Topic: Steam/Population increase.

So this has happened today: http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight
Devs, make sure that youre on that site as soon as it becomes available, i'd say.

Many of the current issues in this game are related to a quickly dwindling userbase. If the trend can't be reversed soon .... well, all of you know, i think. There a few ways to go about this (multi level advertisement, indy mags, eve crossovers, grassroot campaigns ... whatever), and some arent that costly.

Re: Steam/Population increase.

mqx popultion has been a problem for about a year now.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Yes, we're already aware of it, but thanks for making sure smile

4 (edited by Annihilator 2012-07-10 00:26:51)

this means, AC has time until end of august to add FUN PvE to the game, so new player will stay longer then 3 days?

whohoo, and finally an official use for the perpetuum group on steam wink

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Rex Amelius 2012-07-10 02:56:34)

Will happily support this and drag all my friends kicking and screaming to support as well.

Sparking to other games

Ville wrote:

mqx popultion has been a problem for about a year now.

a year ?!?! more like nearly 1.5 years -_- nearly.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Won't the game be 2 years old in like, 3 months or something? smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Really really nice.

Annihilator wrote:

this means, AC has time until end of august to add FUN PvE to the game, so new player will stay longer then 3 days?

Yes Devs:
You probably already know, even if you advertise it will not be very helpful in the games current state.  You MUST improve the PVE areas, it is critical!!!  No one is going to stick around with how it is now...  just not exciting....(I am a fresh new player stating this)  I really like this game, I am new and I hope the best for the success for this venture, so get the updates going, make the PVE content fun!

Arkangelo wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

Yes Devs:
You probably already know, even if you advertise it will not be very helpful in the games current state.  You MUST improve the PVE areas, it is critical!!!  No one is going to stick around with how it is now...  just not exciting....(I am a fresh new player stating this)  I really like this game, I am new and I hope the best for the success for this venture, so get the updates going, make the PVE content fun!

Devs have already said they're now working on PVE content, so there should be more goodies later.

In any case, I see it's required to post some video & screenshots of Perpetuum to get in there, perhaps we could have a little bit of a screenshot competition for this?

sure they have said they will work on PvE content after gamma expansion, yet they havent even hinted a bit what the want to do.

as usual, it seems they will tell us AFTER they have put countless hours of programming into it, so even if we complain after the blogpost, it will be implemented by chance with errors that cannot be undone without rewriting the whole stuff again.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

When I came back for Gamma I thought a lot more corporations would return to Perpetuum and there would be at least 500-600 people online. Where is the population graph, why can't we see how many players are logged in? Why do we gotta draw our conclusions from General Chat numbers?

And more importantly can the developers continue developing the game with 50-60 people in General Chat? I'm starting to get the impression Perpetuum is a sinking ship and it's only a matter of weeks/months before shutdown.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I'm starting to get the impression Perpetuum is a sinking ship and it's only a matter of weeks/months before shutdown.

Yep. im kinda agreeing here the population is only getting smaller. Really sad. This could have been much bigger if the devs had given us gamma instead of terra incognita or what ever it was called.

Im just glad my job doesnt ride on this job or ide be a little worried.

waiting for PS2 & MWO tongue \o/

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

This could have been much bigger if the devs had given us gamma instead of terra incognita Im just glad my job doesnt ride on this job or ide be a little worried.

Bailing out on the idea of more Sand for your sandbox?  Huh?  Push for all this "I got to play minecraft 2.0?"  With Such wisedom as:

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

@ all the Wall QQ... i get what u say & in part i agree but with out knowing what else the devs have planned for PBS its a tall order i think to say walls are OP (med to long term).

I do enjoy the freedom we have to be able to place walls where we want them.
Ask your self this: Do you want a true sand box play ground? Or do you want a sandbox in a bucket ?

I want Perpetuum where there is no *** walls and probes preventing pvp from happening!

More words of wisdom from Obi!

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

@ the OP. Welcome to a sand box game, here you make the real content not the DEVs.
You are right the game still has much that it needs BUT.... You the player are still the driving force behind it all.

First off by the looks you never joined a corp? if so then thats your first massive OMG big mistake. the Sandbox rewards people playing in corps.
the sandbox imho delivers more meaning full PVP.

If you want to have epic PVE tho in a game like perpetuum then man this is so the wrong game for you. Go play SWTOR lol or other theme park games.

If you are the kind of person that wants a game that holds your hand thru out your gaming experience.... well i dont think i need to go on.

You want a goal?  Join a Corp!

What goals does your corp have now?  Sit in station spinning, rogue mining ops on Gamma island?  Wheres minecraft 2.0 at now?

Stop wasting peoples time with your ideas.  If you want to play EVE go play EVE, stop trying to push these ideas on the devs and ruining the game. The game was so much funnier pre walls, pre terraformers, pre stupid pinging *** probes everywhere you turn.

I remember the day I first got into this game. It was amazing. Every npc spot on alpha islands were camped by 5+ players and only the ones with the fastest locking speed would "win" in the competition. Hell the Golden triangle missions was very popular as well and had a steady trafic of Sequers moving back and forth on all 3 Alpha islands.  These days your lucky to see a tumble weed passing by.  I hope the adverticement will have an effect, for the sake of the game and the current player base.

