Topic: Delete channels due to inactivity

If none entered a channel for 30 days, delete it and remove all permissions.

RECYCLING

IS THE FUTURE!

Re: Delete channels due to inactivity

Jasdemi wrote:

RECYCLING

IS THE FUTURE!

Or if the channel creator Subscription expires ...

+1

This is on our todo.

Lupus Caeli wrote:
Jasdemi wrote:

RECYCLING

IS THE FUTURE!

Or if the channel creator Subscription expires ...

I had that happen. Annoying!

Why don't the DEV's get a couple Members to be Forum Moderators to take some of the small [issues] off their hands to give them more time for things that really matter. I'm sure there would be alot of people who would volunteer.

Would have to be someone the DEV's could trust, so most likely someone thats been around since BETA, and most Forums I've managed before, they can be sectioned to specific Members, so they are basically, "Channel Moderators" and not full Forum Mods.

Makes sense to me.

N0 Clue wrote:

Why don't the DEV's get a couple Members to be Forum Moderators to take some of the small [issues] off their hands to give them more time for things that really matter. I'm sure there would be alot of people who would volunteer.

Would have to be someone the DEV's could trust, so most likely someone thats been around since BETA, and most Forums I've managed before, they can be sectioned to specific Members, so they are basically, "Channel Moderators" and not full Forum Mods.

Makes sense to me.

Probably because if they are working constantly, taking a break and checking out the forums is a huge relief.

Also, when that happens, the devs are pretty much giving random customers responsibility to properly represent their company/product. Having been around since Beta should not give anyone a sense of trust unless said person has personally interacted with devs that they can personally trust to properly represent their requests.

8 (edited by N0 Clue 2012-09-09 13:44:45)

If it was a relief, then it would have been done without this Topic having to be made =P

Also thats why I put that Forums you can Access people to be Mods of certain Topics, ie, cleaning up old Posts in this Section. The DEVs tend to take alot of interest in listening to all their Members, aswell as the BETA Members who currently still play, and know that some of them have Private talks with each other on Game Improvements. So the Option for people to trust is there.

EDIT: Something that I just thought of that I never used with my Websites cause I prefer the "Hands on stuff" is most of them have options to automatically clear up Topics at a set Date that they were last used. Maybe they should see if this can be set up on this site. That way, no need for them to waste their time with it, nor put trust into anyone. Only disadvantage of that would be, Old topics can still be useful whether they are still posted on or not.

9 (edited by Jasdemi 2012-09-09 15:54:49)

What the ***, no clue. Stop derailing my thread. I agree with more mods to keep scum like you from derailing other people's threads.

Uhuh..... End of Discussion.

yeah, i wonder how you got from dead ingame chat channel to forum moderation...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ha, then that would be my bad, thought it was about Old Forum Posts. Sorry for the confusion =P

13 (edited by Burial 2012-09-10 09:25:12)

Give me forum mod and I promise to keep Ville and his alts off the boards, 4eva

Only when I get excessively drunk does my cat like forum posting skills come out.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.