1 (edited by Jasdemi 2012-07-11 19:41:45)

Topic: Remove LWFs!

Right now none leaves a terminal without a LWF, for pvp at least. This means that something is wrong.

So,

remove LWFs from game and give every bot the ability to switch frames for a fee in terminals.

1. Right click your robot in terminal
2. Select frame
3. Lightweight(less HP/more speed) / Standard(balanced) and maybe Armored(more HP/less speed)
4. X NIC fee based on robot size
5. ???????????????
6. PROFIT!

EDIT To all nay-sayers: Why don't you tell us why not?

Re: Remove LWFs!

NO

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

+1

+1

No.

GERMAN ROBOTECH INDUSTRIES
| high tech engineering since 2010 | Website

-1 thats what we have fitings for. why not just make all modules interchangeable like your frame?

bad idea

Jasdemi I respect your post but not always in pvp do you have to use a lwf.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

i almost have to agree with him.

whats the real purpose of that module? we got tiered modules with different masses - that should be enough to create fits with different speed settings.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Good troll

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Doesn't really add anything in-game.

That's just some band-aid solution, for example who goes without sensor amps? They're also almost mandatory modules. Why don't we just give all robots one leg and head slot more while we're at it? I don't understand why people whine about LWF.

Something what I said today in IRC would be cool to see and make fitting more complex. Modules could have fine-tuning slots. You could change how they work eg. Guns: reducing accuracy and giving longer range. This way I could get my 'useless' accuracy off into something useful.
This fine-tuning would make fitting more complex but still 'casuals' could go with cheap fits without any fine-tunings. I know that there are 'tunings' in-game but I'd rather have module slots and tuning slots separated. For endgame pilots there really isn't anything "to make you better" of course this is just small 'feature' and it wouldn't save anything.

I know that was somewhat off topic but you can't remove mandatory items as it doesn't really solve anything. Most of the times pewpewing pilots will fit guns, lwf, sensor amp, resists anyways. Do we really want to remove all of them or like Zortarg said, make them interchangeable parts?

The way how PO works kinda makes some modules mandatory in different scenarios, sadly LWF just fits in 'running away from zerg' and 'catching someone off guard'. If there would be objective that you need to defend in 2vs2 scenario surely people would leave LWF and fit something else.

TL;DR: Jasdemi just needs a slap.

Noobs in mirror are closer than they appear.

Hell no! If anything, more mods not less. And there are plenty of circumstances where lwf is not used for PvP. This is not the universal Navigation Skill.

Sparking to other games

nope, lwf is mandatory to get from a to b, no matter what you do.

its also mandatory to fit t4 lwf to keep up with the group.

sensor amp is not mandatory, because it can remotely buffed with exactly the same efficiency (except t4p sa).

but if you fit an armor plate instead of a lwf, theres no way you can keep up with anyone

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

No wonder no one thought of doing a siege to a gamma outpost - everyone was using Jeeps while they should have used tanks.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

14 (edited by Yoslin 2012-07-11 22:26:05)

If you're defending objective you don't have to keep up with anyone. Eg. someone killing npcs without lwf on and suddenly wild roamer with lwf shows up, who has better chances to survive? Without lwf guy just wanted to kill npcs so he will "win" if pvp doesn't happen and he gets to safety or blows up the attacker.

You can get from a to b without lwf, you don't need T4 to keep up with the group except if you all are using same bot and T4 lwf. If there's Tyrannos with T4, I'm pretty sure you can use lower tier lwf on kain without dropping out.

Noobs in mirror are closer than they appear.

Annihilator wrote:

nope, lwf is mandatory to get from a to b, no matter what you do.

its also mandatory to fit t4 lwf to keep up with the group.

sensor amp is not mandatory, because it can remotely buffed with exactly the same efficiency (except t4p sa).

but if you fit an armor plate instead of a lwf, theres no way you can keep up with anyone

I concede that LWF is probably the most highly used mod, and it was pretty rare I didn't have one fitted when I was actually playing this game. But as noted (or hinted) above there are times when the objective is more about tanking than about moving from one point to another quickly.

I would like to see more options in game for navigating from a to b, but focusing on the LWF only touches a small part of a much larger issue.

I'm not worried about it, as I believe the community would go ape-shit if it were removed. Devs' plates are full of ape-shit last I checked.

Sparking to other games

16 (edited by Hunter 2012-07-12 03:53:33)

Jasdemi. I advice to participate in any mass PvP.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

17 (edited by Goffer 2012-07-12 07:19:27)

Lwf is must have for roam, yes. Must have for tackler, but nothing else. I did roughly the first two month of my char pvp without simple because I could not afford to loose T4 lwf in pvp and it would have been ridiculous to pvp with T1 lwf.

Earlier, i asked to remove LWF from game because it is musthave module.

Less difference, less customizable, less content. neutral

Why the crybabies wins?

20 (edited by Annihilator 2012-07-12 12:21:42)

all your talking about is pvp...

sure, the new agents ingame quit because of their lack of speed in pvp,
not their paperthin noobie robots in t1 lwfs forced to hit-and-run farm npcs spawns that are balanced towards powergrinding with multiple agents.

some time ago i suggested a dimishing return system for speed increase.

that way DEVs could still keep the maximum reachable speed where it is, but you wouldnt need to even fit the smallest bot with a lwf just to keep up with your lwf fitted mech-group....

but such balancing discussions are out of the reach for most here...

STC enough new corp. But where is their suggestions bout removing lwfs?

Why the crybabies wins?

Most players fit/use EM-guns, HCL lasers and ballistic missiles - let's remove other variants and make those built-in.

Most players fit at least 1 SA - let's remove 1 head slot and just add bonuses to a robot

Most players are using miner robots for mining and harvester bots for harvesting - let's integrate tose modules into robots. Oh, and let's make additional versions of those for RR, ET and RSA.

After all, why to bother about fittings? Let's make 1 universal bot with EVERYTHING fitted already, just disabled until extensions are leveled.

Then why do we need extensions? Let's just preset a leveling order once and make it automatic - you just pay and wait.

Then look at pvp - it's always numbers against numbers with skills and luck as random part - let's change it all to dice roll or rock-paper-scissors - easier, eh!

Oh look! Game doesn't need such graphic requirements anymore cuz no content - let's turn it to a browser flash mini-game! Win-Win!

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

Line wrote:

Most players fit/use EM-guns, HCL lasers and ballistic missiles - let's remove other variants and make those built-in.

Most players fit at least 1 SA - let's remove 1 head slot and just add bonuses to a robot

Most players are using miner robots for mining and harvester bots for harvesting - let's integrate tose modules into robots. Oh, and let's make additional versions of those for RR, ET and RSA.

After all, why to bother about fittings? Let's make 1 universal bot with EVERYTHING fitted already, just disabled until extensions are leveled.

Then why do we need extensions? Let's just preset a leveling order once and make it automatic - you just pay and wait.

Then look at pvp - it's always numbers against numbers with skills and luck as random part - let's change it all to dice roll or rock-paper-scissors - easier, eh!

Oh look! Game doesn't need such graphic requirements anymore cuz no content - let's turn it to a browser flash mini-game! Win-Win!

Yay! I could run  7 clients then!

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I say nay, simply because there's a wonderful system for switching out HP/speed profiles in place already: modules. You want more speed? Fit a LWF. You want more HP? Fit a plate. See?

LWF is not always used and I think there are better solutions to the LWF problem: http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ll-medium/