Topic: Production after the patch.

Production and Industry after the patch was a huge success in my eyes.  Market mineral volatility is normalizing and goods are starting too come down in price but a few key items still seem high.  One of those items is LWFs.  The large amounts of Nora required kind of suggest it should be one of those valuable commodities traded.  But looking at the rates traded the demand seems not be so high?  why is  that? 

Could it be there are very few veteran producers left?  Or does it mean that the production monster seems over whelming for some?  Pre patch Light Bots took three commodities to produce them same with assaults.  Now multiple commodities are needed for both. same thing with basic modules.

Two things have lead to a lack of pvp:  Cost of pvp equipment and travel times.  We need as a community cheap pvp, it helps turn the market.  No one dieing means no market activity.  Light bots should be stupidly  cheap to make and assaults should be cheaper as well.  I know there should be consequences to pvp but should you really have to farm for 5 hours to pvp for one?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Production after the patch.

for some unknown reason, you always need a plant from another island. (for example, i need triandlus to build a yagel with 4 small em guns and slugs)

i agree that 3 common ores, 1 factional ore + 3 differnt plants is tad to much for bot low level production

imho, it should be 3 common, 1 factional ore + 1 factional plant MAXIMUM

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

for some unknown reason, you always need a plant from another island. (for example, i need triandlus to build a yagel with 4 small em guns and slugs)

i agree that 3 common ores, 1 factional ore + 3 differnt plants is tad to much for bot low level production

imho, it should be 3 common, 1 factional ore + 1 factional plant MAXIMUM

I agree.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

btw, sorry. im not that into marketing that i can work with only a single element of advantage over my competitors.

neither do i have the research for t4 lwfs, nor do i have the access to enough noralgis to mass produce them for the market.

Im waiting for next DEV-Blog about what they want to do to break the boredom outside of 5min pvp.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Thats what I am saying Anni, it's just too much stuff all at once.  "You have to have ALL the minerals ready to go to get most commodities before producing.  It's Crazy!

Arbalest:

Titanium 75 Titan Ore (X1000)
Plasteosine 50 Titan Ore, 25 HDT (X500)
Cryoperine 25 Liquizit, 50 HDT(X250)
Axicoline 25 Titan, 50 Liquizit(X1000)
Statichnol 50 Immentium, 30 Prismocitae, 25 HDT (X500)
Chollonin 50 Immentium, 30 Helioptris, 25 HDT (X250)
Polynitrocol 50 Immentium, 25 Liquizit, 30 Triandulus (X1000)

In order to produce one assault bot (this is not factoring the skills of a player in) I need : Titan Ore, HDT, Liquizit, Immentium, Helio, Triandulus, and Prismo

4 Ores and 3 Plants?  Really for ONE assault bot?

7 (edited by Ville 2012-07-10 00:06:45)

Light bots mirror the assaults components just less of them =//

Why is Triandlus in Standard Light EM-Gun?  Wouldn't you need a faction plant that grows on that island for a weapon used in that island? 

Like I should be able to produce all blue stuff on a blue island with only blue island resources, but if I want to produce green stuff I would have to goto a green island to get materials?  Thought thats how it worked.

the good thing - you only need to refine those 6 commodities once to start the production of:

light bot, assault, small repair module, light em guns, em gun tuning and a light armor plate

which also means, with recycling of those, you get pretty much of the mats for production

lwfs are made of non-factional mats only, but the higher ones need epriton and noralgis (mostly), which would be ok, if that would not be a must have module and the lower tiers just suck...

I understand Anni and agree entirely, but the basic stuff that is new player friendly should not require a guy whos 2 weeks old having to try to jump between two different islands trying to figure out the zomg, this island doesn't have XYZ plant?

New players should enter production, and either go into market buy mode, or self harvesting mode themselves.  We should be promoting that not promoting travel between islands.  Items like
AMMO
CHARGES (Miner)
T1 Faction specific WEAPONS
Light and Assault Bots

Should use only wahts available on the island to allow for newer players to be able to push their way into a market situation.  Just my two cents feel free to shoot it full of holes.

totally agree.
It think we not only need a change of commodity list for that.

Ammo types should be rebalanced to get cheap and expensive ammo.
currently only single-damage and chemoactive ammos are valid for Vet-PvE, and the two other build-able ammo types are reall usefull against lvl0-lvl1 npcs, but now they contain foreign island ores AND plants.

thats not a good start for production.

looking at small firearms it gets even worse fuuu:fuuu:

I agree too.....

and should point out that the of the 2 islands a new player needs for resources, they have to jump to an alpha-2 island first - where roaming npc's and spawns are way beyond the abilities of a new player to handle.

There is definitely a too high of a requirement for beginner production. I too believe that most new people are now turned away from the production due to the sheer complexity of acquiring the minerals.

The markets itself really don't have many minerals for sale and if they do, they are usually bought out by older players as the new players can't afford anything of the market really.

I've been away and missed the production change transition and when I came back, everything for low level production is about 10 times more complicates. As stated previously I need at least 3 ore/liquids, 2 plants and two different islands just to make some small ammo!

There should be a complication increase gradually, the small ammo as stated above should use 2 ore, 1 plant and stay on the same island. At the very least the small ammo. Reason for this being is that it will provide cheaper and more stable source of ammo for new players as it is a big issue that I have encountered as a new player on the starting islands. There was no way I could afford the ammo for the first bot once i got it!