Re: New devblog: The Gamma proposal

Annihilator wrote:

Syndic:
yes i have played other MMOs before. And the PvE part there felt much more entertaining, even in the full PvP areas.

Since you and Ville see "Sandbox" as soley PvP enviroment with full loss on death, there is no use in explaining you what could make perpetuum to a real sandbox game.

If you havent read the whole blog, i point out for you two the direction that Perpetuum is going:

DEV Zoom, Blog wrote:

Issue: Too few NPC spawns in general, with emphasis on starter islands.

NPCs on Alpha 1 islands will only attack when attacked. This makes it possible to place more fixed spawns without interfering with mining, artifact hunting, transport and travelling. (Of course NPCs popping out of beacons and artifacts are not affected by this rule.)
    Increase all normal (non-starred) distress beacons to 10 waves.

THAT is themepark. go to your attraction booth (NPC spawn) and they will only start to "play" with you when you are ready for it. Its only missing the "put in a coin here to spawn npcs on demand" terminals all over the island. I dont think even WoW has such a dumbed down AI...

Do not presume to know what and how I see something.

Perpetuum is a game where players need to replace their equipment either through a communist system where they produce everything, or through a capitalist system where they buy everything. Either system requires NIC on multiple layers; prototyping, reverse-engineering, repairing and producing being the fundamental NIC sinks.

Thus, intelligent players put 2 and 2 together and come up with the most efficient way of aquiring vast amounts of NIC to fuel their ability to keep playing the game. This is called "farming", it is what players are doing in every sandbox or themepark, either farming for purple loot or skill-ups or level-ups or whatever -ups the game provides as an option.

Perpetuum is also a game whose combat system is keeping X range and pressing space. That is fundamentally the reason why "PvE" will always be lackluster.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

102 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2012-07-14 08:46:47)

Syndic wrote:

Do not presume to know what and how I see something.

Fttt i still will....

http://i874.photobucket.com/albums/ab30 … bies-1.jpg

on topic...

Make turrets return fire when attacked, regardless of relation settings.

this would be an awesome move smile just a shame turrets wont on a friendly attacking another building near by (i think this is the case can some one confirm / deny ? i think a dev might have mentioned this but i cant find the post)

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Stealing pictures from our corp photoalbum doesn't constitute as presuming. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

5 pages of discussing, and 90% of them are mostly offtopic, politics, *** and endless arguing. Deploy the patch DEVs, just apply those changes that were offered somewhere here. Deploy, and get back to PvE development to attract new players.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

5 pages of discussing, and 90% of them are mostly offtopic, politics, *** and endless arguing. Deploy the patch DEVs, just apply those changes that were offered somewhere here. Deploy, and get back to PvE development to attract new players.

+1

Thador Caeli wrote:
Line wrote:

+1

+1
Changes can be made from that point rather than changes made to changes that are not yet tested. Let's walk forward  not talk in circles

bleu wrote:
Thador Caeli wrote:
Line wrote:

+1

+1
Changes can be made from that point rather than changes made to changes that are not yet tested. Let's walk forward  not talk in circles

THAT is what got us here in the first place....

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

bleu wrote:
Thador Caeli wrote:
Line wrote:

+1

+1

Sometimes you have to walk in circles to assess your position and situation, and walking blindly forward makes you fall down a cliff.

Then let's walk not talk and theory craft about problems that have not yet happened

110 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2012-07-16 18:05:24)

delete moi

Mongolia Jones wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

new tiers and robot variants - that's T5 and Mk3?

We have a new idea for making the tier system less linear and more accessible, it would look like this:

Normal tiered items according to the current system (new name in parentheses):
T0 (T0): stays as it is
T1 (T1): stays as it is
T2 (T1+): stays as it is, requires T1 modules to build like now
T3 (T2): remove current T2 modules from its components
T4 (T2+): stays as it is, requires current T3 modules to build
T5 (T3): brand new tier, no component prerequisites, uses colixum-based commodities
T6 (T3+): brand new tier, requires T5 to build

So the system would be built up of tier pairs, one normal variant that needs more “exotic” commodities as we go up in tiers, and one “+” variant that needs the normal as a component. The common trait of + variants would be lower fitting requirements than their normal variant. The important thing to note here is that higher tiers wouldn’t have cascading requirements anymore.

In the new system, tier designations for factional items would be:
T2+ -> T1F
T3- -> T2F
T4+ -> T3F

As for robot variants, the naming is yet undecided.

