1 (edited by Norrdec 2013-04-26 16:52:30)

Topic: A call to people with spare funds

This is a plea for help for those that can spare a few dollars of their income.

I have a very old computer, which is near death. BSODs, poor performance, name it - I have it.
I am also unlucky to live in Poland - prices for computer hardware are over the top (like in most post-soviet countries...) and with my current money availability I can't get new parts in a timely manner.

I don't live an expensive life, I spend my money for food, my external studies and for rent. I live from hand to mouth and can't really allow myself to go anywhere fancy.

With all of the above said, I humbly ask for even the smallest donations.

http://norrdec.chipin.com/a-new-computer

If you would like to donate directly (without paypal taking a fee from the donation and to omit the 3rd party site) my paypal e-mail is <redacted>

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

2 (edited by Annihilator 2012-08-23 18:37:59)

Re: A call to people with spare funds

i feel with you, i can hardly afford the two perp subs every month nowadays... and i have to find out how to pay stuff for the baby, a new car (because of the baby) , two new PCs...,

and why are the petrol and energy prizes exploding these days?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Here is $10 towards a good cause. I believe it is a good cause considering the circumstances and the modest goal.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

4 (edited by Norrdec 2012-08-23 20:17:55)

Thank you, I really appreciate every one dollar I get!

As for prices, sadly it's because of petrol and, in my opinion, no control over the cost of oil. Now, just EVERYTHING has oil prices in it, one way or another because it's used in transporting goods from point A to B. 
Electronics also got a few hits (like when the HDD parts factories got flooded), the prices went up. Next year, biggest profits to date and the prices stays high ;x

If oil prices keep rising, its gonna be the end of the world: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsE1ENfTOuw

Anyways good luck with your fund raising scheme.

RIP PERPETUUM

6 (edited by Norrdec 2012-08-23 20:31:59)

Thank you I am almost at 25% of the lower goal, so that's awesome smile

Hit the 25% of the lower goal! Thanks! big_smile

Hit the 50% of the lower goal! Frack yeah! big_smile

I'm absolutely gobsmacked that one of the CIR's fanbois trolls is scrounging on a public game forum, asking the very same players he has been trying grind out of perp since CIR arrived for handouts,  this has got to be a troll, DO NOT GIVE THIS GUY MONEY!  Seriously DEV's since when was begging ok?  Ask Syndic to buy you a new PC if you cant afford one, otherwise cancel some subs and save up like everyone else has to in the real world, we all have bills to pay.  What an f'ing leech ffs

Thanks for the bump.

Is that you scrounging on wefund as well?? stop playing pc games if you cant afford it.  There are self help groups that you can go to when you cant differentiate between real world priorities and internet pixels

I guess you cannot login to GW2 Jelan lol

Jelan wrote:

Is that you scrounging on wefund as well?? stop playing pc games if you cant afford it.  There are self help groups that you can go to when you cant differentiate between real world priorities and internet pixels

Chill out, we can't login GW2 too hmm

ah wrong account hmm

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

You can build a decent computer with 300€ and even less if you already have the case, CD-ROM or some other optical device, HDD, graphics card. Basically, whenever I upgrade my computer I just upgrade motherboard, CPU and memories to some more recent type. If my case, HDD, graphics card etc are still working well enought, theres no reason to upgrade.

Cheap basic kit that will serve well for years:
Cheapest H61 motherboard: 45€
Intel Pentium G860 3Ghz CPU: 86€
2x 2GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333Mhz: 27€
Total without graphics card is 158€

Of course you can beef it up a bit and get better processor and more ram but even then if you follow this logic, you will save tons.

+10

I am actually following Burial's idea. The case, PSU and hdd stays and gfx stays, and I am getting a new mobo, ram and CPU. I'll wait some more time before upgrading the GFX. It will start being the bottleneck in the system, but oh well, now the whole system is a bottleneck! tongue

Again, thank you everyone for donations.

18 (edited by Burial 2012-09-09 16:45:59)

Btw, incase you don't know it, Pixmania has a polish site too. Their prices and range of products are good, allthought delivery can be painfull sometimes. lol

http://www.pixmania.pl

19 (edited by Norrdec 2012-09-09 17:36:16)

Ouch the prices are really bad. I will have to get my parts from the shop in Warsaw(so no delivery), but the prices are 10% worse on pixmania!
If you EVER have a problem with hardware in poland go to gral.pl, they have the best prices for the region.
Example for i3 2120 - 494 cheapest on pixmania, 450 on gral.
Thanks for the extra option to look at tho smile
edit. prices in PLN

Thats interesting. I haven't really ordered anything from Poland ever, however, I am constantly looking for cheapest computer parts everywhere across EU. I just caught your comment about the parts price in Poland being over the top, you should see the prices in Finland. big_smile

So is that only the US people not having problem with computer parts? big_smile And maybe germany tongue