Re: DEV - Player conference

DEV Calvin wrote:

Invited parties:

- NATO Coalition / Hokk alliance
- The Soviet Union
- AIG

This certainly isn't the way the power blocks in the game appear from where I play ... and where did you get those names from? I really think you should be using more neutral names rather than ones invented by CIR in their Soviet Union role play.

FYI Alsbale alliance and Hokk alliance are completely seperate power blocs who very recently set each other blue for some operations. In fact, some members of the Alsbale alliance are red/yellow to Hokk. We have completely seperate plans for Gamma and have invested time/NIC in Gamma completely seperately also.

AIG? A neutral alliance formed mere weeks ago, are they supposed to represent, the "rest of the server"? Where do STC fit, a major player with Gamma interests but not really part of any of these alliances despite occasional joint operations.

Involved parties needs a rethink otherwise a lot of people will feel unrepresented.

Ludlow Bursar wrote:

This certainly isn't the way the power blocks in the game appear from where I play ... and where did you get those names from? I really think you should be using more neutral names rather than ones invented by CIR in their Soviet Union role play.

FYI Alsbale alliance and Hokk alliance are completely seperate power blocs who very recently set each other blue for some operations. In fact, some members of the Alsbale alliance are red/yellow to Hokk. We have completely seperate plans for Gamma and have invested time/NIC in Gamma completely seperately also.

AIG? A neutral alliance formed mere weeks ago, are they supposed to represent, the "rest of the server"? Where do STC fit, a major player with Gamma interests but not really part of any of these alliances despite occasional joint operations.

Involved parties needs a rethink otherwise a lot of people will feel unrepresented.

http://www.menacetoperpetuum.com/forums … trolling-o

The important part that Menace to Perpetuum has to say is:

"WW2 has broken out in game \o/ CIR & CHAOS (with a few mercs) Have gone to war with the whole server (NATO).
...<snip>...
Opposing the Soviet Pact is NATO (Niani Alliance Treaty Organization) which is composed of the Wambulance & Alsbale Alliances."

The point being that Calvin isn't inviting alliances, he is inviting power blocks. Hokk and Alsbale are clearly one powerblock, otherwise you wouldn't be fighting on the same side. If you don't wish to be with Hokk, pull out of the war. Seems to be going great for AIG, who are prospering since going neutral.

P.S.

If you have a problem with our Soviet name, send a complaint to me via ingame mail. I need material before I put on my wizard hat right? lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Ok, Syndic, I concede that what I have written in my post in my post needs clarifying, I have interchanged the terms power-bloc and alliance which are, as you point out different things.

Hokk and Alsbale are seperate alliances. My main point was obscured by all the power-bloc stuff.

My main point is this: The agenda deals with MPC risk/reward and MPC offence/defence and it is in these issues that Hokk and Alsbale should not be lumped together having not cooperated on Gamma projects.

Who should be represented are all seperate entites which have made/implemented plans. I'm sure all will have something different to contribute (as well as common ground). This meeting is supposed to be constructive after all.

Syndic wrote:

If you have a problem with our Soviet name ...

I don't. I think it's tremendous fun as it happens

By your definition, CIR and CHAOS should separately represent ourselves. So should <12>. hmm

CIR Complaint Form

Just because the map looks like its designed to support three power blocks doesn't mean that there are exactly three at the moment.  Perhaps the devs need to take their cue from beta outpost ownership rather than from forum politics and trolling.  After all, beta outpost ownership reflects activity on each island doesn't it?

Perhaps we could have one representative per beta island? (unless i missed a case where the residents are actually hostile to eachother, not sure what the deal with Domhalarn is right now)

(Note to self: batphone devs to fix this)

+1
-Confucius

Ludlow Bursar wrote:
DEV Calvin wrote:

Invited parties:

- NATO Coalition / Hokk alliance
- The Soviet Union
- AIG

Sorry, we may have been a bit too informal with the names, I agree. If there is a party that is not represented by these power blocks, please nominate a representative.