Personally I don't like this idea at all.  The system we have now is pretty good most items are "accessible" as almost everything can be purchased off the market.

I would rather see T5 as a more powerful item than the T4 (using gamma minerals to manufacture) and T6 as the same as T5 but lower weight and fitting requirements.

/Agreed ... Also before any higher tiers come out please please please !!! !! ! change the research system.

Research needs to be more targeted .. .  shotgun randomness when researching kernels will just keep newer players and corps away from higher tier equipment production.

as the tech levels are you do have a lot of room for improvement if you looked at the modules in a different way. 

Example:
T0 Keep as is it just garbage

T1 ~ Standard module keep as is
T1+ ~ Same as T1 with decreased weight, less CPU & Reactor requirements
No factional mineral requirements

T2 ~ Standard module keep as is
T2+ ~ Same as T2 with decreased weight, less CPU & Reactor requirements
1 Factional Mineral Requirement

T3 ~ Standard module keep as is
T3+ ~ Same as T3 with decreased weight, less CPU & Reactor requirements
2 Factional Mineral Requirements + Epitron

T4 ~ Standard module keep as is
T4+ ~ Same as T4 with decreased weight, less CPU & Reactor requirements
2 Factional Mineral Requirements + Epitron + Noralgis

T5 ~ Standard module keep as is
T5+ ~ Same as T5 with decreased weight, less CPU & Reactor requirements
2 Factional Mineral Requirements + Epitron + Noralgis + Colixium

T6 ~ Standard module keep as is
T6+ ~ Same as T6 with decreased weight, less CPU & Reactor requirements
2 Factional Mineral Requirements + Epitron + Noralgis + Colixium + Special loot item dropped from Observers

the + variants should only be attainable through artifact or Observer hunting...

more to come but in another forum . . .

PS change research please.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Agreed - under current research system - these changes would be a no-go.

The game is at a stand still because everyone is waiting to see what the patch brings either release the changes or announce nothing is coming

bleu wrote:

The game is at a stand still because everyone is waiting to see what the patch brings either release the changes or announce nothing is coming

Which you shouldn't be.  What should be happening is your busting your *** to secure assests and put them in reserve alpha side for the up coming changes and getting out there and keep pressure on others who are in the same rat race with you.  Tasty Rivelers are Tasty.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Everyone has been doing that since the gamma announcement now it's just driving people out, we need the patch or something to happen

The patch will happen tomorrow at 12:00 CEST, with the changes outlined in the immediate section in the blog.

Thank you for the announcement zoom keep up the great work devs

DEV Zoom wrote:

The patch will happen tomorrow at 12:00 CEST, with the changes outlined in the immediate section in the blog.

Please say this also includes the teleport spark.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

As you can see in the devblog, the spark teleport stands under the 2 week changes, so no.

I think thats in the ~ 2 week category that will take... let me calculate the hungarian statistic analaysis and multiple by the integral rate of .982364 and divide by 27 and multiple in the amount of complaints on the forums divided by a factor of division of 4 for soviet allied corps and multiply by 7.2 for everyone else which in turn means we should see it in 5 weeks.   Depending on forum complaints.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Crepitus wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

As you can see in the devblog, the spark teleport stands under the 2 week changes, so no.

It was worth a shot ;/

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Ville wrote:

I think thats in the ~ 2 week category that will take... let me calculate the hungarian statistic analaysis and multiple by the integral rate of .982364 and divide by 27 and multiple in the amount of complaints on the forums divided by a factor of division of 4 for soviet allied corps and multiply by 7.2 for everyone else which in turn means we should see it in 5 weeks.   Depending on forum complaints.

You forgot to take away the number you first thought of. yikes

DEV Zoom wrote:

T0 (T0): stays as it is
T1 (T1): stays as it is
T2 (T1+): stays as it is, requires T1 modules to build like now
T3 (T2): remove current T2 modules from its components
T4 (T2+): stays as it is, requires current T3 modules to build
T5 (T3): brand new tier, no component prerequisites, uses colixum-based commodities
T6 (T3+): brand new tier, requires T5 to build

Will you make similar tweaks to MPC structures? Will t2 structures require t1 for manufacturing?

Alexadar wrote:

Will you make similar tweaks to MPC structures? Will t2 structures require t1 for manufacturing?

Yes they will, we have no plans to change that.

DEV Zoom wrote:
Alexadar wrote:

Yes they will, we have no plans to change that.

Yet.