Topic: Roving Guns recruiting.

The Roving Guns is offically recruiting honorable pilots. We've been around since 1997 in many diffrent communites, and are looking to make a home here in Perpetuum.

We're looking to fill the ranks, whether you're industrial or combat there's a place for you here. Most of us ingame are currently US timezone, but we're espically looking to fill out the Euro TZ with more players.

Our website can be reached here www.rovingguns.com , and I'd like to note that use of Teamspeak 3 is mandatory for all members when logged into game. We also have a strict NO dual clanning policy in all games we play as a corp.

Feel free to send Smokeyii or RG_Sha a PM or join the Roving Guns Pub channel in game for more info.

=S=

Re: Roving Guns recruiting.

Code of Conduct
http://forum.rovingguns.com/faq.php?...master#faq_coc

=S=

sha

Honor Fidelitas Super Omnia

New players are welcome! Come and learn how to play as a team member. Please no trash talkers. cool

If interested join chat channel Roving Guns pub in game, and someone can help you live...

=S=

RG_Gnad

We're still recruiting, and actively seeking Euro TZ people, so if you have friends swing by the Roving Guns Pub to have a chat.

I've got high hopes for these guys actually, I think once they get on their feet they'll want more than to be pets in no hope, so a bump for their future

7 (edited by CoyoteTheClever 2010-12-11 23:13:45)

I don't really think so Jelan. Their leader cried at me for trolling in general chat and made a big deal about how he was going to ignore me. With that sort of leadership, I think they are a perfect fit for being merely pets in No Hope. Then there is all of this empty talk about honor. What even is honor in this game? They don't really seem interested in describing it so much as just claiming it.

I don't know about their regular members though, maybe they are frighteningly competent and I'm dead wrong. I'd accept that. Its just, bad leadership can lead to a bad corp. Maybe their members would be better off joining a corp with a leader who has thicker skin.

Thanks for the bump Jelan

These games are awfully cutthroat, we accept that, but you can go a long way by not being a ***.

The Blind Bot -- watch your six, my aim aint so good these days!

10 (edited by RG_Sha 2010-12-20 08:33:28)

CoyoteTheClever wrote:

I don't really think so Jelan. Their leader cried at me for trolling in general chat and made a big deal about how he was going to ignore me. With that sort of leadership, I think they are a perfect fit for being merely pets in No Hope. Then there is all of this empty talk about honor. What even is honor in this game? They don't really seem interested in describing it so much as just claiming it.

I don't know about their regular members though, maybe they are frighteningly competent and I'm dead wrong. I'd accept that. Its just, bad leadership can lead to a bad corp. Maybe their members would be better off joining a corp with a leader who has thicker skin.

I am the leader and I have never talked to you. Your are just being malicious and telling lies.

Honor in a game: be respectful to all players even the *** hats. We will not use spys; We help new players; We CAN say good fight even if we lose (unlike many); We treat all members as if they were brothers and sisters; We do not grief; We do not Flame; If we give our word we will follow through; Simply put we don't not stoop to your level...

We have held this values longer then you have been in the gaming community.

BTW thanks for brings out the Mechs and Heavy tonight. It was much fun blowing them up.
http://www.justin.tv/daopa/b/276020623

Caain wrote:

Agreed,
Thanks mate, Win or lose I hope our fights are fun for both sides. As for calling us a Pet, mehh call us what you want.. I won't cry, Nor flame you or your clan. I wish you all well and look forward to the fight on the field. I care less about Forum wars and smack talk.

Just do me a favor can you say "good fight once" win or lose?
=S=

No, I'm not malicious or telling lies. I'm sadly mistaken apparently, as it was smokeyindustries who had problems with me and handled them in that way. Though I believe he was the CEO of your corporation at that time, I may be wrong in this, and if so, you have my fullest apologies for being confused over your leadership.

Its funny how you can't even follow through with your own mantra in the same paragraph though. "Simply put we don't not stoop to your level...". That's some nice malicious lies and slander there smile. Your statement on "honor" seems to be just a manifestation of a superiority complex, though I am glad that you at least defined it.

As for spies, there is nothing "dishonorable" in making sure you have good intel coming in. This has been one of the bedrocks of M2S' play for a long while now and you know what, -no one- has complained, because these boards are filled with Eve veterans who realize that not having spies is just silly and that it is a staple of games like these. Seems like more a measure of laziness to me.

There's nothing wrong with playing the game without all that metagaming BS, props to you guys, I always enjoy fighting RG.  Also they really should moderate flaming in recruitment threads, not really the place to discuss problems with a corp.

13 (edited by RG_Sha 2010-12-20 22:26:59)

Tiggus wrote:

There's nothing wrong with playing the game without all that metagaming BS, props to you guys, I always enjoy fighting RG.  Also they really should moderate flaming in recruitment threads, not really the place to discuss problems with a corp.

Agreed, +10 "happy points" to you.

CoyoteTheClever wrote:

"Its funny how you can't even follow through with your own mantra in the same paragraph though. "Simply put we don't not stoop to your level...". That's some nice malicious lies and slander there smile."

