Topic: Suggestion: caravan park

I haven't had a lot of time to think about this so I'm sure you will shoot me down in flames but here goes:

At the moment we can build relatively permanent, high value structures on gamma.  A corp has to either go all in and build a massive fortified base or not bother with gamma at all.  What if there was a terminal structure that could be assembled and disassembled relatively cheaply.  It would have some kind of reinforcement mechanic to prevent it from being instantly wiped out by a blob but would have limited storage space and would not support any buildings in the way a proper terminal does.

The idea is to give small groups of people a chance to be productive on beta without having to join one of the large power blocks.

Discuss

+1
-Confucius

Re: Suggestion: caravan park

What about two more types of terminals one with one connection for a mining tower and what kald is requesting.  Ninja mining station actually.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Re: Suggestion: caravan park

Being able to mine Collixium is about the only perk of gamma base, so I would say the opposite. You can build a temp terminal but can't activate any external foundations, its basically just a temporary dockup and storage silo.

It would have to have some restrictions, such as it can't be deployed on an island that already has a terminal. It would be too OP to have as a safe dockup on someone else gamma as an offensive deployment.

With that though, it can also be thought of as temporary, so instead of reinforcement it just decays after 48 hours or so; priced accordingly for a temp. building.