Topic: Idea for the No Build around Teleporters

Just a couple questions and an Idea.

1.  What happens if the randomc colixum ore spawns around or near a teleporter?  We won't be able to build a tower near it to mine it =/

2.  Your potentially cutting islands by a quarter of the terraforming limits.  Islands with 4 teleporters get a 8K range that is unbuildable.

I have heard or seen on the forums or something somewhere that one of the major reasons for this change is because of hi tech turrets with boosters being able to hit at the range of 1K or more, and at 500 meters you jump into an get blasted by turrets.  I agree something needs to change. 

I propose this:

1.  The range of the building be limited to 1k from teleporters

2.  The turrets range be reduced to under 1K fully buffed (hi tech)

3.  Individual Masking of All turrets and Eneregy related building be buffed where a regular heavy mech won't see the turret until 900, which gives the long range fit sniper seth and Grophos a reason for someone to use "target Markers"

I think this will help more then cutting off 8K of an island.  Just my 2 cents feel free to shoot it down with logic and reasoning.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Idea for the No Build around Teleporters

How hard would it be to make turrets so that they don't shoot anything up to 500m from the teleport if thats the whole issue...

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

How hard would it be to make turrets so that they don't shoot anything up to 500m from the teleport if thats the whole issue...

Too abusable, it would prolly work like the syndicate protections on beta lol, and as we remember it wasn't too good.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

4 (edited by Burial 2012-07-05 08:06:00)

About the turrents hiting people who have jumped in, Devs could easily add more obstacles and buildings around the teleports to absorb some of the damage said turrents make. Making the non-buildable radius 2k from the teleports will just slow the islanders down but won't really solve the issue entirely and we could very well see something similar happen in the future that the dev's wanted to pull off with this update.

Please don't add un-nessecary restrictions to the game. If you feel there is a problem somewhere, instead of restricting, add us the tools to overcome it.

5 (edited by Syndic 2012-07-05 08:59:17)

How about writing a comprehensive guide on how you beloved hungarian people want us to play the game we're paying for so we don't get anymore suprisebuttsecks after we sink a few billion NIC into terraforming. roll

I mean, thats what the core problem is right? You want us to play the game the way you want us to play, we're playing it in a different way. So please give us a comprehensive guide on how you want us to play and then everyone can decide if they want to play your way.

Cause this is just demoralizing for the whole server.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

When you can see Syndic and Burial agree on something, you know you derped, and DERPED HARD.

People were already successful to attack our base, the  (to my knowledge) one most defended and currently the best terraformed one.

Just in those few posts, there are already ideas that could fix your problems, without aggroing the whole server.

Listen I am not pointing fingers at the Devs, I understand why you want to do it.  I feel like something like this should have been seen in the beginning before like Syndic said "investing a few billion nic in something."  This reminds me of walls 2.0 and I swear to God, if this happens again it is going to be very very hard for me justifying why Gamma is worth while because roaming NPCs is not the answer to gamma's problem.  Hell just put some statoc spawns around the teleports!

8 (edited by Burial 2012-07-05 12:36:23)

I wouldn't mind having a special, expensive beacons that can be deployed on ground and permanetly(or atleast until destroyed/picked up) receives special NPC spawns, kind of like a normal becon does but with slower respawn times. Could be a gamma only thing and makes the area ~500m not terraformable. But thats another thread..

Syndic wrote:

How about writing a comprehensive guide on how you beloved hungarian people want us to play the game we're paying for so we don't get anymore suprisebuttsecks after we sink a few billion NIC into terraforming. roll

I mean, thats what the core problem is right? You want us to play the game the way you want us to play, we're playing it in a different way. So please give us a comprehensive guide on how you want us to play and then everyone can decide if they want to play your way.

This guide is coming, completion date is scheduled for 2325, eta is still on time.

It has cool popup pictures, with shiny things as well.

I almost wish this was a joke, but anymore its becoming more a reality.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Norrdec wrote:
BandwagonX9000 wrote:

Too abusable, it would prolly work like the syndicate protections on beta lol, and as we remember it wasn't too good.

How so abusable? I'm interested how you think this could be abused. It wouldn't work quite like the old syndicate protection since it applies only to turrets, not players.

Maybe I am looking to far away, but I remember a time when people attacked you on beta, if you they weren't losing, they ran under the beta main terminal. You couldn't kill them no more.

In this case I can see people locking the turrets, get out of the zone, shoot, get into the zone.

I just posted my idea in the Dev discussion topic, how could we fix this problem.

Merkle wrote:
Syndic wrote:

This guide is coming, completion date is scheduled for 2325, eta is still on time.

It has cool popup pictures, with shiny things as well.

I almost wish this was a joke, but anymore its becoming more a reality.

I cant agree more ... spending time planning attacks and new strategy to kill people is good. making it so everyone has some God&^$ spreadsheet and map on how to attack and kill gammas is just nonsense. I dont want to be told how to play a game if i did i would go play Super Mario Bro's.

I keep preaching this to the DEV's : Let people have the freedom to play as they would like ... more freedom and ability to make the game what you want will only grow the game NOT harm it.

the 2K limit around teleports is a joke and will kill gamma.

Oh and yes all of the current gamma designs are bad. really bad ... I haven't seen one that i couldn't break into with little to no issue. This is why CIR's & company's bases were raided several time already.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

When you say things like "CIR's $ Company's Bases were raided several time already" your using the term raided like you made it out alive with loot.  CIR's base is setup to encourage pvp, not like someones alliance that terraforms the entrances off and puts signal detectors on high alert whilst they mine.