32 (edited by Ludlow Bursar 2012-07-04 10:55:01)

Syndic wrote:

By your definition, CIR and CHAOS should separately represent ourselves. So should <12>. hmm

Yes, I'd even go a bit further than that. The danger I see with such a narrow list of invitees is that large numbers of players may feel unrepresented.

I think every corp on the server should be invited and if they want their 5 minutes they should have them. Not sure how useful their contribution is going to be if they've not planned or gone to Gamma in anyway but they should be invited. If some corps don't reply to the invite then fine; if some corps are happy for others to represent them because their views are the same then fine; if some corps feel they have nothing to contribute then fine. Just don't deny anybody the opportunity.

[EDIT] Above post by Calvin wasn't here when I started typing! Seems to answer some of the issues I raise above[/EDIT]

33 (edited by Celebro 2012-07-04 19:22:44)

There is a feature discussion section in the forums. I don't see perp lacking player feedback here.

It may sound obvious, but what are you expecting to accomplish with this player conferences?.

RIP PERPETUUM

Representatives for Soviets:

Tamas Vitez (CIR)
Alexadar (CHAOS)
Lemon (CIR) - requesting 3rd slot please

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

Tamas Vitez (CIR)
Alexadar (CHAOS)

No Arga, I'm disappoint.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Tamas Vitez (CIR)
Alexadar (CHAOS)

No Arga, I'm disappoint.

Sadly due to his work hours he had no way of attending, he was supposed to go ahead of me

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

From Hokk if possible

Line (DoY) (already listed)
Kaldenines (M2S)
Dazamin (NeX)

the day is today... anybody seen a specific time yet? would be nice to know... or am i just too blind to see it?

The time of the meet could be between 17:00 and 20:00 CEST. Please post your preference.

I probably won't be able to get off work early enough to make anything before 18:00 and would prefer anything closer to 20:00

+1
-Confucius

I can make 19:00 or 20:00 server time, not before

Industrial Junkie

start around 18:00-19:00 sounds good to me. will have it hard to be there before 18:00. later is not a problem for me.

Syndic wrote:

<12>'s Co-CEOs have placed their trust in to their Contractor's decision making. Proxy vote awarded to Lemon.

As our corp has no structures with in 2000m of a teleport I have no talking points to bring up that won't already be touched on. Though I would like to listen in.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

19:00 ST and later.

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086

what type of comunication will be used? teamspeak? vent? skype? anything else?

Time: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 20:00 CEST

Teamspeak:

teamspeak.perpetuum-online.com
port: 9987
pass: to be handed out on IRC (http://irc.perpetuum-online.com/)

Updated op.

It was already mentioned before a lot, so I'd like to ask again, whether gamma interested persons will be able to listen in somehow (for example with speaking rights only given to representatives) or would the server be overloaded?
If serverload would be too great, is there a possibility to record the discussion and put it online (download or whatever) together with the summary?

Arjha Shanoo wrote:

It was already mentioned before a lot, so I'd like to ask again, whether gamma interested persons will be able to listen in somehow (for example with speaking rights only given to representatives) or would the server be overloaded?
If serverload would be too great, is there a possibility to record the discussion and put it online (download or whatever) together with the summary?

We will record the discussion and make it public later.

49 (edited by Cassius 2012-07-05 17:51:37)

If possible I would like to attend.  Considering that STC has been directly involved in breaching current allowable defenses twice now, I might have something constructive to add.  And it is correctly pointed out that although we are allied with NATO, ours, and NeBs, and other corps definetly have their own agendas in regard to Gamma.

At first glance I think 1000m from teles is acceptable, and perhaps the introduction of a "teleport to mobile interzone" module would eliminate the chokepoint problem.  I'm Mountain Timezone so the 20:00 meeting time is in the middle of my workday, but if I am invited to attend I will rearrange the rest of my work day.

Edit: thank you for allowing me to attend.

50 (edited by Qwertyboom 2012-07-05 20:29:49)

20:00 is not going to work, thats the middle of my workday ... good job devs....