma basis should not be able to get breached by 2 bots out on a roam

It is true and actually even now it is very much reachable with small group of people who prepare for it.. of course once the gang gets in we have another thread about turrents and other defences.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

The real problem is & not to pick on CHAOS but.. If you were to apply the design they have done for Their base & "wrap" that around a TP, no one will ever be able to get onto your island lol.

As intended

20 (edited by Celebro 2012-09-16 20:28:19)

Welcome back Balf; yeah gamma is OP for defenders nothing new here, since expansion. Apparently having rules and restrictions take time for the Devs actually realize it's needed, when they do, it's too late. Sandbox does not means lax restrictions.

RIP PERPETUUM

21 (edited by Rex Amelius 2012-09-17 04:33:29)

Too much talk of nerfing in mmos. I think it's better to develop new counters rather than constantly trying to revert back to some old state.

I'd like to see these three things implemented to counter the Cliffs of Insanity at enemy shores:
Jump Jets - ability to bounce over impassable terrain. Balance and give whatever drawbacks to use.
Stealth bot - super high masking, moderately high detecting, perhaps very slow moving and vulnerable, perhaps hover class
Targetable TP - placeable TP that you can jump to with inter and intra island teles. With new 4k sight on TPs I think that could be fair start to balancing that.

With those three introductions terraforming strategy would likely change. No need to nerf.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

Too much talk of nerfing in mmos. I think it's better to develop new counters rather than constantly trying to revert back to some old state.

I'd like to see these three things implemented to counter the Cliffs of Insanity at enemy shores:
Jump Jets - ability to bounce over impassable terrain. Balance and give whatever drawbacks to use.
Stealth bot - super high masking, moderately high detecting, perhaps very slow moving and vulnerable, perhaps hover class
Targetable TP - placeable TP that you can jump to with inter and intra island teles. With new 4k sight on TPs I think that could be fair start to balancing that.

With those three introductions terraforming strategy would likely change. No need to nerf.

While I do agree with a bit of these suggestions, the jump jets as of yet are way far out of the question.

The main reason, and please Dev's correct me if I'm wrong here, is that simply put the game, as of now, only operates on a X and Y axis, there is not a actual Z, or hight axis in the game.

Personally I think this needs to be solved first as this will only hinder later progressions of the game development.

(I'm sure the Dev's can expound upon how this would actually work, and if its actually possible in a relatively short term.)

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Yeah perhaps the z axis is issue but I'm sure the bounce graphic could look fine in 2.5d world.

Another option is self teleportation short distance. Different graphic, same result ...behind enemy lines.

Sparking to other games