Topic: MMORPG Center Awards....

I've been keeping some track of the 2 awards that Perpetuum was nominated for and I'm really starting to doubt the voting process of the MMORPG center award.

Now I know that these user awards don't hold too much value and I personally couldn't care too much who won them. But still, this struck me as an amusing topic worth discussing. Besides, conspiracy theories are always cool.

First of all take a look at the Most Anticipated Game category. Where a game called World of Tanks has gotten a miraculous 8763 votes. In the Best Free MMORPG category they've got over 10k votes.

So it should imho be quite obvious that the voting system is easily manipulated. I mean the second best game hasn't even got 1.5k votes ( WoW in game of the decade awards. )

Still, no problem for Perp. World of Tanks doesn't share any of our rewards. But looking at the best new MMORPG award I find myself again wondering if there's not some manipulation going on, probably a bit more subtle and believable then what World of Tanks is doing.

At the top we have Final Fantasy XIV, which from overall reviews I've read was about the worst AAA release of 2010.
Next up Star Trek Online, another game getting some pretty bad reviews. Though not nearly as horrible as FF. I'm willing to believe the votes given here are genuine.
Then we get APB. The shortest living MMO of all time. A game that's not even online anymore.

I can understand STO getting the top. But how are FF XIV and APB getting more votes? Evil men in suits following programming courses to create bots so they can advertise the games they ruined through their greed for a quick profit by spamming positive votes in these awards? Or just better known games that weren't as horrible as the reviews made them out to be?

*Insert really awesome sig here*

Re: MMORPG Center Awards....

FFXIV and APB are both well known while "Perpetuum" sounds like a something you would stick up your *** for enjoyement.

And you are right that these awards are rigged by fanboys.

Kaito apparently sticks random vacuum cleaner accessories up his rectum, glad we now know that.

But seriously games like FF14 had like 100k+ subs and a dozen servers. Some of those games are simply more known and popular then Perpetuum.

Why else would the DEVs be forced to make a game crippling move like 50k EP on Early Access accounts, just to be able to pay the rent at their trunk sized office?

Your posts never cease to entertain me, Bizzy.

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Does well known actually warrant votes?

If I had to choose between a game I knew to be a buggy boring mess and a game I didn't know much about I'd definitely choose the unknown one.

Then again I suppose the "If I haven't heard about it it can't be that good anyway." sentiment also has some merit.

Still from what I've seen on forums and such FF XIV has it's share of extreme fanboys that I wouldn't be too surprised about if I knew they'd been casting 20+ votes whenever possible.

And just to keep some constant in the replies of this thread:

*Insert random insult to Neoxx here*

*Insert really awesome sig here*