More players attract even more players.

Kinda surprised by the attacks on the whole idea of PBS.

Perp was better without walls, beacons and gamma. We don't want minecraft fuuu

I remember reading many threads and posts complaining that PBS had not been delivered. It seemed the whole playerbase wanted it. Walls were initially sold as the first permanent structures in the PBS system. Probes were not only part of PBS calls but also calls to give the players something beside arkhe gate scouts.

Complain to the devs for implementing things slowly and unbalanced and incomplete, but damn, the people in this game asked for PBS. It's sad to see the whole idea attacked as a mistake.

Population, though ...more than sad, it's depressing

Sparking to other games

I specifically lobbied aganist it forever!!!!  It killed pvp!  Which Killed the Market, and then finally killed the population again!

I wanted three things:  1 multiple Squad leaders(check <3), 2 Balanced Beta islands (Kinda worked with dynamic ore fields), and 3 more bots!

I mean wheres the thrill of ambushing someone when the probes ping it right off your there.  It took all aspects of a subtle sneaky assault out the window and killed small hit and miss pvp assaults.  It was all those oh man let's make this game like EVE people wanting pbs. =/

syndic, you just came back to early.

steamrolling every station on gamma that pops out of the ground with your force helped very much with getting more player out into that playground. You want it as "elite only feature" and "complaining that there is no other elite as yourself out there"

Ville wrote:

I specifically lobbied aganist it forever!!!!  It killed pvp!  Which Killed the Market, and then finally killed the population again!

I wanted three things:  1 multiple Squad leaders(check <3), 2 Balanced Beta islands (Kinda worked with dynamic ore fields), and 3 more bots!

I mean wheres the thrill of ambushing someone when the probes ping it right off your there.  It took all aspects of a subtle sneaky assault out the window and killed small hit and miss pvp assaults.  It was all those oh man let's make this game like EVE people wanting pbs. =/

Yeah there has not been much regular PvP since walls. I think it goes even before that TBH to the first time CIR left at least for US TZ. They were pretty much the last corp who actually gave guaranteed fights left and for me was the only reason I got into the game in the first place.

Ville yes I agree walls may have hurt PvP, but at the end of the day it only came down to one thing that killed PvP in perpetuum: population. If the game had 10x the players when walls were first introduced the game would look very different right now.

Population is by far the biggest issue in perpetuum right now.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Sundial wrote:

QFT

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Gremrod wrote:
Sundial wrote:

QFT

So let's work together and help out the population instead of stomping corp/players to the ground.

Kokomut wrote:
Gremrod wrote:
Sundial wrote:

QFT

So let's work together and help out the population instead of stomping corp/players to the ground.

The only thing that is going to help this game is a constant LARGE influx of fresh blood so the bitter vets / new players have other things to do besides bittervet activities like trolling the forums/killboards or fighting the same groups of people over and over. If players can't fight wars without "killing the game" something is seriously wrong with the game.

Also this isn't corporate discussion.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

Rex Amelius wrote:

Will happily support this and drag all my friends kicking and screaming to support as well.

I'm gonna drag your *** back in game first! Come join me and Tux helping STC to world domination and dying horribly.

Sundial wrote:
Kokomut wrote:
Gremrod wrote:

QFT

The only thing that is going to help this game is a constant LARGE influx of fresh blood so the bitter vets / new players have other things to do besides bittervet activities like trolling the forums/killboards or fighting the same groups of people over and over. If players can't fight wars without "killing the game" something is seriously wrong with the game.

That's kinda my point. If trolling at least keep it in game, when it gets spilled to the public forums in almost every topic it would just turn away most of potential new players. Trolling have just gotten way out of control lately, it makes the community look like a bunch of 13 year old having a pissing contest. Most peple had enough of that in EVE, fortunately for that game they have the pop to afford it. However during its early years when they had pop problems it was the helpfulness of the community that helped EVE grow and become what it is.

It's DEV's job to fine tune and bring new contents to the game which hopefully attract new players. But the community is the glue which holds everyone together and give each other a reason to stick around, specially in a sandbox game.

And this is from a player's perspective, not representative of my corp/alliance but goes out to everyone and all sides.

Kokomut wrote:
Sundial wrote:
Kokomut wrote:

That's kinda my point. If trolling at least keep it in game, when it gets spilled to the public forums in almost every topic it would just turn away most of potential new players. Trolling have just gotten way out of control lately, it makes the community look like a bunch of 13 year old having a pissing contest. Most peple had enough of that in EVE, fortunately for that game they have the pop to afford it. However during its early years when they had pop problems it was the helpfulness of the community that helped EVE grow and become what it is.

It's DEV's job to fine tune and bring new contents to the game which hopefully attract new players. But the community is the glue which holds everyone together and give each other a reason to stick around, specially in a sandbox game.

And this is from a player's perspective, not representative of my corp/alliance but goes out to everyone and all sides.

I'm Sorry mind taking your care bear *** back to Hello Kitty Online?  Your playing a pvp game with territoral control, Harden the *** Up Carebear.