1 (edited by Gremrod 2012-09-13 16:48:18)

Topic: Gamma base energy nodes and other nodes

Okay I want to ask anyone that can explain why it works the way it works now.

Nodes right now don't request energy. The source (reactor) is always pumping out energy to the network even if nothing needs it. A turret for example that is on the network and is not consuming it's own accu and it is full is still getting energy sent to it.

So why does it work this way?

I would think if a node needs energy it would request it from the energy node connected to it.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Re: Gamma base energy nodes and other nodes

Just think of it as one of Einstein's formula E=MC(2), but in Hungarian math. tongue

Not sure why either, good question.

RIP PERPETUUM

I would also think that if a building goes into reinforce mode it would shut down and not produce or receive energy

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

Balfizar wrote:

I would also think that if a building goes into reinforce mode it would shut down and not produce or receive energy

Correct.

hmm, on PTS my turrets never got energy transfered unless their buffer was not filled - probably because i always had a good bunch of booster nodes that prevented that my two reactors filled everything else up.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

6 (edited by Gremrod 2012-09-13 19:16:15)

Annihilator wrote:

hmm, on PTS my turrets never got energy transfered unless their buffer was not filled - probably because i always had a good bunch of booster nodes that prevented that my two reactors filled everything else up.

We have seen nodes get energy when they didn't need it. The network/reactor is always pushing out energy.

Why does the reactor constantly push out energy if nothing needs it?

"transfer nodes"  or "dead end" nodes?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Annihilator wrote:

"transfer nodes"  or "dead end" nodes?

A turret would be a dead end node? What do you consider a dead end node?

Transfer nodes, what about them? Shouldn't they only need energy when their accu is empty?

nope
transfer nodes transfer when theres a demand somewhere. their accumulator only fills with excess AP to have a little buffer.

turrets have been dead end on PTS. but not their "boosters", which do consume a reasonable amount of AP with every boost cycle.

10 (edited by Gremrod 2012-09-13 19:35:30)

Annihilator wrote:

nope
transfer nodes transfer when theres a demand somewhere. their accumulator only fills with excess AP to have a little buffer.

turrets have been dead end on PTS. but not their "boosters", which do consume a reasonable amount of AP with every boost cycle.

No boosters involved here. What about backbone nodes? They could be the problem? I have seen their accu doesn't buffer/hold the ac when disconnected.

beats me... to long until the last time had chance to tinker with that system.

it would be logical that every ONLINE building would consume AP (Standby mode is evil)... but i dont see any such parameter on the item info sad

Annihilator wrote:

beats me... to long until the last time had chance to tinker with that system.

it would be logical that every ONLINE building would consume AP (Standby mode is evil)... but i dont see any such parameter on the item info sad

It would make since if the node consumes the energy for a specific reason. Maybe I am missing something.....

power supplies always provide power to their components regardless if the component is using power or not. the power company sends power to your house even if everything in it is turned off ....

dont know if it should work this way in perp but .. the current power mechanics are not bad they are just different.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

power supplies always provide power to their components regardless if the component is using power or not. the power company sends power to your house even if everything in it is turned off ....

dont know if it should work this way in perp but .. the current power mechanics are not bad they are just different.

Yeah not a power expert here. Just was wondering why it works this way. Just not always for making things like they are in real world. But good enough I guess.... smile

Gremrod wrote:

A turret for example that is on the network and is not consuming it's own accu and it is full is still getting energy sent to it.

How do you know this? The turret is getting more energy than it needs, does not make any sense.

Not sure about this, but I think it works more like a network of water pipes The reactor is the pump and sends (energy) water around the network. A water network needs pressure all the time so the reactor(pump) always needs to be ON in order to keep the pressure just in case the 'Turret' needs it.

The reasoning behind is that the Developers thought (wild guess) to make a modular system that's fragile and dependent on one another. Same as with my example.

RIP PERPETUUM

are you sure its power transfered at all?

either the turrets or the energy transmitters info on "network planner" shows how much AP was sent in last cycle. i would check that one first.

Annihilator wrote:

are you sure its power transfered at all?

either the turrets or the energy transmitters info on "network planner" shows how much AP was sent in last cycle. i would check that one first.

I can't look at it right now. I will look at it later tonight to double check.

18 (edited by Gremrod 2012-09-13 20:56:35)

Celebro wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

A turret for example that is on the network and is not consuming it's own accu and it is full is still getting energy sent to it.

How do you know this? The turret is getting more energy than it needs, does not make any sense.

Not sure about this, but I think it works more like a network of water pipes The reactor is the pump and sends (energy) water around the network. A water network needs pressure all the time so the reactor(pump) always needs to be ON in order to keep the pressure just in case the 'Turret' needs it.

The reasoning behind is that the Developers thought (wild guess) to make a modular system that's fragile and dependent on one another. Same as with my example.

If it is working the way that Tux pointed out how power gets to your house, then it would make since that the power flows all the way to the node no matter what node type it is even if it doesn't need the power.

Even wired power transfer causing some energy loss, and here we have wireless one. Well, probably we've discovered that secret techniques of Tesla, but still, that doesn't negate losses, just makes them lesser smile

All energy nodes and reactors sends out energy to fill up the nodes/facilities/turrets, if the turret is full, and the node can send energy to that turret only, it won't send energy (effect still visible). If all the nodes connected to reactor are full then the reactor cannot send out energy, and it will store it.

"Rock is OP. Paper is okay." - Scissors

DEV Alf wrote:

If all the nodes connected to reactor are full then the reactor cannot send out energy, and it will store it.

It is broken then. We have all nodes full and energy is still sending.

Are you taking into account any boosters that are present ? or facility upgrades ?

from what i understand boosters and upgrades always use power

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:

Are you taking into account any boosters that are present ? or facility upgrades ?

from what i understand boosters and upgrades always use power

No boosters or upgrades attached.

no factory or command node either?

Annihilator wrote:

no factory or command node either?

I disconnected the factory nodes to test it. Command relay node doesn't use energy.