Take it how you like. I didn't say we were non-human and with our emotion. As a 7 year standing member of RG I do get piss-e when flamers come to our recruitment thread and talk crap. I was referring to that fact, it not malicious it's the truth as any one reading it can tell. You are trying to discredit us as many have tried, but in the end you just sound like a fool.

CoyoteTheClever; You did talk to Smokeyii in General chat. You were saying you hated all Americans that all solders should die. In that instance you were talking to a ex-military and I'm sure most that read this would side with him.. That was not /crying nor flaming it was what his soul told him to say. If you like I can post that conversation for all to read.

Hell i'm not even saying we won't call you a ***, rather we ask our members to "try" to refrain. Piss off Intruder and he will call you more than a ***, what can i say we love our clan.
I won't say we don't say *** on TS when we see an ass-hat, but we don't do it publicly. RG has been around longer then 99% of online groups and we will be here long after Perpetuum is dead and most of the corps/clans here are gone. You may black our eye, you may knee us in the groin but we will still be here in one game or another HAVING FUN together.

Our values attract the kind of people we are looking for, interesting enough we have a lot of law enforcement, Military and ex-military people. Like people that did not need to be told what Honor was and how to apply it in a game. 

Good luck, have fun!

=S=
sha

I'm not flaming you, I was just posting in response to something I read and posting my own personal experience. That's what people do on forums. Most people coming for recruitment just read the first post anyways, so this is like, the most free bumps you could possibly expect. You should be thrilled I'm here big_smile. Where I've been wrong, I've admitted I'm wrong.

You can call me a *** all you want. I don't really care about the whole name calling thing. One of my goals here was to figure out how you guys defined "honor" because I found it to be an interesting descriptor. People will naturally define it differently like they will any other term that is open to a range of description (For instance, "honor killings" being something we in the west wouldn't find very honorable at all and actually rather abhorrent, your own views of honor as being related to those organizations which specialize in applications of violence which many different kinds of pacifists would disagree with, ect.), it isn't about being "told" what it is or not so much as wanting to know what your individual interpretation for it is. That it is a buzz word to attract a certain kind of player is interesting to note and tells me a lot about your corporation (And right here, I'm not implying anything bad, so don't get me wrong, because right now you are in a very defensive mode, and that's understandable). I'm sorry if I've offended you, but my goal is not to sabotage your corporation, nor do I think anyone could post anything in a recruitment thread that would accomplish such a goal anyways. Like anyone else coming into this thread, I'm mostly trying to figure out more about Roving Guns.

15 (edited by Golden One 2010-12-21 00:12:59)

This is way off-topic, but it's a free bump for you guys so..

What's the deal with that video?  Its over an hour long and I sat through the first 10 minutes of it just to see nothing at all.  Also, what is the point of low robot models with 16x filtering...

Golden One wrote:

This is way off-topic, but it's a free bump for you guys so..

What's the deal with that video?  Its over an hour long and I sat through the first 10 minutes of it just to see nothing at all.  Also, what is the point of low robot models with 16x filtering...

It was not take by an RG it was one of the AXE guys we were leading. I agree he could of "trimmed the fat a little".. As far as the low robot models.. maybe he gets low FPS and was trying to keep them high if a blob poped over the hill.

Agreed,
Thanks mate, Win or lose I hope our fights are fun for both sides. As for calling us a Pet, mehh call us what you want.. I won't cry, Nor flame you or your clan. I wish you all well and look forward to the fight on the field. I care less about Forum wars and smack talk.

=S=

That was me saying GF, it's just hard to get it out, sometimes tongue

RG_Sha wrote:
Caain wrote:

Agreed,

=S=

You've been fun to fight, never had any really significant fights with you guys that I can recall off the top of my head, but the small skirmishes are always fun.

As for the pet comment, it's not entirely inaccurate. But yeah I tend to think of pets as corps not capable of defending themselves. Which I don't think includes you guys.

We're hoping you guys get strong enough to be a force to recon with on your own is what I'm saying. We need some "honorable" corp to fight against us bunch of "anything goes" kind of guys.

Oldest player still in the game. Perpetuum for life.
Original Founder of M2S, may it rest in peace. sad
"Hungarian Math" is defined by the dictionary as "Just like normal math, but where each equation ends by dividing the sum by Potato."
-Shoutout to "Stranger Danger" for the "potato" comment.

Jelan wrote:

Agreed,

=S=

That was me saying GF, it's just hard to get it out, sometimes tongue

=S=

Well done!

I hope to see this game grow and more new faces over the next year, friends and foes.  I have high hopes for large scale battles and small scale hit and runs in the future. I have way more fun here than in EvE. battles (or mugging) feel more real.. or I feel more connected to my bot with terraferma under my feet than a ship floating in space.. not sure what it is.. It's just more fun here.

BTW.. Can I say you all blobed me just now? please. big_smile
Took me for ever to find you all.. then you had to go an blow up my Arkie.

Welcome to Costco.  I love you.

Looking for US Time Zone players at this time. Come join the Good Guys and have fun killing the big bad meanies in a mature environment.

=S=
sha

Brawndo's got what plants crave.  It's got electrolytes.

Like to play with this guys! I'm recommend this corporation.

24 (edited by Voldemort 2011-01-16 05:38:52)

<°))))><

¯\(°_o)/¯