Topic: Dynamic Ore Spawn Question.

So we have had this happen multiple times on beta and  being a casual miner that I am, I just spent another 15 mins tracking down another ore spawn but answer me this:  What happens when an ore spawn generates directly under a mob spawn on Beta that has ECMs and Neuts? 

1.  I used a riv Mk2 full shield  tuners and t4 shield and full rechargers in the leg slots and could not tank the spawn I.e. the neuts and ecms...
  1a.  I tried the same setup with energy transferring riv Mk2 to the shielded miner, the energy transfer bot was aggroed and wasnt effective.
    1b.  I tried one last time with 4 energy transfer bots  and was still not successful.

2  Plan B was slightly more successful.  Kill the mobs and try to mine with a shield.  This was going ok  until my field container died from explosions.
  2a.  Feeling annoyed I went and played  a different game.
    2b.  While playing the game which must not be named I got an Idea which, I have not tried.  Kite the mobs away a little kill then keep a dedicated repair bot on the field contqiner, a combat and follow buff bot and a miner plus a hauler and an energy transfer bot to the miner.

Was this how dynamic ore spawns supposed to work?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Dynamic Ore Spawn Question.

didnt you know, the game is about teamplay - so, get your team killing the npcs off while your mining.

i see nothing out of the ordinary here, since everything is about teamplay.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

The logical thing is to go find anothet field.  Because all the ore on the island would NEVER end up all the NPCs Amirite fuuu  Lololoololol

I know a good idea...put the Ore back to static sites. But then again ore is a living thing that moves around so I guess it's protecting itself from you smile

1-2 week recycle time on ore locations maybe?

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Response, Call me maybe?

7 (edited by Celebro 2012-07-20 16:42:22)

Mining in an NPC spawn on beta is just too frustrating, specially with the AOE. Another thing that only a fool would try is mine solo right next to a tp on beta, where anyone can just jump with interzones

RIP PERPETUUM

do you mine anything but - now again- liquid Epriton AFK on beta ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

The whole premise to this is it is obviously broken.  Even with I won't attack you if. You don't attack me spawns on Alpha it still doesn't fix Beta or Gamma.  I merely suggest having fields not spawn under mobs.  How about that?

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

so, please dont make it spawn under...

- impassable terrain
- buildings
- safe zones
- hot zones
- npc spawns
- water
- highways
- logged out mining agents
- MCP

big_smile

Anni stop trolling my posts and get serious.

Actually before the ore spwans got modifed, a good Epi-Field was near Initia under a random NPC-Spawn.
We did this several times as corp action, shilded Termis with some shield harder instead of tunings and at least 4 better more fighter. It went ok, but there were losses on mining bots, as they got dmg from time to time mostly if a Mech or HM explodes to near.

With the new modification that container gets dmg on beta, I consider it quite frustrating, as you could not avoid having NPCs blasting next to miner/container. A blown miner is not as bad, as a blown container after 60 mins mining of a corp.

And some spawns are with the recent modifications that hard, that I would not mine under them as corp even with 10 players available.

First thing to improve this situation would be the introduction of "Shilded container" that withstands dmg from bot exploding next to them.

Than I would _not_ stop ore spawning near NPCs in general, but prevent ore spawning under some "hard" spots.
Especially ECM and neuting is quite frustrating as miner, plated Mech and HM do too much area dmg.

I think there should still be spawns left with small bots where you could have fun as corp to allow miner getting ore next to them.

sorry, ville, cannot get serious here, since the major error there is not the ore spawn location, but the nature of static npc spawns that don't fit into the sandbox nature of the game.

and the inability for a single VET PLAYER to defend himself against any NPC with the one weaponslot that each industrial mech has. together with the lack of self-repair effeciency that cannot even keep up with the DPS of 2 light 3rd star NPCs.

Ewar is just a drop on the hot stone there, since its disabling the "shielded mining" option to. It would also be the solution to your problem - if you bring enough EWAR to perma-ECM and supress all those NPCs, then they will never shoot, explode or ECM you wink

how many vaga mk2's would that be? big_smile

It's still idiotic to think  this working as intended.

And I have two vaga Mk2 pilots.

Option 2b is unsuccessful and perma jamming npcs is not viable seeing  how there is more then 4 mobs?  Can we get dynamic ore spawns under NPC spawns restricted on Beta and Alpha so the ores won't spawn there?

17 (edited by Lahha 2012-07-23 20:33:43)

How about when there's ore under a spawn, rivelers spawn and start mining there ore? big_smile

18 (edited by Annihilator 2012-07-23 21:47:52)

Lahha wrote:

How about when there's ore under a spawn, rivelers spawn and start mining there ore? big_smile

often requested by me - that NPCs mine too - but at least one or two times i heard "themepark feature, not in my sandbox" by random player

That's a theme park feature lahha and I don't want that in my sandbox.

So how we supposed to do this?

stop playing with hands growing from *** would hunter say!

Lol +1 Anni

He'd put turrets out of *** too.

LOL!  Did you see the new screenshot?

25 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2012-07-29 19:15:54)

No, can you post a link Hunter?