Topic: Dynamic Ore and Recource Scarcity

"Completely new tier of modules using colixum."

Back when the gamma patch was still being discussed heavily on the forums and in beta, I couldn't help but see an issue the dynamic ore spawns would present. It would essentially make it so that you could mine an unlimited amount of any ore on gamma.

While this may be fine for certain fundamental building blocks of bots, I don't think this is ok for high ends like epriton or colixum. Currently there is no real reason to have more than one gamma / beta island besides the ability to stage out of it. Once you have your gamma, you have essentially unlimited epriton / colixum.

While I understand this may be "working as intended" It is not going to do anything to drive conflict of resources. I propose that we give epriton and colixum a set rate of regeneration instead of instant. This way when population scales up in the game, you will need multiple beta/gamma islands to meet demand of the market and your corp.

In addition to that, I think there should be some kind of strategic recourse that encourages you to deploy assets on multiple islands. By having people deploy smaller bases built for harvesting this resources, you can have fights / things to shoot without assaulting someones main PBS. Once depleted, these recources would not regenerate in the same place / island unless you got really lucky. They would work like dynamic ore spawns except across ALL of perpetuum and would be automatically harvested by structures. For the sake of the lore, lets call this "Energy Harvesting". This would give small groups a reason to deploy a small PBS (we need these too) on an island. This would also make it to where big corps couldn't just build one PBS and have nothing left to do.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Re: Dynamic Ore and Recource Scarcity

Sundial wrote:

It would essentially make it so that you could mine an unlimited amount of any ore on gamma.

AFAIK not any ore. Factional ore/plants are still needed if you base yourself on 1 island. Unlimited it is, same as with static ore fields, before, you just needed to wait for regeneration, now you have to search and maybe terraform your way to get the ores.

IMO no matter what you change atm, no conflict will be created we just need more players to fill those gamma 'gaps'.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Sundial wrote:

It would essentially make it so that you could mine an unlimited amount of any ore on gamma.

AFAIK not any ore. Factional ore/plants are still needed if you base yourself on 1 island. Unlimited it is, same as with static ore fields, before, you just needed to wait for regeneration, now you have to search and maybe terraform your way to get the ores.

IMO no matter what you change atm, no conflict will be created we just need more players to fill those gamma 'gaps'.

Yes but you can get all that stuff on alpha...

This change would not affect players now because there are not enough to hit the regeneration. This would simply bring the high end ore resources in line with the other high end resources in terms of limitations.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Not too sure about these changes would work in terms of keeping players active, logistically it's already a pain with the new factional material changes.

RIP PERPETUUM

well the spawn rate of new fields may be a bit fast atm. maaybe there should even be some randomness in that. not like in STeve where you know on tuesday there are the fields respawning... of cource atm with extremly low population there is no real lack of resources. but that may change when the population is increasing. then going more and more to gamma may be a good thing because on alpha the resources get thing quite fast.

the thought from you is right, but maybe more relevant with bigger population