Topic: F2P maybe?

Is it time to consider F2P? Might fix population problem. Put full and partial EP resets in the shop, some other stuff too. Laser color changer or what not.

Re: F2P maybe?

Sigh ... sorry but no.

And what do you propose would be the source of income in this model? Gold ammo? Monocles?

Don't get me wrong, I don't think its impossible in principle but how can it be made free to play without becoming pay to win or pay to be competitive?  Another thing you have to consider is the degree to which what you can do is limited by the number of characters and EP available to you.  If this game becomes free to play the first thing I would do is make 10+ new accounts to start gathering EP.  Hell I would make my own corp just out of my alts so they could all share storage.  I think that's just scratching the surface of the problem.

On the other hand maybe some kind of extended trial with alpha only access would be an option? (not sure what problems that would throw up though)

+1
-Confucius

Like paid accounts get 2 ep/m? Or vice versa, free accounts get 0.5 ep/m?

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

-

PLEX.  Enough said.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Kaldenines wrote:

And what do you propose would be the source of income in this model? Gold ammo? Monocles?

While I hate F2P I would accept it if my robot could wear a monacle.

plex ? YES

f2p ?  absolutely not !

Duudoonga El Manolo wrote:

plex ? YES

f2p ?  absolutely not !

This.

Looking forward to new players and new conflicts.

10 (edited by Celebro 2012-07-06 17:42:39)

There is no way to make Perpetuum F2P , there are so many changes needed to be made it wouldn't be the same game anymore.. let it go.

RIP PERPETUUM

Dead market?  Infuse new players with an instant 300 million to buy that shiney arbelest Mk2 t4 fit day three.   Win win just saying Plex nah sayers.

Maybe accounts that have paid for at least one month always stay active but they stop accumulating EP when their subs run out.  That stops trial abuse by gold farmers and gives people a chance to see improvements to the game every time they happen before/after and would increase the population.  I think that would work great with a plex style system and it would act as a catalyst for the market with people working for nic to buy the plex keeping people logged in.

It may also give people the chance to be in game long enough to see something they want to do and work towards that which would get them to resub.  For example, say I want to roam with my corp but my piloting skills aren't good enough for mech or a higher fit mech so I need to resub to get the EP flowing again in the meantime working for the nic running missions/farming bots/whatever to pay for it.

I think this is a better model then the typical "pay to win" golden ammo route of WoT.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

sorry dont understand you there, crepitus - trials staying active but their ep stopped after one month should stop goldfarmers?
As I understand it, trials as they are now are already a paradies for them - it would be even worse giving them even more EP (one month!) + an unending time period -> utopia for goldfarmers pure.

Froobless wrote:

Is it time to consider F2P?

NOOOOOOOO! I don't want to see f.up teens flooding gen. chat with "O M G  U EBIL NOOB PK!", "Can I haz some free NICz PLZZZZ?" or "BR/SWE/PL?" (only Tibia players will understand that tongue).

"you're not in an MMO to make friends, you're there to make enemies smile"

Arjha Shanoo wrote:

sorry dont understand you there, crepitus - trials staying active but their ep stopped after one month should stop goldfarmers?
As I understand it, trials as they are now are already a paradies for them - it would be even worse giving them even more EP (one month!) + an unending time period -> utopia for goldfarmers pure.

No.  Trial accounts stay as they are now.  I'm saying that accounts that have at any point paid for at least one month should always be useable but not gaining EP unless they are paying.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

16 (edited by Arjha Shanoo 2012-07-08 12:24:55)

uh ok, misunderstood that with subs. Still doesnt change the point even with just one paid month not having to pay later isn't either a real stop for goldfarmers.
There were goldfarmers in one time pay games (with higher prices) too - 10€ is not that much money in RL + within that paid month you could easily get more out of it...

Edit: Just as an example: If within trial time a goldfarmer already get that startprice, he wouldn't even have to invest it beforehand. When trial ends he just takes that bit of money he earned in trial, buys a sub and starts goldfarming in even greater terms endlessly.

Dan wrote:
Froobless wrote:

NOOOOOOOO! I don't want to see f.up teens flooding gen. chat with "O M G  U EBIL NOOB PK!", "Can I haz some free NICz PLZZZZ?" or "BR/SWE/PL?" (only Tibia players will understand that tongue).

Do you prefer silence as it is now to it? And goldfarmers will be there no matter what you do, it`s all part of the universe. How about gaining EP only after some activity treshold is reached, which is capped every month. Let`s say you get 30000 EP per month if you reach 20 hours of play or something like that.

I don't care what kind of mechanic will use the game, subscription payment keeps stupid kids away. At least some tongue

Dan wrote:

I don't care what kind of mechanic will use the game, subscription payment keeps stupid kids away. At least some tongue

And clearly what this game needs is to keep people away.  tongue

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Take kids away? Yes.

Don't want THAT kind of drama when a 14 YO is going to ragequit the game and do something bad to himself after losing that bot that he "farmed for the last week!".

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Idc who rages as long as the gauss guns get reloading.

Fun fact tiem:
Free-to-play reality: More than 80 percent of revenue comes from less than 10 percent of users.

Yup, looks at WoT. Gold ammo users and cannon fodder

Dan wrote:
Froobless wrote:

[00:55:33] <funjord> can someone give me 300000.00
[00:55:50] <BeastmodeGuNs> of course...
[00:58:23] <funjord> can someone give me 300000.0
[00:58:43] <BeastmodeGuNs> wow funjord, u filthy hobo
[00:58:45] <funjord> can someone give me 300000.00
[00:59:03] <Jeru> spam more i heard it helps 0.o
[00:59:14] <BeastmodeGuNs> lol
[01:02:35] <funjord>  can someone give me 300000.00 and are rich and have nothing todo with the money
[01:11:22] <Shadowphaul> lol

07:19:17] <funjord> can i have 1 of those kains for free
[07:19:25] <BeastmodeGuNs> u wish funjord
[07:19:55] <Nhaz> I doubt it  im in the freelancer corp  which I never joined

I think you might have been a bit too late on that Dan

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

one more f2p mention and I kiiiill youuu! fuuu

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY