Re: Seeded T1 market items.

I see lights and assault bots are covered right now (I'll build some Baphomets to fill that last gap). I've been putting up essentials (frames, sensor amps, geoscanners, light weapons, ammo, etc) on all three alpha 1 islands. Sales are extremely slow, but I've been seeing player arkhe's outside everytime I visit a terminal. There's some influx, we'll see if cheap T1 can do something the tutorials can't.

There are some serious problems with the market mechanics, but nothing show stopping. Back to you.

27 (edited by Blackomen 2012-08-13 09:03:27)

Sundial wrote:

To fix the market:

1. Fix the commodities. You should be able to build 100% of stuff from one faction on just one island. Currently you need materials from all 3 regions to even build a light bot...
2. Buff Trade Extensions, allowing people to sell things on the market besides the most commonly demanded items.
3. Seed the market with expensive T1 items as well as lights / assaults.

These are all simple changes... really no excuse for this to go on so long.

I... Actually agree with with Sundial on this.

1. It is rather absurd that you need materials NOT present on the island for making that island's faction specific robots. Thelodica robots should NOT need materials found OUTSIDE thelodica islands.

2. Oh god yes please. Even with 3 characters nearly trained to max on trade extentions, I still can barely sell one faction's list of items on all the alpha islands. Trade extentions need to be reverted to the old values where basic marketing = 5 per level, advanced = 20 per level, and expert = 50 per level. That alone would let just me seed virtually every item in the game on all the alpha islands. Market problem solved. (I actually recommend higher values than this, shouldn't need 3-5 accounts to sell everything. Add more extensions if you have to.)

3. I'm a little iffy on this one. Personally I think T0 items should be seeded, not T1. If you fix the trade extentions, that will solve the whole T1 market issue.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

28 (edited by Annihilator 2012-08-13 10:31:18)

Blackomen wrote:

2. Oh god yes please. Even with 3 characters nearly trained to max on trade extentions, I still can barely sell one faction's list of items on all the alpha islands. Trade extentions need to be reverted to the old values where basic marketing = 5 per level, advanced = 20 per level, and expert = 50 per level. That alone would let just me seed virtually every item in the game on all the alpha islands. Market problem solved. (I actually recommend higher values than this, shouldn't need 3-5 accounts to sell everything. Add more extensions if you have to.)

It feels someone in DEV team missed or ignored the change where remote access to your trading offers also turned your slot-limit from "per terminal" to "global". The extension numbers used to be ok when you could spread your offers just like you can still do with factory lines.

and i totally agree with t0 items seeded, not T1.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

T0 items have espti and alli in some of its commodities list by doing that you would cap material commodities buy  orders on the market, and T0 items would have to be redesigned.  T0 is an effective way to boosting yield to artifact hunting let's just leave it that way

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

30 (edited by Annihilator 2012-08-13 12:10:08)

t0 as "snycrap", no T0 "flawed"

so, correct request would be "seed 's' market with more items", they cannot be recycled...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

But once again Anni your being short sided, T1 seeded items would help stimulate prototypers and production.  A full syntec tree would take monthes.  This just a quick Omfg let's fix the economy in a mmo.  So no on a full syntec seeded set until the economy increases.

I'm mildly interested in Doek's experiment.  Because I suspect that seeding the market with T1 items won't be of any use, because we'll quickly find that no one is buying outside of hershfield.

33 (edited by Celebro 2012-08-13 15:55:37)

Should have been seeded when game went live, until there is enough players to take it on themselves and that surely has never happened.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:

Should have been seeded when game went live, until there is enough players to take it on themselves and that surely has never happened.

+1

Best approach to help new players is to sell basic T1 stuff on the alpha 1's and 2's. Dividing the market and start manufacturing to provide new players with stuff until some basic stuff is seeded again or changes are made.
Already manufactured and sold different items on the market, started with 40 slowly building up, no huge profits but that's not my aim here. If more people help out we help the game forward in this department.

That's what this thread is all about!  More people helping even possible the devs doing something.

Alright, so I have some numbers:

Transactions from 2012-08-14 08:00 - 2012-08-13 03:30

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … GpvMUQ1aGc

And what I have on the market (or ready to set of refill).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … lVTbTZyTHc

My extensions do not allow me to post much more (maybe the rechargers), and I already spend a fairly large amount of EP on this (on my industrial toon I'd rather spend that on mining or manufacturing).

Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

+1

I +1 villes +1 & i +1 Celebro

so really its a +2 .... I think:fuuu:

But he is right the devs have been way to optimistic with the market. Now it is true im Anti seeded items but im against it when seeded items are set at static values.

I do think tho that Basic T1 items that form the core of game play should always be seeded on the market. Till a games population gets to the point where it has the industrial capacity to manage that. And even then removing seeded Items Must be done slowly & over a length of time

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Ville wrote:
Celebro wrote:

+1

I +1 villes +1 & i +1 Celebro

so really its a +2 .... I think:fuuu:

But he is right the devs have been way to optimistic with the market. Now it is true im Anti seeded items but im against it when seeded items are set at static values.

I do think tho that Basic T1 items that form the core of game play should always be seeded on the market. Till a games population gets to the point where it has the industrial capacity to manage that. And even then removing seeded Items Must be done slowly & over a length of time

It is also very important that the cost of seeded items is greater than the build cost for producers.

Producers should have a range where they can make a profit and not be undercut by seeded items - otherwise there is no incentive to produce anything.

Well as I said, if the devs would just vastly increase sell order limits, I could sell every single T1 item in the game in orders of 1,000+ right this very second. (10,000+ in a week or two) The issue isn't the limit of producers, it's the limit of the producers ability to sell things.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

Blackomen wrote:

Well as I said, if the devs would just vastly increase sell order limits, I could sell every single T1 item in the game in orders of 1,000+ right this very second. (10,000+ in a week or two) The issue isn't the limit of producers, it's the limit of the producers ability to sell things.

It will be done.

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/post/71915/#p71915

Blackomen is that at all three alpha1s?